New Grower Thursday's First Grow - Sour Stomper & Forum Stomper under LED QBs with chile pepper friends!

Just an update: I’m starting to get a bit antsy because the two seeds I planted have still not sprouted (this evening will mark 5 days since they were planted). I may have been lucky in the past, but I’ve often had photo seeds sprout in 1-2 days. Other plants, like peppers, can take 1-2 weeks at times, but in my (admittedly limited) experience cannabis has always been a fast sprouter.

Time to practice some patience.

Subbed. Just wrapping up my first indoor grow running 288.2 v2's with the LM301B diodes - similar to you, ran ~50% at 30" seedling through veg and inched down to ~12" @ ~220w.

Incredibly compact nodal structure and flower density. 1 of 4 remaining and already topping 1gr/w with my largest/heaviest still a few weeks out from harvest.

Finally seeing some action in my tent! One one of the two seeds I planted sprouted on Monday (at ~2 weeks), and it’s growing fast now. I’m still hopeful the second seed will catch up, but we’ll see.

Anyway, here is a pic of the new sprout, and a couple of bonus chili pepper pics.

Last edited:
Subbed for the grow. What kind of temps and humidity are you maintaining in the tent?

So far, with a 4” inline fan running, the tent stays around 25-35% humidity and 72-80F. Right now I only have my QBs running at ~125w, so around half strength. While it does noticeably impact the temperature in the tent, it hasn’t gotten too hot, so I only have to run my exhaust fan at the minimum setting, which helps to keep the humidity a bit higher that it would be otherwise. With the exhaust fan off I’ve gotten RH as high as 80% but the temperature can jump into the upper-80s, so I’ve been trying to find a happy medium between temperature and humidity. Cheers!

Along for the ride, how are they doing?

Hey folks! Here's an update from day 10 of my Sour Stomper grow. My first seedling has blown up and seems to be thriving, however, there are still no signs of life from the second seed, so I'm beginning to fear the worst. My chili peppers are also doing great and seem happy in the tent. It's still fairly cool here, so I'm having no trouble maintaining decent temperatures with a much more stable RH than I was previously dealing with (generally 32-79% RH and 70-80F temperature).

I realize now that I never mentioned it, but while I was waiting for my @mephisto seeds to arrive, I ended up planting two photo seeds I received for free (M39 x Granddaddy Purp) in order to try out the system and see how they responded to the QBs, etc. Well, I can now say that they've been LOVING it in there. I'm only feeding them GH MaxiGro since I'm saving the good stuff (Mega Crop) for my auto(s), but to date, they've been growing like crazy. I'm not really sure what I'll end up doing with them since I don't really want to drop my light cycle to 12x12 to get them to flower, but either way, it's been fun to watch them grow. I did notice yesterday what appears to be signs of a nutrient deficiency though, so I was hoping you all might be able to let me know what you think it is. So far I'm leaning towards magnesium, but (obviously) I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I thought I would share a bunch of photos with you to show you how things are looking. First off are a couple of pics of my tent and general setup:

Here is a pic of the thriving (!) Sour Stomper seedling:

My freebie "trial" plants:

A couple of close-up pics of the leaves that are showing signs of a deficiency:

Don't want to leave out my chili peppers!

And, here are some pictures of the low pressure aeroponic tote I built. There isn't room for it in my tent at the moment, so I just have it out in the room next to my Aerogarden. Despite the low light levels the chilis in the tote look pretty happy! The reservoir temp is sticking around 72F for now, and (so far) I haven't had any problems with root rot or anything, but let's see how it goes once the weather warms up a bit.

Last edited:
Also, just for fun, my first time-lapse attempt:

I need to figure out a way to mount the RPi camera at a better angle, but it doesn't seem like anyone sells cases with GoPro mounts on them, so trying to find other options.

Back