New Grower 1st serious grow. Nirvana NL Auto. Single 75W Cob light. Custom tent, with arduino and raspberry pi!

Your plant looks perfectly healthy and could easily go on just Clearwater for right now. In fact I would probably keep that up until I started to see a little bit of a deficiency. Then when I came back and fed again I wouldn't feed as much nitrogen I just hit heavier on the bloom nutrients.

As far as humidity goes, I don't like 70 degrees in the last 3 or 4 weeks of flower. But the way your plant is developed right now I don't think you would have any problem tolerating 70% humidity for the week you're gone. Of course, it's environmental control that is the primary reason for me running my lights 24-0. The stability factor, in my opinion, is more important than any rest cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sup yall!

Should be a fun time. I had posted in the introduction forum about my plans and was encouraged to start a grow journal. Everything is preliminary at this point except for the beans themselves. I have 5 Nirvana NL Autos in my possession. Here is how it all goes down, bullet point style:

• 1 plant at a time.
  • Under a single 75w Cree Cob by Rapid LED 3500k. (considering adding another diy cob light later)
  • IF I add the second light, consider adding a second plant mid-grow.
  • diy tent 3'x2'x5.5' made out of scrap 1/2" PVC and panda film (maybe 2 layers, worried about temp)
  • 4" carbon filter and fan for exhaust (to be added later on in flowering)
  • High speed 120mm pc fan for intake (thinking of mounting between the pvc with corrugated plastic signage)
  • (maybe an additional intake fan if needed)
  • Nutrients: for simplicity will follow "Tangs easy auto feeding schedule" (may replace carboload with bud candy however...thinking of primarily vaping?)
  • Medium: Biobizz light mix (closest I can find to his soil)
  • 3 gallon fabric pot
  • Growing in a humid basement (RH 60+), have 2 large dehumidifiers if needed
  • Basement is on the cool side 65-70, considering a SMALL radiator heater inside the box?
  • Have an Arduino and Raspberry Pi, have built a prototype with a DHT22 sensor that will measure temp and humidity inside the box on the arduino. Thinking about adding some relays to switch fans/heaters on and off to regulate the constant temperature/humidity. Thinking about connecting to the Pi as a webserver so I can monitor via web browser at any time and may even add functionality of manually starting/stopping any of those services. (I'm a nerd)
  • Do plan on being out of town end of May for 7 days and am concerned about timing of the grow due to this...
  • Would ideally like to have vapable herb by mid July.
Tagging some good folks from my intro post: @Need4Weed @TheMongol @AutoWonders @archie gemmill @Eekman

This is my first serious grow...I do have one other successful(sorta) photoperiod bagseed grow under my belt.

First pics will be of my setup and prototypes. Have yet to receive all items needed but will document as they arrive.

Thanks everyone in advance for any assistance you may have!!!
That’s awesome! I’m just getting into arduino myself, I’m building a temp/rh logger, also with a DHT22. Ive gotta get the coding fixed but hopefully I’ll be able to do that today.

That’s awesome! I’m just getting into arduino myself, I’m building a temp/rh logger, also with a DHT22. Ive gotta get the coding fixed but hopefully I’ll be able to do that today.

let me.know if yiu havd questions i may be ablr to help

let me.know if yiu havd questions i may be ablr to help
I'll take you up on that... I got the code verified but there was a 'Problem uploading to board'. I'll DM the error code as not to hijack this thread

Day 44 update.

Was gone for a week but was able to feed the plant remotely via a pump/relay/raspberry pi connection and a small python script.

This is what the plant looks like upon my return.

Was fed plain distilled water on 5/25. While I was gone I fed nutrients per Tangs schedule on 5/30. This was guess work based on how quickly the pot has been drying out. 6/3 and it feels like it may go another day before being completely dry again.
  • I backed the lights off a little prior to leaving because I was afraid of stretch...should I lower? if so what distance?
  • Should I feed another plain water feeding this time around, then go back to nutes? or stay on plain water? do you see any deficiencies?

IMG_20180603_113740.jpg

IMG_20180603_113710.jpg

IMG_20180603_113733.jpg

Thanks for the help!

They look very healthy to me! :greenthumb:

I think I may have a bit of a calmag deficiency. Noticing some yellowing veins in the lower leaves. In fact I actually pulled some of the lower ones off to do a little bit of defoliation. If you look at the larger fan leaves you can see the lighter color... not sure it is a major issue or not...

It's not as easy to see with my camera, but these pics were taken last night and I fed yesterday morning. Seems it may be a slight bit improved today...ordered some calimagic to add with my feedings just to see if it corrects the problem. I think the issue is that I am using distilled water...

Any other suggestions?

IMG_20180604_214137.jpg

IMG_20180604_161853.jpg

I think I may have a bit of a calmag deficiency. Noticing some yellowing veins in the lower leaves. In fact I actually pulled some of the lower ones off to do a little bit of defoliation. If you look at the larger fan leaves you can see the lighter color... not sure it is a major issue or not...

It's not as easy to see with my camera, but these pics were taken last night and I fed yesterday morning. Seems it may be a slight bit improved today...ordered some calimagic to add with my feedings just to see if it corrects the problem. I think the issue is that I am using distilled water...

Any other suggestions?

View attachment 915275
View attachment 915276
Calimagic is a good idea, drop your nitrogen a bit when you start to use it. Otherwise you'll end up a little bit toxic, I think. Are the Yellow Leaf tips from overfeeding or going a little bit long between watering?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i dont think its overfeeding honestly. im feesing about a gallon every 4-5 days at this point. i think i may have gone a little too long between feedings this last run being out of town and all. i am following tangs schedule precisely.

going too long between feedings presents with tip burn because the moisture in the dry soil is concentrated? or am i off base in thinking that?

Back