Anyone try breeding clones from autos?

Hi guys, (bad engrish allert :crying:)

I noticed today something weird. There is something growing in my bud like a pepper ball. I've read somewhere, that hermie pollen cause this abnormal seed production (and foxtails). The problem is, i never had a hermie plant. The one i sprayed is still alive and she is flowering accordingly. I have three plants in flowering tent, lets say a b and c. I cloned a, sprayed 2 stems c with cs and nothing done to b. Later, i saw a stem on c was also producing male balls with some hairs, which i never sprayed (but maybe partly. I cant be sure). So i let all pollen blend together in the air. I will just harvest the seeds from plant b for my future grows, but i will keep other seeds too.

My question is; Is this a sign of hermie? Shall i wait another 3 weeks for seeds to mature? (for plant a. pic attached) Could seeds have a chance to be a dna strain? Uhm, well, i am checking trichs but no signs of any amber ones yet. Will the plant still produce thc or her energy goes to seeds? And does uvb have any effect on seed production?

I just want to get usable seeds, more is better and some smokable material is also welcome.

peace, sorry i am a bit nervous atm.

IMG_1365.JPG
Capture.PNG

I would not over react to one possible ball on a mature plant in a tent full of seeded buds. IMHO you cannot really tell if it was an issue unless you see it in a subsequent generation even it it is a concern. Ive planted seeds from plants that hermed because of stress and none of the offspring hermed because I didn't stress them. Shes a beauty, grow her out - even Cindy Crawford had a mole.

I would not over react to one possible ball on a mature plant in a tent full of seeded buds. IMHO you cannot really tell if it was an issue unless you see it in a subsequent generation even it it is a concern. Ive planted seeds from plants that hermed because of stress and none of the offspring hermed because I didn't stress them. Shes a beauty, grow her out - even Cindy Crawford had a mole.

Thank you Master,

I try to be water then :pass:

Hi there,

I though, a little update would be nice. About 2 weeks ago i harvested top colas. They were huge and seeded. Yield is about circa 250 gr dry (that was my first cob-led run. Only 200 wattish lol). Never harvested so much buds before. I let the plants flower for 2 more weeks. So yesterday was the day.

Seeds have been planted at January. It took 140 days (from seed to seed :greenthumb: ) Now i have thousands of fem auto seeds and extreme potent buds. YEAH!!

I tried to germinate 30 seeds. 3 survived and planted today. Oh man, i am sooo happy right now. :bighug:

Wembley x chronic X white widow X power plant auto.

I think i should find a name for my girls.

I'll add pics soon.

Hi there,

I though, a little update would be nice. About 2 weeks ago i harvested top colas. They were huge and seeded. Yield is about circa 250 gr dry (that was my first cob-led run. Only 200 wattish lol). Never harvested so much buds before. I let the plants flower for 2 more weeks. So yesterday was the day.

Seeds have been planted at January. It took 140 days (from seed to seed :greenthumb: ) Now i have thousands of fem auto seeds and extreme potent buds. YEAH!!

I tried to germinate 30 seeds. 3 survived and planted today. Oh man, i am sooo happy right now. :bighug:

I'll add pics soon.

What happened to the other 27 seeds?

Nuggets

Actually, its a case by case possibility. Some auto clones seem to root but never grow, they will bud however. And some will gain in size, though I've yet to see one actually get large. They can gain enough size to be worthwhile with some strains, esp. SOG is used.

If your talking about taking cuttings and trying to root them it won't work with autos.You will have to get a male auto and use its pollen to pollinate a female.

Actually, its a case by case possibility. Some auto clones seem to root but never grow, they will bud however. And some will gain in size, though I've yet to see one actually get large. They can gain enough size to be worthwhile with some strains, esp. SOG is used.
My largest clone got to 2 1/2 ft tall and 15g dry.but ive had a lot of them hit 3 to4 g dry lol. They are the stealthiest lil nugs lol

Hi there,

I'll add pics soon.
Sounds like an awesome cross bro! Glad it worked out.

Back