New Grower Thursday's First Grow - Sour Stomper & Forum Stomper under LED QBs with chile pepper friends!

Wow! thanks for such a detailed post @RivetGrrl !! I'll check out your previous posts/threads, but feel free to share any tips here as well. Right now I just have two chilies in the LPA tote, so I'm not super concered as I have two more chilies in the tent with my photos and autos, but it would be good to know how to keep the tote healthy regardless.

I just watered the photos with full strength MaxiGro + CaliMagic, so hopefully that will sort things out, but if @Waira or anyone else sees anything strange going on please do let me know.

I ended up giving both my photos a serious trim as well since they were getting pretty bushy. I followed the 'quadlining' technique described on the 420mag forums, which basically consists of trimming off the first and second nodes and topping after the 4th or 5th. They're both looking a bit happier to not be some croweded.

Hope I didn't ramble on too much, I can talk about growing allllll daaaayyyyy.

Just checked out your pythium post @RivetGrrl . That Myco-Grow looks like it might be what I need, but damn is it expensive. My tank is small though so it's been running at 73-75F, and that's just sitting in my larger room, not actually in the tent (where the ambient temp is higher). I'm planning to build a bigger tote now that I know that this one works well (other than the temperature), so hopefully that will help to keep the temperature down. My only concern (other than the $$) is whether it will clog up my LPA sprayers. What do you think?

I was using an aeroponics set-up in a tote before, and I found the damn sprayers clogged up with anything other than just mineral nutrients. I retired it but have been thinking about trying it again, but it seemed I had to always swap out the sprayers and clean the old ones quite often. No the same system as your's tho, they were more like mini sprinkler heads. But I imagine could be the same issues with clogging.
The Myco is expensive, but the amount used in the tea recipe is pretty small so it goes a long way. I have *heard* that pythium is much harder to take hold in aeroponics but that would need to be researched more. Any other set-up the tea would be great, and whether or not it would clog for sure or not I honestly don't know, sorry! (Until I get the other res set up, if I do, and try it in there).
You can also use a product similar to Hydroguard such as Future Harvest's Plantacillin, or AN Sensizyme or pretty much any enzyme and it would be good stand alone in the aero unit.
Just keep an eye on your roots and if you start to see problems you can nip it in the bud quick :thumbsup:
It looks like you're pretty handy and got a good grasp of things, I'm sure you will do fine :pass:

Back