Mephisto Genetics 3 Bears OG Top Feed Recirculating Hydro Journal

70 days since sprout. Some light stress and minor nutrient burn have scarred her pretty face... She is doing ok.

Have had to drill through the drain a few times. Clogging and some minor flooding, but draining ok for now.

IMG_20200104_142538188-1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20200104_142624289-1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20200104_142737446_HDR-1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20200104_142753700-1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20200104_142819566-1536x2048.jpg

70 days since sprout. Some light stress and minor nutrient burn have scarred her pretty face... She is doing ok.

Have had to drill through the drain a few times. Clogging and some minor flooding, but draining ok for now.

View attachment 1146312View attachment 1146313View attachment 1146314View attachment 1146315View attachment 1146316
It looks like you have a Potassium deficiency going on and is it hot in there? Maybe too much direct wind is causing the tacoing?

It looks like you have a Potassium deficiency going on and is it hot in there? Maybe too much direct wind is causing the tacoing?
I think the light was causing the tacoing. Was upping the watts to find a max and found it... Temps are under 79f all day and night. Usually 73-77f with humidity about 48-54%.

Possible it's the fans also... I'm blowing up through the canopy with two 6 inch fans on low.

You might be right on the potassium def... Not sure. EC is going up in the rez about .1 a day so it makes me think she is overfed but not certain. I've been underfeeding a lot lately...

The orange tips happened same time as the tacoing.

I think the light was causing the tacoing. Was upping the watts to find a max and found it... Temps are under 79f all day and night. Usually 73-77f with humidity about 48-54%.

Possible it's the fans also... I'm blowing up through the canopy with two 6 inch fans on low.

You might be right on the potassium def... Not sure. EC is going up in the rez about .1 a day so it makes me think she is overfed but not certain. I've been underfeeding a lot lately...

The orange tips happened same time as the tacoing.
The orange Teeth are the beginning of the potassium problem that is progressing. The Tacoing is a separate issue.

The orange Teeth are the beginning of the potassium problem that is progressing. The Tacoing is a separate issue.
I noticed that potassium deficiency can also have yellowing in the margins which seems to be the case. Not sure if that's light stress though as it seems to be worse where the light is brighter?

I noticed that potassium deficiency can also have yellowing in the margins which seems to be the case. Not sure if that's light stress though as it seems to be worse where the light is brighter?
I am not a fan of those light cannons. I think more lower power cobs works better. But I think you are blaming lights for other problems. It is a problem when you are adjusting too many new things at once it is hard to tell cause and effect.

Cobs are intense, and are like a spotlight. If you have them too close or too high of power you can get many issues quickly. Many times mimicking deficiencies. I have dozens of cobs and if your lights are too close and you also claim to have over fed, that can totally be the issue. Tacoing can be from heat/light stress. Heavy wind as well. But if you notice more problems in higher intensity areas, that is the issue. You are running more light than you realize in that small.tent. Another reason I suggest a larger tent. Get a 2x4 and save yourself some headace with your lights and cramped space. Also, tsking the ballast out of the tent will reduce your heat inside the tent. Might help? Good luck slow

I am not a fan of those light cannons. I think more lower power cobs works better. But I think you are blaming lights for other problems. It is a problem when you are adjusting too many new things at once it is hard to tell cause and effect.
Cobs are intense, and are like a spotlight. If you have them too close or too high of power you can get many issues quickly. Many times mimicking deficiencies. I have dozens of cobs and if your lights are too close and you also claim to have over fed, that can totally be the issue. Tacoing can be from heat/light stress. Heavy wind as well. But if you notice more problems in higher intensity areas, that is the issue. You are running more light than you realize in that small.tent. Another reason I suggest a larger tent. Get a 2x4 and save yourself some headace with your lights and cramped space. Also, tsking the ballast out of the tent will reduce your heat inside the tent. Might help? Good luck slow

Right now the cobs are pulling 25 watts each for a wopping 50 watts total lol...

That's the max she can take on an 18/6 schedule.

It has taken me 2 grows to find that autos really don't like a lot of light.

Lux above the canopy ranges from 18k to 23k.

The photo run I did with cobs, I had one sativa at 90k because she stretched so much and she was fine. Most other plants were 43k or higher and had no signs of light stress.

So, at least in my experience it appears autos really don't like heavy light intensity.

I've come back to autos a few times but generally I'm not sure I like them. In hydro they don't really finish faster than a photo and you have less control over final size because the plant flowers when it wants.

I'll probably try a couple more autos before going back to photos, but the only real nice thing about them is that I can order from Mephisto and get a well bread F4 in the mail using a CC.

Hydro tends to extend Autos grow time due to root growthand plant size. A properly grown Organic Auronwill finish be for hydro. Good luck, slow
Right now the cobs are pulling 25 watts each for a wopping 50 watts total lol...

That's the max she can take on an 18/6 schedule.

It has taken me 2 grows to find that autos really don't like a lot of light.

Lux above the canopy ranges from 18k to 23k.

The photo run I did with cobs, I had one sativa at 90k because she stretched so much and she was fine. Most other plants were 43k or higher and had no signs of light stress.

So, at least in my experience it appears autos really don't like heavy light intensity.

I've come back to autos a few times but generally I'm not sure I like them. In hydro they don't really finish faster than a photo and you have less control over final size because the plant flowers when it wants.

I'll probably try a couple more autos before going back to photos, but the only real nice thing about them is that I can order from Mephisto and get a well bread F4 in the mail using a CC.
[/QUOT

Just to finish this up, I chopped her at day 90, which was a few weeks ago. She has been curing about a week and a half.

67 grams from 50 watts of light, not the greatest, but she was a bit of an experiment.

Had to use a foot long drill bit to get the drain unclogged a couple times toward the end. Am having better luck with my flood and drain setup using 1 gal hydroton so will probably stick to that. Maybe 1 more grow with rockwool before I settle on a method...

The smoke is pretty indica, mellow but not sedative until you go overboard.

The terps is really where she shines... Lemon gasoline coffee and rotten fruit. She reminds me of a beer I had once that was fermented using wild yeast... Hard to describe, but the smells are similar.

These were taken about day 80. You can see where light burned her pretty good:
1751833_mephisto-genetics-3-bears-og-grow-journal-by-mumenryder-growdiariesmephisto-genetics3-...jpg

1751827_mephisto-genetics-3-bears-og-grow-journal-by-mumenryder-growdiariesmephisto-genetics3-...jpg

1751843_mephisto-genetics-3-bears-og-grow-journal-by-mumenryder-growdiariesmephisto-genetics3-...jpg

Chopped her 10 days later, tried to get a picture outside the tent but she had bird bones... Stems all hollow so she fell over:
IMG_2010_copy_500x750.JPG
IMG_2001_copy_500x333.JPG

Chopped:
IMG_2011_copy_500x333.JPG

Drying:
IMG_2014_copy_500x333.JPG

Filled 4 jars:
IMG_2028_copy_500x333.JPG

Some nugs:
IMG_2032_copy_500x333.JPG

IMG_2029_copy_500x333.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in your gardens!

Back