New Grower 1st Time Grower ILGM Grandaddy Purple Auto in 3gallon fabric

I know you didn’t ask for this advice, but I just wanna throw this out there...this is a feeding schedule that I adapted from an OG grower here on AFN named TaNg. He used a light soil mix by Plagron that’s only available in the UK. But Fox Farms Happy Frog or a ProMix of some sort would work just as well. It goes like this:

Days 1-10: Water only as needed
Days 11-20: 1/2 Strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 21-30: 3/4 Strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 31-40: Full strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 41-45: Full strength nutrient and full strength carbohydrate solution as needed
Days 46-65: Full strength nutrient and full strength carbohydrate and full strength PK booster solution as needed
Days 66-End: Water only as needed

The “as needed” means if the container feels light or the soil is dry, he would give water/solution to the plants. If the pots were still heavy or the soil was still moist, he would just skip watering/feeding that day. By the time he was at roughly Day 21 to 25, he would be feeding his plants every day. He would also vary the amounts he gave his plants as they grew, gradually increasing and decreasing depending on the plants life cycle. His Colorado Cookies and Brooklyn Sunrise grow is pretty detailed in terms of how he did things. Also note that he used Advanced Nutrients and not Greenleaf Nutrients, but I’ve used this schedule with MegaCrop, Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion in soil with similar results.

I just thought that this info might help you realize some plants the size you’re dreaming about. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll see if I can help you out at all. If I don’t know the answer, I can definitely point you in the right direction.

Happy growing!
Thank you for this, i was just winging it and it shows, i will follow something like this in the future for sure and that bud explosion for sure.

I'm gonna give the living soil, super soil, organic, topdress whatever its called haha thing a shot next grow I'm trying to find what works for me so i keep trying to learn different setups and ways to grow my dream plant rather than the 10g cute plants.

here is my next grow in progress day 0, today i planted 8 beans in 3 different types of soil
20210430_095634.jpg

How strong is the smell and is your carbon scrubber getting it all? While growing is legal here, my next door neighbor is a PITA and, given he has a young son, I don't want to be that guy that is making it obvious to the neighborhood that I've got some herb in the house.

Congrats on getting your 1st grow to the finish line! My girls are going under 48 hours of darkness starting this afternoon, and I'll chop them on Sunday.
TY! No smell at all until i open my tent to water or whatever, the filter does its job. In my 4x4 i just mixed new soil and it smells like catfish stink bait or some fish shit, the filter in that tent hides 100% of that smell too. We smoke bud in the house and i can't smell it outside even if i tried, if i opened a window that is a different story tho. I would say you will be fine and you are in a legal state (jealous)

I don't want to spend anymore money (yet) but thank you guys for the suggestions on microscope stuff

Now comes the critical time in your grow. You need to take a deep breath and tell yourself. I MUST BE PATIENT! You've been tending to these plants now for 2 months right? Let them go until they are perfectly ready to be harvested, don't rush it and miss the bud swelling and trichrome stacking that happens the last couple weeks prior to harvest. And steel yourself for the leaves to start dying as they give their stored nutrients and sugars to the buds. Your girls are going to start to look less then pretty but the end result will make it all worth it.

Day 60
Missed day 59 because i guess i needed 12 hours of sleep but we didn't miss much, the trichomes on the smallest plant are more amber on the leaves today and the amount on the buds like 2-3 haha.

I did not water today but i might later today if they get lighter, the pots felt like they still had some water in them when lights came on.

20210504_065858.jpg
20210504_065909.jpg
20210504_065916.jpg
20210504_065923.jpg
20210504_065930.jpg

Pretty much every cannabis plant I have ever grown slows down it's water uptake as it gets closer to the end of it's growing cycle. They're looking great!

Pretty much every cannabis plant I have ever grown slows down it's water uptake as it gets closer to the end of it's growing cycle. They're looking great!
Thanks, that would explain why they are still retaining water when i expected them to be dry

Back