New Grower My first grow, an autoflower story - Presenting Pakistan Ryder.

Hey hey hey!

I am so excited to be able to announce that I have officially "ditched the dealer" and got high from my own supply!

/Drumroll please...

IMG_20151019_225826.jpg

My first nugs!

Last Friday I decided to cut a sample branch to see how things looked after reading a number of people advise testing your buds a few times prior to harvest to see where they are in terms of potency/effect, so I cut a bud from the outer edge, trimmed and put it in a brown bag to start drying.

I managed to hold off doing anything else until Monday evening when I got a little impatient, and moved the 3 little nugs pictured above into a smaller brown envelope, and left it over a warm radiator for a few hours to dry some more. I kept turning them about every 30 minutes and once they felt dry enough to grind I popped some into my vape and I unashamedly got nice and high!

She tasted really nice I'd say, and the high was really clean and mellow, lasting about 2 hours before I fancied any more, no major couchlock or anything so I think she might still be very early and can develop some more but I was very happily stoned for a good few hours! Very very happy with the results so far!
:pass:

Following on from my test I figured I can harvest in stages, as I said, I really enjoyed the quality of the smoke now, so decided to cut and trim 2 more branches today, and see how we go from there :D

Here is how she looked when I opened the tent today, with the nice crystally cola which I'll be cutting last, but looking really great:
IMG_20151021_110506.jpg IMG_20151021_110512.jpg

And here's one of the buds I cut, before and after trimming:
IMG_20151021_110741.jpg IMG_20151021_111515.jpg

And finally the products, one brown bag of buds, starting a nice long drying process, and my girl looking a bit smaller than when she woke up:
IMG_20151021_115311.jpg IMG_20151021_115949.jpg

Peace out to all you lovely people!

how's she smoking now ?

Very nice if I do say so myself! A very nice gentle stone I'd say... A nice relaxing high, and lasts a good few hours. My one gripe is that she's not much of a session bud, because after a while I feel pretty level and smoking more doesn't seem to do much. That could be because I'm still on the very first test bud I cut, or just a characteristic of a pure Indica, but for sure, not ideal for wake and bake all day sessions xD

I know I've been slack posting the finale to this journal, but I promise I'll get to it soon!

interesting grow report - I'm particularly interested in the first 4 /5 weeks under lights here to try and boost yield from my outdoor grows (I just can't finish plants indoors without risking the wrath of the wife - even with carbon filters). I have (I think) 3 Pakistan Ryder beans to grow on next year so will be interesting to compare results.

Job well done sir :weed:

How did she react too harvesting in stages rather than all at the same time?

Back