Outdoor Amnesia7 Greenhouse grow

Is that guttation I see going on at the moment? I recall it well from my ugly grow outside last summer. :frowny: Do you have any way of keeping RH down later?
I do have guttation! Thanks for the word @Olderfart. RH should be much improved in July when girls are flowering. As you are aware, once senescence begins in mid flower, condensate on plants is a saprophyte's invite to dinner!

This is the largest grow I've seen on this site, can't wait to see them all in flower. I would be overwhelmed with the size of it all. My grow space would barely fit one of those pots & I have trouble with it.

Not sure what guttation is, so not sure if I have it. No apparent fungal issues at the moment, just slow growth from low light, cool conditions. I have no real control over RH in this house, all I can do is move air with my power allotment. Outdoor plants are under sustained slug attack at the moment, but not crossing crushed rock to get in greenhouse. I need copper perimeters on my outdoor beds to zap the slimy bastards. Next season... Junuary never a great month here in coastal BC.
Guttation, I learned the hard way last summer, is when water intake at the roots exceeds transpiration capacity, and you get droplets forming on the edges of the leaves. Means that things are too bloody humid, and that, in my case at least, mould was in the offing. I lost about 1/3 of my bud to mold because humidity was too high, and there was nothing I could do about it. The grow was roofed and closed on the back side, but it was still too humid during flowering. You should do better with the fans and more open space. My little grow space had no electricity available, so it was a crap shoot that I lost somewhat due to crap weather. The other thing you have going for you is that your plants should come into flower during the peak of summer, so maybe you will get lucky with RH at the time. Mine were still not ready until September, by which time the weather here can get cool and wet.

Good luck with it. I anticipate dreaming about a walk through that greenhouse when the aroma gets going - this would not be a nightmare, far, far from it. I wonder if a person can dream about wonderful smells. :biggrin:

I do have guttation! Thanks for the word @Olderfart. RH should be much improved in July when girls are flowering. As you are aware, once senescence begins in mid flower, condensate on plants is a saprophyte's invite to dinner!
Beat me to the draw on flowering in July - should work a treat, and the Rh for the first part of the grow is much less of a problem.

Now you have me thinking about what that grow will look and smell like in flower. I am looking forward to the pictures at least. :mrgreen::goodluck:

Lookin good! You should throw some 1000 waters in there and give them light throughout the night as well. Best of both worlds. That’s what I do here at the dream farm, it works wonders. Gets em big and frosty!
I am definitely stoked to follow along with your grow Though it looks amazing!
A331D38B-44E1-4C6F-972E-CEAA2A2E0005.jpeg

Lookin good! You should throw some 1000 waters in there and give them light throughout the night as well. Best of both worlds. That’s what I do here at the dream farm, it works wonders. Gets em big and frosty!
I am definitely stoked to follow along with your grow Though it looks amazing!View attachment 1202058
Looking good Derek! I don't have a power budget to do anything but move air in this greenhouse. The other houses on site have sup lighting, blackout, dehum, heat, cooling etc. This is just a side project to get something out of an otherwise unused space. Although I see enormous potential in commercial auto crops in some circumstances, I usually opt to run photoperiod crops when I have the infrastructure required to control environmental parameters. Thanks for checking out my grow! Finally got some sunshine, and they have doubled in size in the past few days. Will post pics soon. Cheers, Stew

Looking good Derek! I don't have a power budget to do anything but move air in this greenhouse. The other houses on site have sup lighting, blackout, dehum, heat, cooling etc. This is just a side project to get something out of an otherwise unused space. Although I see enormous potential in commercial auto crops in some circumstances, I usually opt to run photoperiod crops when I have the infrastructure required to control environmental parameters. Thanks for checking out my grow! Finally got some sunshine, and they have doubled in size in the past few days. Will post pics soon. Cheers, Stew
Sweet yeah I am really interested to see what you pull outta this space with no sup lighting. It will kinda let me me know what I am adding to my yield by havin that extra light.

Well, we finally got a bit of sun. The weather is trending in the right direction as the girls enter stretch.

There has been at least a doubling of biomass in the past 7 days. Plants are well established and I have culled the losers with zero shits given.

I always over sow and thin as required. Pots with 1 great plant are relocated to center of canopy to ease crowding.

I am watering about every 4 days now. I am filling saucers only and not top watering now that roots are well established. Once I feed and mulch (assuming I have my shit together) I will water tops as well as filling saucers.

This system works best if the saucer water volume is at least 15% of pot soil volume to ensure complete hydration at each irrigation.

I don't worry much, but the next few weeks will be slightly fraught, as intersex plants will start to show, and need to be identified and culled before they release pollen. I have run a few thousand plants of this cultivar, and it exhibits stable dioecity, but I always find a few plants per thousand are unisex (hermie) whenever I am running from seed.

I hope you guys like my grow. I am doing my best with limited resources. I started in a closet, a couple of decades ago, and the passion only grows. Much love, Stew

autos stretch.jpg
autos .jpg

Well, we finally got a bit of sun. The weather is trending in the right direction as the girls enter stretch.

There has been at least a doubling of biomass in the past 7 days. Plants are well established and I have culled the losers with zero shits given.

I always over sow and thin as required. Pots with 1 great plant are relocated to center of canopy to ease crowding.

I am watering about every 4 days now. I am filling saucers only and not top watering now that roots are well established. Once I feed and mulch (assuming I have my shit together) I will water tops as well as filling saucers.

This system works best if the saucer water volume is at least 15% of pot soil volume to ensure complete hydration at each irrigation.

I don't worry much, but the next few weeks will be slightly fraught, as intersex plants will start to show, and need to be identified and culled before they release pollen. I have run a few thousand plants of this cultivar, and it exhibits stable dioecity, but I always find a few plants per thousand are unisex (hermie) whenever I am running from seed.

I hope you guys like my grow. I am doing my best with limited resources. I started in a closet, a couple of decades ago, and the passion only grows. Much love, Stew

View attachment 1204255View attachment 1204256
Lookin great. Man I am not jealous of havin to look for hermies. Ugggh that has to be daunting af

Back