New Grower 1st Time Grower ILGM Grandaddy Purple Auto in 3gallon fabric

Do you only start defoliating when you're in flower?
I do some light defol during veg but mostly tuck. Once it started blooming I started picking off leaves here and there to open lower buds to some light, improve air circulation (it gets real tight and bunched up leaves are a receipe for mold) and to start pushing the flowering stage of growth engery to the end of the branch. When you cut, it triggers the plants natural defence mechanisms and the plant pushes to fix the damage. In turn super charging everything on that branch.

You know my thoughts on defoliating. Have they always been there or are your girls throwing out new white pistils? Plants look really good as always.
They have been always been there but i do see more forming where the 1st leaves withered away ages ago, the poor plant is really trying to bud at the lowest point of the plant :face:

I'll take off 2-5 leaves each plant in the morning and take a picture to see if things look better.
20210427_180321.jpg

Last edited:
They have been always been there but i do see more forming where the 1st leaves withered away ages ago, the poor plant is really trying to bud at the lowest point of the plant :face:

I'll take off 2-5 leaves each plant in the morning and take a picture to see if things look better.
View attachment 1311868
Ya, I left those lower inside branches last grow and found that they yielded ok fluffy bud I dont think they were worth the plant energy effort. I would leave the ones you have now as it's a bit late and you dont want to stress her to hard, plus they might stack up for you. I was a little more aggressive this time and still feel its bushy. I noticed an extra branch on my girl the other day and fought with myself about cutting it off (I left it).

Baby habanero plant hiding below in the shadows
Put the baby up on a milk crate if you have one (milk crates are a must have) or a box if no milk crate. Get her up even with the canopy to get her the light she needs. She might be small but she can still produce top quality buds if treated right.

Day 54
Trimmed more than i planned on trimming, you would be proud of me @LoveDaAutos :smoking:

After trimming i mixed up 560ppm worth of mega crop into 20-33ppm rain water, did not ph because mega crop is awesome at keeping the ph where it needs to be (for me) and watered all plants until runoff.

Here are some after trimming pics and bud pics enjoy :biggrin:
20210428_080101.jpg
20210428_080113.jpg
20210428_071806.jpg
20210428_080129.jpg
20210428_080138.jpg
20210428_080151.jpg

HEY LOOK! There were buds under there!! :lol: Nice job on the haircuts. Just enough to let the light in and increase air flow. Good job.

Do any of your nutrients contain calcium or magnesium? I had a similar issue when I started to use a nute with none of either. It happened within 3-5 days of when I started to mess with my nutes.

Back