New Grower 1st Time Grower ILGM Grandaddy Purple Auto in 3gallon fabric

I am seeing some brown spots on some of the leaves, I'm thinking its a cal/mag issue, i will add cal/mag to next feeding and wait and see.
Have you checked your pH of your fertilizer solution to make sure that it’s not below 6.0? You can get lockout of Cal/Mag with a pH below 6 in soil. I know when I mix up MegaCrop in tap water the pH can be as low as 5.6. I recently ran into this problem in my hydroponic hempy bucket style grow and I had to up the pH slightly. It stopped additional spots (I think). I’m checking pH with every new batch of MegaCrop I mix which is once a day now.

Do any of your nutrients contain calcium or magnesium? I had a similar issue when I started to use a nute with none of either. It happened within 3-5 days of when I started to mess with my nutes.
i thought mega crop had enough in it but i may need to add some next feeding

Have you checked your pH of your fertilizer solution to make sure that it’s not below 6.0? You can get lockout of Cal/Mag with a pH below 6 in soil. I know when I mix up MegaCrop in tap water the pH can be as low as 5.6. I recently ran into this problem in my hydroponic hempy bucket style grow and I had to up the pH slightly. It stopped additional spots (I think). I’m checking pH with every new batch of MegaCrop I mix which is once a day now.
i check ph before anything hits the roots, 6.2-6.6 is what goes in the soil, either a epson salt issue or cal/mag i'm thinking not sure though. the runoff was 6.5 the other day.

Day 56
No changes today.
They are getting light and will need their last feeding of MC some cal/mag and I'll throw some Epson salt in the sprayer's tank for good measure, tomorrow will be their last meal and then flushing until harvest.
Little runt plant will be 1st to finish, i took some magnified pics with a glass and my phone, i will try better next time lol
20210430_101825.jpg
20210430_102001.jpg
20210430_102012.jpg
20210430_102022.jpg
20210430_102030.jpg
20210430_101903.jpg
20210430_102850.jpg

Attachments

• 20210430_102856.jpg
    20210430_102856.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Dude, nice work. I'm really proud of you. I bet you're excited to chop! Seems most of the trichomes are cloudy from the pic.You seeing some amber in there too?

Dude, nice work. I'm really proud of you. I bet you're excited to chop! Seems most of the trichomes are cloudy from the pic.You seeing some amber in there too?
TY and yes i am ready to chop, dry, and smoke these bad girls. I need a better way of looking tbh so i am not sure about cloudy and ambers lol
I'll try a little harder with getting a close up of them later today, i was in a rush to meet my mother for a lunch date and gave up after 2 pics.

I know you didn’t ask for this advice, but I just wanna throw this out there...this is a feeding schedule that I adapted from an OG grower here on AFN named TaNg. He used a light soil mix by Plagron that’s only available in the UK. But Fox Farms Happy Frog or a ProMix of some sort would work just as well. It goes like this:

Days 1-10: Water only as needed
Days 11-20: 1/2 Strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 21-30: 3/4 Strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 31-40: Full strength nutrient solution as needed
Days 41-45: Full strength nutrient and full strength carbohydrate solution as needed
Days 46-65: Full strength nutrient and full strength carbohydrate and full strength PK booster solution as needed
Days 66-End: Water only as needed

The “as needed” means if the container feels light or the soil is dry, he would give water/solution to the plants. If the pots were still heavy or the soil was still moist, he would just skip watering/feeding that day. By the time he was at roughly Day 21 to 25, he would be feeding his plants every day. He would also vary the amounts he gave his plants as they grew, gradually increasing and decreasing depending on the plants life cycle. His Colorado Cookies and Brooklyn Sunrise grow is pretty detailed in terms of how he did things. Also note that he used Advanced Nutrients and not Greenleaf Nutrients, but I’ve used this schedule with MegaCrop, Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion in soil with similar results.

I just thought that this info might help you realize some plants the size you’re dreaming about. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll see if I can help you out at all. If I don’t know the answer, I can definitely point you in the right direction.

Happy growing!

Also...I use something like an Olloclip macro lens for my phone to take the close up photos of the trichomes.

I bought a digital microscope for 35 bucks. Works great and takes good pics.

Necesa Wireless Digital Microscope,USB Microscope 50-1000 X Magnification Pocket Handheld Mini Portable WiFi Microscopes Camera

Image_2021-01-08 20_41_06_425.JPG

Image_2021-01-08 20_42_25_105.JPG

How strong is the smell and is your carbon scrubber getting it all? While growing is legal here, my next door neighbor is a PITA and, given he has a young son, I don't want to be that guy that is making it obvious to the neighborhood that I've got some herb in the house.

Congrats on getting your 1st grow to the finish line! My girls are going under 48 hours of darkness starting this afternoon, and I'll chop them on Sunday.

Back