Mephisto Genetics 3 Bears OG Top Feed Recirculating Hydro Journal

Right now I have some space around the tent but that's until we put furniture in it later this year and turn it into a guest room. I'll be stuck in a small closet later and I selected my tent to fit in there.

I don't mind the extra effort to try and fit stuff, and hydro is all I know lol. No interest in soil and the potential pests it might bring.

I have been watching a couple photo journals on another site where a guy is scrogging large sativas in a 2x2 with even less height than I have in hydro.

It might seem like a pain, but for me it's fun to try and cram them in there :D Plus I legit only use a gram a week between the wife and I, we just like to have variety.
Whatever floats boat! Honestly it would be easier with photo clones. You can do it with clones, but from seed it would be much harder. Veg a clone for a week and flip. Dont allow for a ton of veg growth. But you are going to have a struggle with most Autos in that 2X2 doing hydro. They veg longer and flower longer in Hydro, that is why Clones woud work best in a small space. Flip before they get large. Peace, slow

56 days since sprout.

Checked the wattage today using a meter and my light is dimmed to pull 70 watts right now. Not a lot of watts for a 2x2... She seems happy with it, maybe it's because the light runs 20 hours a day.

She suddenly STINKS like a skunk and a dumpster. Skunkster.

At least I know my carbon filter is working. No smell until you open the tent and then OOF... She gets ya...

Very happy with Dynagro nutes so far. More pH stable than cyco or GH and plant looks real healthy.

Running base (Foliage Pro and Bloom) plus Mag Pro and Protekt.

Good luck in your gardens!

IMG_20191222_171133903-1228x1637.jpg
IMG_20191222_171139885-1228x1637.jpg
IMG_20191222_171216779-1228x1637.jpg
IMG_20191222_171203159-1228x1637.jpg
IMG_20191222_171301446_HDR-1228x1637.jpg
IMG_20191222_171440738-1228x1637.jpg

56 days since sprout.

Checked the wattage today using a meter and my light is dimmed to pull 70 watts right now. Not a lot of watts for a 2x2... She seems happy with it, maybe it's because the light runs 20 hours a day.

She suddenly STINKS like a skunk and a dumpster. Skunkster.

At least I know my carbon filter is working. No smell until you open the tent and then OOF... She gets ya...

Very happy with Dynagro nutes so far. More pH stable than cyco or GH and plant looks real healthy.

Running base (Foliage Pro and Bloom) plus Mag Pro and Protekt.

Good luck in your gardens!

View attachment 1141569View attachment 1141570View attachment 1141571View attachment 1141572View attachment 1141573View attachment 1141574
Healthy plant and you're doing a great job. I am starting a 3bog on in the early new year. Thanks for posting your grow. :bravo:

Very frosty and looking great :smoking:

nice plant

Day 62 from sprout. Leaves a little burnt possibly from over feed, high rez temps a couple days ago, or lighting too intense (or all the above). Everything resolved now, should be ok.

IMG_20191228_210855550_HDR-2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20191228_210905597_HDR-2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20191228_211011809_HDR-2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20191228_211027828-2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20191228_211301196_HDR-1536x2048.jpg

Did rez change and cut out foliage pro. Just using bloom 1 part nutrient with mag pro and pro tekt. EC a bit lower now, much less N.

Also she has a nice artificial lime smell. Really stinky skunk, lime is more subtle but still very vivid.

Day 62 from sprout. Leaves a little burnt possibly from over feed, high rez temps a couple days ago, or lighting too intense (or all the above). Everything resolved now, should be ok.

View attachment 1143539View attachment 1143540View attachment 1143541View attachment 1143542View attachment 1143543

Did rez change and cut out foliage pro. Just using bloom 1 part nutrient with mag pro and pro tekt. EC a bit lower now, much less N.

Also she has a nice artificial lime smell. Really stinky skunk, lime is more subtle but still very vivid.
I run a lot of Cobs, of you get them closer than they prefer...they will tell you. I would say they were too close by looking at the upward cupping of some of the leaves. But it also looks like you may have overfed a little. Nothing drastic, it is doing well. If you see signs of light stress, either move the lights up more or turn down if you have the ability to. Good luck, how long do you anticipate she will go? Nice work in the tigjt tent, keep it up! Peace slow

I've been experimenting with some simplifying hydro things that you might want to consider in the future.
1. Larger, multi-plant reservoirs. pH and ppm are more stable.
2. Top feed using air-lift instead of submerged water pumps that can heat reservoirs. General Hydroponics uses this style in some of their equipment, and sells a "Farm Kit" for DIYers.
3. Air Stone plus air-lift top feed keeps reservoirs both well aerated and well mixed.
4. Less frequent reservoir changes. I haven't changed mine out completely even once, the last 3 grows, and am at the 10 week mark on this one. I do remove 1 gallon per day out of a total of 30 gallons as a slight concession to elemental build-up worries that I've seen no evidence of.
5. Daily clorox as a root rot preventative, 2 drops per gallon per day.
6. External storage reservoir with float valve that keeps a constant grow vessel level via gravity-feed. The GH WaterFarm8 controller works well.

My opinion is that if dirt growers can get away without changing their dirt mid-grow, hydro growers can do the same.
Dirt grower runoff can't effectively prevent elemental buildup.

External storage reservoir plus never changing reservoirs makes hydro very easy, and saves a lot of money on fertilizer.

I run a lot of Cobs, of you get them closer than they prefer...they will tell you. I would say they were too close by looking at the upward cupping of some of the leaves. But it also looks like you may have overfed a little. Nothing drastic, it is doing well. If you see signs of light stress, either move the lights up more or turn down if you have the ability to. Good luck, how long do you anticipate she will go? Nice work in the tigjt tent, keep it up! Peace slow

Yep, I've been using the dimmer to increase the light to try and find the max... And I found it lol... Dimmed it down again.

I think she probably has 4 weeks to go, but I'm not sure.

I've been experimenting with some simplifying hydro things that you might want to consider in the future.
1. Larger, multi-plant reservoirs. pH and ppm are more stable.
2. Top feed using air-lift instead of submerged water pumps that can heat reservoirs. General Hydroponics uses this style in some of their equipment, and sells a "Farm Kit" for DIYers.
3. Air Stone plus air-lift top feed keeps reservoirs both well aerated and well mixed.
4. Less frequent reservoir changes. I haven't changed mine out completely even once, the last 3 grows, and am at the 10 week mark on this one. I do remove 1 gallon per day out of a total of 30 gallons as a slight concession to elemental build-up worries that I've seen no evidence of.
5. Daily clorox as a root rot preventative, 2 drops per gallon per day.
6. External storage reservoir with float valve that keeps a constant grow vessel level via gravity-feed. The GH WaterFarm8 controller works well.

My opinion is that if dirt growers can get away without changing their dirt mid-grow, hydro growers can do the same.
Dirt grower runoff can't effectively prevent elemental buildup.

External storage reservoir plus never changing reservoirs makes hydro very easy, and saves a lot of money on fertilizer.

Hey man, thanks for the tips!

I actually had messaged you once a while ago about how you were using Clorox. I'll probably give that a try at some point. Right now I still have a bottle of Zone I use in my flood and drain setup to keep the algae out.

I remember you were using 1 drop per gallon per day, but I'll keep 2 per gallon per day in mind. I think 2 per gallon per day is 1ml per 10 gallons per day because there are about 20 drops in a ml.

The guy who taught me top feed recommend an air lift also. I found a really good water pump that only pulls like 5 watts and it doesn't run often do I use it out of simplicity.

If I had the space to experiment with external topping up for sure. I'm trying to prepare my setup for when I have to move my tents into a small walk in closet where I will only be able to use some of the space.

I have let my rezs go long periods without changing them and have had some mixed results. The pH definitely gets way more stable, but I've seen deficiencies popup. It might work better or worse depending on what nutrients you use, I'm not sure... I'll definitely experiment with it more as time goes on.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Back