I grow in my garage and it will be very cold in there soon. I will play around with a few things.
you can wrap it or put one of the fish tank heaters in.. ;) I'm in garage also and it will get very cold, but no-way I'd keep in tent even more so in the back will make res changes very hard once ya have large plants.

in my 12 mths using them i had mine out the tent and the res on a small set of drawers to keep it quite high above the pots in a 4x4 tent it would be insane having it inside and filling it up ect . i read the ideal temp was 65f to 75f if it gets colder than that in the res you may have problems i keep mine around 70f with no heater ect but mines in a back room
20181105_223455.jpg

Last edited:
in my 12 mths using them i had mine out the tent and the res on a small set of drawers to keep it quite high above the pots in a 4x4 tent it would be insane having it inside and filling it up ect . i read the ideal temp was 65f to 75f if it gets colder than that in the res you may have problems i keep mine around 70f with no heater ect but mines in a back room
I'm sure mine is colder then that, since water comes out of the tap at 49.6degree's I don't leave mine to sit I fill jugs and into res....I'm sure the water warms up slightly but being in 60degree garage it can't really go over that maybe mid 60's at highest..but once the solution flows from res to trays I'm sure it warms up an easy 10+degrees, thats why I not worry about tank temp I rather that on colder side..warm will make bacteria

I'm sure mine is colder then that, since water comes out of the tap at 49.6degree's I don't leave mine to sit I fill jugs and into res....I'm sure the water warms up slightly but being in 60degree garage it can't really go over that maybe mid 60's at highest..but once the solution flows from res to trays I'm sure it warms up an easy 10+degrees, thats why I not worry about tank temp I rather that on colder side..warm will make bacteria
i think are your right as in the trays with lights ect i think you may be good i have had superb results with them such a simple idea

Back