New Grower 3 FastBuds strains in SS-W Super Soil under 960W of LM301B

ocg

Reaction score
I'm almost ready to plunk some FastBuds seeds for my first auto grow - second grow ever. I started a separate thread about this grow when I first joined, but a lot has changed since then (including medium) so I thought it would make more sense to just create a new post.

My first (photo) grow is a few weeks into flower and I went with a DWC setup so this will be the first time I grow an auto, use LED lighting or try organic super soil. Should be fun, and I fully expect some hiccups along the way!

Please feel free to follow along. Everyone is welcome!

Genetics:
  1. Blackberry OG by FastBuds (4)
  2. Blue Dream'Matic by FastBuds (2)
  3. Grapefruit by FastBuds (2)
0bd1b1aab5559f0704499d4ba27c8656.jpg

Grow Space:

Mars Hydro 8x4x6.5 1680D grow tent

Lighting:
240W QB288 V2 LM301B 3500K w/ triple heat sink and HLG-240H-C2100A (4)

Medium:
SS-W Super Soil by @stepwell_soil

Containers:
To be determined (leaning towards 3-5 gallon smart pots)

Ventilation:

VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fan with Variable Speed Controller
6 inch carbon filter
16-inch oscillating fan
10-inch clip-on fan

Probably forgetting some odds and ends. Let me know if you have specific questions or see any gaps in my knowledge or setup!

Last edited:
Blackberrys seem to be very temperamental.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be running a few batches of blackberry and hoping to get it just right over time.

Any lessons learned you would be willing to share?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I will be running a few batches of these and hoping to get it just right over time.

Any lessons learned you would be willing to share?

Watch your PH, and how much water, they don’t seem to like as much water as my Rhino Ryder do

Watch your PH, and how much water, they don’t seem to like as much water as my Rhino Ryder do
[emoji106] good to know

I'm hoping super soil ph will be fine if I just use chlorine free tap water. Trying to KIS in comparison to my DWC setup.

How often do you check?

[emoji106] good to know

I'm hoping super soil ph will be fine if I just use chlorine free tap water. Trying to KIS in comparison to my DWC setup.

How often do you check?

I don’t check my ph anymore. I stopped after I made my 3 first BB sick. Now I just water with rain water. Living soil I use says no need to ph the water. They’ve since pulled most the way out of it and are starting to flower, at 9” tall [emoji17]

Reactions: ocg
Gonna be an awesome grow ocg! You had me at Blackberry! And I’ve got to hand it to you on the tent — :thumbsup: — she was at the top of my list, I kick myself for not choosing it, if I’d had another $50 kicking around I would have got that tent. As you know, gorilla quality. How do you like it?

You say DWC then you say smart pot/organic. Ah, I reread, you are switching to organic soil, awesome! Bravery! :bow: I will switch from DWC to organic soil one day as well.

This is a new one, she sprouted on the 11th I will be topping her, and LST just waiting for that next node to pop.

IMG_0635.jpg

Back