Anyone try breeding clones from autos?

First day of pollen collection on the reversed sodk clone.

Just want to mention that if you haven't reversed a plant before, that a reversed plant doesn't drop pollen the same way that a male does. The sacs don't pop open. You have to kind of pry them open. Or chop and dry it all at once. I collect as its ready.

And just know that the smallest amount of pollen will make more seeds than you can grow. This small amount on the 1st collection, can easily pollinate a few plants, and get a good amount of seeds. The pollen wasn't ready in time to hit the mom with, but that was never the plan. To do that, you'd have to take your clone as early as possible. I think I'm going to store the pollen and order a few sodk to grow out, and hit the best one.
20181111_162434~2.jpg

So I would assume that timing is absolutely critical if you only reverse a branch with the intention of pollinating the rest of the plant. Or you have to leave the plant to finish up and don't care about the bud because it will take so long?

So I would assume that timing is absolutely critical if you only reverse a branch with the intention of pollinating the rest of the plant. Or you have to leave the plant to finish up and don't care about the bud because it will take so long?
Timing is very critical with autos when reversing a single branch. I have reversed a DP Auto Mazar this way and it was tricky but it worked and I produced a modest 500 seeds with about a 85% germination rate. I normally reverse photos and for that I just use a clone to keep it all on the small size. With the Auto Mazar I just did it during the natural progression of her life which is long for an auto. As soon as the pollen started dropping I took the branch and released some on the buds sites that were closest to the revered branch and captured the rest for crossing later on. I have pushed Mazars over 100 days, which helps when producing seed because if you take it too early you are going to have a lot of immature seed. I like to wait until they are falling out of the buds and even after that you need to let them season for a few weeks, before using any long term storage. There was still plenty of smokable bud left when I was done.

I just remembered my profile pic is of that batch of seeds. It was the first time I had ever reversed an auto.

Timing is very critical with autos when reversing a single branch. I have reversed a DP Auto Mazar this way and it was tricky but it worked and I produced a modest 500 seeds with about a 85% germination rate. I normally reverse photos and for that I just use a clone to keep it all on the small size. With the Auto Mazar I just did it during the natural progression of her life which is long for an auto. As soon as the pollen started dropping I took the branch and released some on the buds sites that were closest to the revered branch and captured the rest for crossing later on. I have pushed Mazars over 100 days, which helps when producing seed because if you take it too early you are going to have a lot of immature seed. I like to wait until they are falling out of the buds and even after that you need to let them season for a few weeks, before using any long term storage. There was still plenty of smokable bud left when I was done.

I just remembered my profile pic is of that batch of seeds. It was the first time I had ever reversed an auto.
I would suggest not to smoke any plant which has been reversed with STS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would suggest not to smoke any plant which has been reversed with STS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I don’t use STS, only CS. Plus there are more ways of getting my meds than just smoking them.

Last edited:
Nice job @Prophetiko, if possible, please remember to post some pictures of the turned clone spewing pollen, or the amount of pollen. I am wondering if it will be enough to hit several or more females, or barely enough to hit her mom. I can't tell how big he is, but I reckon about 6" or under. This could be a game changer for me and my plans to make new fem's. Now I just need to decide if CS or STS. Have all the makings for CS generator, but from what I have seen of STS, it almost always work. CS, not so much.
I sprayed this store bought cs 2x a day for about 10 to 14 days. Then sprayed once a day till i cut the branch off.
Pollen galore and seeded branches. Ill find out in jan/feb how theseeds come out.
a2baa1aa0ed78d2c16d4a8dccea15fdf.jpg
155243903609b72aa667fcaf7fa6c0ac.jpg

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

First day of pollen collection on the reversed sodk clone.

Just want to mention that if you haven't reversed a plant before, that a reversed plant doesn't drop pollen the same way that a male does. The sacs don't pop open. You have to kind of pry them open. Or chop and dry it all at once. I collect as its ready.

And just know that the smallest amount of pollen will make more seeds than you can grow. This small amount on the 1st collection, can easily pollinate a few plants, and get a good amount of seeds. The pollen wasn't ready in time to hit the mom with, but that was never the plan. To do that, you'd have to take your clone as early as possible. I think I'm going to store the pollen and order a few sodk to grow out, and hit the best one.
View attachment 972399
I've found out that storing reversed pollen doesnt work as well as regular male pollen. I've tried a few times. Have you had success?

I've found out that storing reversed pollen doesnt work as well as regular male pollen. I've tried a few times. Have you had success?
Funny you ask! I was just thinking about that this past weekend. I haven't had an issue yet, but I considered the possibility. I was thinking that it may be due to having more plant material getting mixed in the pollen. But then I have regular male pollen stored with the sacs in the bottle, and it stores fine. I'm going to start monitoring ita little closer. What happens to your reversed pollen, and how long before it goes bad?

Funny you ask! I was just thinking about that this past weekend. I haven't had an issue yet, but I considered the possibility. I was thinking that it may be due to having more plant material getting mixed in the pollen. But then I have regular male pollen stored with the sacs in the bottle, and it stores fine. I'm going to start monitoring ita little closer. What happens to your reversed pollen, and how long before it goes bad?
I've tried it several times now about a month old and no beaners.

Back