Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

Calibrate your meter. Ph scale is not linear is logarithmic. You cant say it's .2 out at ph7 and expect it to be .2 out at 5.8.

It's a pain in the arse. I've had 6 quid meters that have never gone out and silly priced ones that I've picked up at work that are always drifting out.

Calibrate it and store it in some distilled water. Keep a chemical test kit for just in case.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That's good advice. I do calibrate it nearly every time I use it, but I don't store in water. I rinse it, and keep it on a shelf with the cover on. won't take much to change that, thanks.

Calibrate your meter. Ph scale is not linear is logarithmic. You cant say it's .2 out at ph7 and expect it to be .2 out at 5.8.

It's a pain in the arse. I've had 6 quid meters that have never gone out and silly priced ones that I've picked up at work that are always drifting out.

Calibrate it and store it in some distilled water. Keep a chemical test kit for just in case.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I use the pH 7 and the pH 4 calibration fluid it's never been off so far though I still test it regularly [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I use the pH 7 and the pH 4 calibration fluid it's never been off so far though I still test it regularly [emoji106]

I do the same, the issue is that mine push button calibrates to 6.8 in a 7 solution every time. Sometimes calibrating with the 4 solution helps even that out to a 6.9 when put back in 7 solution. I really wish there was a less costly hydro meter that works as well as the soil meters.

I'm looking at this one

Hanna Combo pH/EC/TDS/C/PPM Tester HI98129

Never used one of them I've got a blue lab first one I got wouldn't calibrate the second hasn't skipped a beat I've even taken it to work and had the chemists check it out for me must be nearly 2 and a half years old now and I don't store mine just make sure the sponge in the cap is always wet [emoji106] (against recommended instructions)
b37fafb12ab4b5dd562f9ebd37ed3ddb.jpg

Good advice that, @Itisi , cheers!

Small update, as I've been playing with things today. I cut most of the Chocolate Cream down and have taken 3 clones off her into jiffy pellets. Somehow a 2Fast2Vast seedling had crept into my tent under a wilma dripper... don't know how that happened! :shrug::smoking:I decided that she's not staying on it though as she's too young and the res will need to be stronger for GSC and Grape Stomper when it's topped up. So she's been decanted VERY carefully into a 6 litre pot of "special" compost and perlite mixed.

More about the special compost another time, as my newly sprouted Dinafem Critical 2.0 will be going into it.

The plan is to transfer young autos to the small tent, and rooted clones, and gradually phase the big tent to photos and 12/12 for better and easier res control.

It's taken me ages to reach this decision, I've been mulling it over pretty much all weekend!

I have space in the loft, but no easy way of getting water up there - no fixed ladder and it's a bit awkward to get into using two hands anyway. I've suggested we take the built-in cupboard out of our room because it's musty and a bit damp there, and I'll have another tent in the corner... but hubby hasn't agreed to that yet LOL.

Good advice that, @Itisi , cheers!

Small update, as I've been playing with things today. I cut most of the Chocolate Cream down and have taken 3 clones off her into jiffy pellets. Somehow a 2Fast2Vast seedling had crept into my tent under a wilma dripper... don't know how that happened! :shrug::smoking:I decided that she's not staying on it though as she's too young and the res will need to be stronger for GSC and Grape Stomper when it's topped up. So she's been decanted VERY carefully into a 6 litre pot of "special" compost and perlite mixed.

More about the special compost another time, as my newly sprouted Dinafem Critical 2.0 will be going into it.

The plan is to transfer young autos to the small tent, and rooted clones, and gradually phase the big tent to photos and 12/12 for better and easier res control.

It's taken me ages to reach this decision, I've been mulling it over pretty much all weekend!

Good plan. Clones in a shared res.. [emoji1360][emoji851]

Back