Lighting Autocobs & autos in a 2x4x5 space?

Another thing I’m wondering about is fan size.. in the past I had to get pretty big and slightly loud fans to pull air through a hood to cool a super hot hps... I’m just wondering if going with autocobs would let me get a slightly smaller quieter fan, just enough for basic air exchange and a carbon filter of course. But I’m not sure how much smaller I could go

Sorry I have so many questions, I’m just panicked LOL my seeds got here a week early and I simply can’t stand it, I need to get these in the dirt ASAP

Yeah your not gonna be cooling all the electric wasted on heat anymore so less electricity on smaller quieter fan too. Good thing is most inline fans are adjustable so get one big enough but can be turned down and set on a timer if need be too. I run constant though doors open so no filter just fans lightly blowing all over.

Think I’ll be ok with a 4” fan? Lol they’re a lot cheaper too. Looks like most 4” are around 190 cfm.. that’s kinda small maybe too small. It’s hot here but we run ac almost all year round.. daytime kept around 75 and nighttime about 65

Does anyone have a good kind of cal-mag they would like to recommend? I always kept it simple and didn’t use anything except premade soil like FFOF.. I was going to start them in happy frog and then transfer them to a 2:1 mix of FFOF & perlite .. a lot of people using autocobs have mentioned needing cal-mag so I was thinking of giving it a shot? My budget is small so I’m just trying to get only what I need right now— I can get more things in a couple of weeks.

I still feel like 190 cfm might not be enough for a 36x36x72 even though autocobs won’t be as hot as hps... any thoughts on that? I’ve never so much as touched an LED light though.. so I really don’t know how cool they run

I’m all ready to place my orders and get started I’m just having some second thoughts. My love keeps asking if I could manage things in a slightly smaller space, (we live in an RV btw so that’s why I have to watch how many amPs I’m using & also the space issues. She really wants me to try the 32x32x63 but I just don’t see how I can fit 4 cobs in there

I think you’ll like the 36x36 much more. Crammed plants never work out well in the end. 4 cobs is only 750btu of heat. To put this into perspective an inactive person gives off 250btu’s of heat and an active person gives off 2000btu’s of heat. It’s heat regardless but much less than you would expect. Air movement does help cool the heatsinks but even in a stagnant tent the temps never get in the danger zone.

Don’t worry about stock. It’s taking years off my life but I’m keeping the shelves full. Everything ships next day and is delivered in 1-2 days usually. Beating amazon without the prime membership fees.

I should be placing the order Wednesday evening! I’ll have to add those lights 1 or 2 at a time until I get up to 4 but that’s one of many things that makes the autocobs attractive in the first place aside from the great specs & results— being able to get it piece by piece but still able to start with the first light and work up. I could never do that with the lights that are prebuilt with multiple cobs on the frames.. it’s so much up front

I found a calimagic cal-mag thing and it says it’s 1-0-0 soooo seems ok to use with FFOF? I don’t want a nitrogen toxicity or whatever could happen when it’s got more stuff in it

I’ve never watered with any nutes (keeping things dirt simple works best for me) .. but I’m wondering if I’ll have to worry about PH ? Or is the cal-mag going to be ok in the FFOF as it does it’s thing

Back