Indoor 1Sky's Mephisto, COB (Amare) & Fastbuds GrowBattles: BioTabs vs Adv Nutes & AutoPots vs FiberPots

If the stretch is over then don't spray, you can a bit on the most damaged leaves but try not to spray the buds...i would avoid at this point and just stick to molasses
I used 1/4 of tsp, kinda like when you see chefs on a bit of sprinkle in the bucket :biggrin:
Get a good organic blackstrap molasses and watch how she reacts, it should slow down right away and stop in the next few days
Forgot to ask, is it sativa dom?

Currently all my plants are Indica dominant. I'm very appreciative of your feedback on the foliar spray and molasses treatment program. Thanks, man.

So if I get this right, you're saying that the siliciumflash helped but did not totally prevent the deficit. Hum, interesting. I had added dolomite to my coco when preparing the pot with the Startrex, Mycrotex, tabs, etc. This had been suggested by BT F69 in my previous grow as a way to eliminate the CalMag def. I'd say that it may have helped delay or lessen the impact, but certainly did not eliminate it.

Sage, what proportions of epsom to water do you use? I'd like to give it a try. Also, do you know if its safe & OK to spray epsom when the plant is in full flower production?

Sage & Slowmo, I'll probably get some Silicium (and also some BioPK 5-8 ) for my next BT grow, but seems way too late to have any impact on this run.

Thanks a bunch guys for your response and suggestions. :bighug::pass:

I'll defer to waynejohn about the sutiabliltiy of foliar at this stage - I was lucky in that it was in veg with no sign of flowering. Good luck, I'll be watching with interst to see how the mollases works out for you.

Its been a while since posting individual photos of the enitie grow -- except for weekly updates on the ones in GrowBattles. So I'll take a few posts here to show off the crew.
First up is MUTANT LOVE. This little Fastbuds LSD just couldn't get it going during the first month. Most folks would have janked her out and used the space for something new, but I was very curious to see what this stain was like. Hey @Dudeski , take a look, like you said,
I bet the lsd ends up being a nice plant
Here she is struggling at 14 days above ground on the left, and 25 days on the right.
14.FB LSD.JPG
26.LSD.JPG

And still not much better at day 31:
31.F LSD A.JPG

Now here she is at day 50. Finally putting on the stretch and showing some nice purple color. Its good to be patient.

50.F-LSD a.JPG

50.F-LSD l.JPG

We won't be setting any records here on yield, but at least there'll be enough for me & the misses to get acquainted with her. :hookah:

Mephisto's Sour Crinkle is being run 3-ways; 1 on Biotabs (BT) in an AutoPot, and 2 on Advanced Nutrients + GreenPlanet Nutrients (AN/GP) in an AutoPot and a Fiber Pot. Here they are at day 50. The two autopots, BT on the right and AN/GP on the left.
50.AB-SC b.JPG
50.AN-SC a.JPG

And then the AN/GP Fiber Pot:

50.F-SC b.JPG

All of these are dense and short. These are probably the smallest of any of my grows to date. In all honesty, I stupidly kept humidity domes on them way too long in the first week or so, and that clearly stunted their growth. The nice thing is that they are leading the pack in terms of frosty sticky goodness. I'd say that the stretch is about finished, but the bud development is going to go gang-busters for several more weeks now.

Mephisto's Creme Bubbly is also being run the same 3-way method, AutoPots, Fiber Pot, Biotabs, AN/GP nutrients. This strain has a nice open structure, lots of bud-loaded branches, and a reasonable height. Not very sticky yet, but that will come. In this stain, there's more of a difference among the 3 grow methods. The AN/GP fiber pot is the leader (on the left below), but the AN/GP autopot is the laggard. The Biotabs Autopot gal is my contestant in the COB GrowBattle, she is on the right below.

50.F-CB a.JPG
50.AB-CB c.JPG

Here is weakest of the 3, the AutoPot on AN/GP nutes: She's obviously showing some deficit and will soon get a shot of molasses.
50.AN-CB a.JPG

Well, that's 7 of the eight plants in this run. The last is my Fastbuds GrowBattle competitor, the lovely miss Blackberry. What a sweet beauty. She'll give a nice yield and delight me with the purple coloration that's starting to set in.

50.F-BB c.JPG
50.F-BB f.JPG
50.F-BB g.JPG
50.F-BB n.JPG

That's it for now. Got to go walk the dog and make the misses her cocktail. Cheers all.

See how they go mate, but I'm also curious as to whether RO would be recommended by them..

@Biotabs F69 , is RO recommended with tabs? I thought tap was always preferred.

@Sensi Jay
Tab water will do the trick.
But RO water is always better, although you have to added some Silicium flash to the soil. To compensate for al the mineral ect that have been filtered out. Or mix some cal mag in the water, only thess liquids are not organic, most of the time.
I use there growmax water filter. It is quite a efficient filter 1/1 ratio instead of these chinees bad ones 1/8 ratio.

have a good grow!

Time for some photo updates. 61 days above ground. Here are the 3 Mephisto Sour Crinkles. First, the fiber pot on Advanced Nutrients + GreenPlant Nutrients (AN/GP), she's my contestant in the Mephisto GrowBattle:

61.F-SC b.JPG
61.F-SC f.JPG

Then the two AutoPot Sour Crinkles, AN/GP on the bottom left, and Biotabs on the bottom right:

61.AP-SCs b.JPG

And now individually. AN/GP:

61.AN-SC a.JPG
61.AN-SC e.JPG

And finally for the S.Crinkle family, we have the one running on Biotabs:

61.AB-SC a.JPG
61.AB-SC c.JPG

All these Crinkles are super frosty and sticky, have a dense growth and bud structure, and have a fairly strong aroma. They're also all fairly short in stature, ranging from 12" to 16.5". This is my first time with the S.Crinkle, so I'm looking forward to see how they perform.

Back