Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

Bit late to the party, no updates! Like sang said, you can top up but, best practise, drain and refill. You cant tell what makes up the solution in the res, the ec will only tell you how concentrated it is. If your plants are hungry for certain nutes, constant topping up will allow that nute to deplete whilst others build up resulting in lockout.
So how do you deal with it when the plants get their roots down into the res? Just drain as much as you can, or tilt it, or take the plants off and risk damaging the roots?

So how do you deal with it when the plants get their roots down into the res? Just drain as much as you can, or tilt it, or take the plants off and risk damaging the roots?
I think I had the same size as you elle I used to use one of these to drain mine
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360809378574
I'm sure you can get them cheaper [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I syphon mine. It's a short downward journey to the bathroom.

If you're using the wilma pump to empty it, the little bit left can just be diluted by the nute solution.

This is only whilst they are vegging, in bloom you'll be topping up the res every 2 or 3 days, then you can get away with topping it up a couple or so times and then dump the res once a week or so. It's a bit of a pain, but it's better than trying to work out a deficiency and dosing to recover. You can chuck the contents of the res over your garden (dilute it first).

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Just open the little red cap in the Wilma put one end in the Wilma the other in a bucket and pump [emoji106]
Think I can manage that!

I syphon mine. It's a short downward journey to the bathroom.

If you're using the wilma pump to empty it, the little bit left can just be diluted by the nute solution.

This is only whilst they are vegging, in bloom you'll be topping up the res every 2 or 3 days, then you can get away with topping it up a couple or so times and then dump the res once a week or so. It's a bit of a pain, but it's better than trying to work out a deficiency and dosing to recover. You can chuck the contents of the res over your garden (dilute it first).
OK noted.

Thanks dudes! :thumbsup:

Back