Dutch Passion Autoflowering 'Think Different' in DWC under L.E.D.

Hi Seymour,

Those great guys at CANNA have been in touch with me after reviewing this grow and they have a couple of things to say. Firstly they think this grow rocks!

Then they say that they are indeed looking at LED-specific nutrients for LED grows.

"LED light has less (heat) radiation (leaf are colder), causing less evaporation.
The uptake of calcium is effected since it depends on fluid flow of the plant to be transported.

In other words less evaporation less calcium intake.
This gives a displacement in the food cations such as potassium and magnesium

This might well result in calcium and perhaps magnesium deficiency.

So solving the problem, one of the ways of solving a problem is by taking away the problem ;-) give more IR light and convection heat to increase the leaf temperature. "

In other words, raising growroom temperature a little will allow more evaporation which will give greater calcium uptake. That in turn will raise other nutrient levels. "

Another possibility which they recommend is that you get some calcium
http://www.canna-uk.com/calcium

and some magnesium
http://www.canna-uk.com/magnesium

They suggest making a solution of calcium (15%) with an EC off + 0.2 and a solution of magnesium Mg ( 7%) with an EC of 0.1. This would be a supplement that would allow the plants to do well even without raising growroom temperatures.

keep it rocking man!

Some posts in regards to seymours post #176 have been moved to the sub forum,it's a interesting theory and would love others to chime in over there :bong:

Reactions: RML
yeah I had that starting to happen too with my leds
I solved it by cal /mag foliar misting once a week and raising the temp from 21ºc to 23ºc by adding a 250watt sodium into the room
lol those plants are well fit I used to use dutch passion years ago Im glad to see they have not lost their touch

looking to be a good yeilder seymour, absolutely stunning!!:drool:

'think different' couldnt have been a better name, i reckon a few people are gonna be thinking different after seeing this one..

keep it up bro, we're all watching..:peace:

day 49 from seed

just under 4 weeks left untill harvest (26 days), im gonna split her pk boost and spread it out over a 2 week period, her full ratio is 24ml but im gonna give her 2 dosages of 12ml for a longer period

her feeding is very agressive and she certainly likes to eat her meals but she is very demanding, i switched her ratios around and lowered he base nutrients but increased her additives, i came to a compromise and decided to let this grow finish around 1.3 and 1.4 ec ph 5.8 - 6.0

her aroma has gone into overdrive now and ive got some really nice funky aroma kicking inside the grow room, im gonna have to sit and try and describe it the best i can but every time i get a smell of her i tend to drift off into a daydream like state lol

in her res at the minute ive got

canna aqua flores (base nutrient)
carbo-load (bloom boost)
pk 13/14 (pk boost)
sensi cal (try and combat her def)
superior potash ( enhanced bud developement)
rhizotonic (to sustain that root mass)

each 1 of those additives is in my opinion is whats needed to sustain her growth and hopefully she will reward me in kind ;)

ive took a few pics of the plant so you can try and see her from 360 degree angle, the buds are pretty equal around the whole of the plant, it might look like ive taken the same pic twice but its not, th yellowing of the plant is only at the very top which im inclined to think its bleaching from the light even so the light is still a good 18" away from her

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know exactly what I mean! Hahaha!

She's looking good. Looks ready to start packing on the bud now. :drool:

the final part of any grow is always the best bit ;)

if the last quarter goes well i will get a big finish, biggest problme ive got at the minute is thinking what to blow up next lol

Looking more like sea anemone than weed at the moment :cool: Looks really good under the led lighting...I would stare at this for hours ...I swear my forehead gets sunburnt from popping my head in peeking at my plant all the time :D

the final part of any grow is always the best bit ;)

if the last quarter goes well i will get a big finish, biggest problme ive got at the minute is thinking what to blow up next lol

I'd love to see what you could do with one of LBHs hazes,they already get big so in your hands they could push some serious weight

Back