Indoor 420Fastbuds Original Skunk Auto, Dinafem Auto Cheese XXL, Zambeza Blueberry with new lights

Damn! Beast does not beat around the bush.

Indeed I think there is something wrong
Common Causes Of Hermies
1. Genetic defect or a natural genetic trait.

Some cannabis strains tend to go hermaphroditic as a result of their natural genetic inheritance. Other strains that become hermaphrodite are victim of breeding errors that introduced hermie tendencies into the strain.

2. Unnatural types of seed manipulation can create hermaphrodite tendencies.

The majority of the strains I’ve seen go hermie are from feminized seeds. The process of creating seeds that don’t follow nature’s normal pathway to grow out as male or female can create hermaphroditism in some cases. I’ve also seen this with autoflowering marijuana, not just photoperiod varieties.

3. Some buds go hermie in late bloom phase.

These plants have been waiting a long time for pollen and have not gotten any, so they decide to create male flowers themselves to make their own pollen. This is a great reason to pay close attention to harvest timing of your cannabis, so you don’t allow overripe buds on your plants. If you let your bloom-phase plants live too long, the buds may start to go hermie.

4. Stressed plants.

Cannabis plants crave an ideal set of environmental and nutritional conditions. If your grow op takes them out of their comfort zone during bloom phase, they might go hermie.

Plant stress comes in many forms. If your grow room is too hot or too cold, that will stress your crop. If your light cycles are unreliable in their start and stop times, or if there are light leaks or other light penetration interruptions during the night period, that’s also a stresser. If your plants are too close to lights or too far away, or if the lights are too intense, not intense enough, or are delivering a radiation spectrum not useful for cannabis, it can induce stress.

If you overfeed or underfeed, overwater or underwater, that too is stress for your crop. If you use inferior hydroponics nutrients, and/or if the nutrients solution or root zone is at the wrong pH, that hurts plants and may provoke a hermaphrodite marijuana situation. If your plants are rootbound, suffering from root rot, or your grow media isn’t aerated enough, that too causes stress.

Plant stress also occurs when growers use inferior bloom boosters that have the wrong amounts, types and ratios of phosphorus and potassium.

If you trim your plants too much, too often, or at the wrong time near or in bloom phase, these actions may trigger hermie marijuana. If your plants are attacked by pests and/or diseases, this too is a stressor that can trigger hermie flowers.

Hermies are much more likely to develop from seed-grown cannabis, but I’ve seen hermies from clones, even when the clone mother never displayed hermaphroditic tendencies.

Anything that means less than perfect conditions or actionable harm for your plants creates stress, and that stress can lead to hermaphroditism, especially if the plants already have a genetic propensity to go hermie.
Happy growing every1;)

Maybe hermie the wrong term.but defo a genetic fuck up will ,not bud as normal.speaking from.own experiences .just trying to help a grower.happy growing every1;)
The term you are looking for is Phenotype. Cannabis breeders grow and cross many generations to get a strain to be more homogeneous genotype. Some recessive traits will occasionally become dominant in a plant even after careful breeding. This is an example of one such trait and I siuspect it is just some strong sativa genetics.

The phenotype of a plant is a term used to describe observable characteristics, such as height, biomass, leaf shape and so on.
We use the term phenotype in a more specific context to describe the collective expression of the genotype in conjunction with the environment on a plant's observable characteristics.
Plants of the same genotype interacting with the environment may manifest as different phenotypes. However, plants may have the same phenotype but different genotypes.
This may occur in situations were:
  • a gene or genes display incomplete dominance (for example, if a plant is heterozygous for a gene and as a result its phenotype is intermediate to the two homozygous classes), the gene is said to be completely dominant if, for example, a lethal mutation that causes all plants in a population that have the mutation to die;
  • if a gene or genes associated with a phenotype are altered by the presence of modifiers, suppressors or other regulators produced by other genes (epistasis, epistatic interaction) such that the phenotype is altered;
  • if a certain combination of environmental conditions affects the relative expression of a gene or genes; or a combination of these factors that affects the relative expressivity of a gene of genes thus altering the degree to which the genotype manifests a phenotype.

We use different well defined phenotype measurements for specific traits (or defined characteristic, for example, seed germination rate) to quantify difference between individuals in a structured population.
Using replicated trials we can estimate the phenotypic variance for individuals in a population and partition this into the genetic and environmental variance components. This then allows us to gauge how well particular genotypes (individuals in the population) perform for a defined trait when grown in that environment. It is therefore possible and very desirable to gain an understanding of how well individuals perform for a particular trait in different growth environments.

The thing is as @autobeast pointed out earlier he has seen this before and just mislabeled it. I hope my buds fill out as much as his did.

Growing seeds is like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get :woohoo1:

:vibe:

I still have hope!

I would too!

Don't cull this girl.
She's special.
We just don't know what kind of special...

Is the internodal length shortening at all?
Is she filling in the space at all?

I would too!

Don't cull this girl.
She's special.
We just don't know what kind of special...

Is the internodal length shortening at all?
Is she filling in the space at all?
Well sorta. It is strange looking for sure.

_DSC1601.JPG

Back