Indoor Winter Autos By MOG

It was way more difficult to find a O-ring Metric 52idx60odx4cs mm than it should be. Why would you make a consumer product with oddball size O-rings. Anyhow the leak is fixed so I should be able to get this grow growing.

I am making RO water :jump:

_DSC3488.JPG
_DSC3490.JPG
_DSC3491.JPG

Wow, 8.4 is a pretty high starting pH. Is that from your source water or does the RO process naturally make the water more basic?

Even with the drop in pH from the nutes it’s still gonna take some squirts of that pH down.

Wow, 8.4 is a pretty high starting pH. Is that from your source water or does the RO process naturally make the water more basic?

Even with the drop in pH from the nutes it’s still gonna take some squirts of that pH down.
RO water will absorb Co² from the air lowering the PH. I ran 25 gallons of RO mixed with 9 gallons of my tap water and overnight it dropped to 6.4 PH and 0 PPM. My EC meter does not read below 50 PPM so I need to just add a tiny bit more tap to get it back above 50 PPM. It is going to take a little trial and error to get used to the new RO water.

We are off and running:
_DSC3492.JPG

some of these seeds are 3 or more years old so I am giving them a soak in just a pinch of kelp PH 6.0 bottled drinking water. 4-8 hours should be enough.

Ok the seeds are in the starter cubes.

I mixed 1 gallon of my RO mixed water @ ~50 PPM with 1.5g of Part A and 2.5g Part B with 1/8 tsp of kelp PH to 6.0 with 1 drop of PH-down. 635 PPM.

Then I mix that in a bowl with distilled water until 210 PPM PH to 5.5. After soaking the A-ok Starter cubes the PH comes up to 5.9 and we are good to go.

_DSC3493.JPG
_DSC3494.JPG
_DSC3495.JPG
_DSC3496.JPG

Ok the seeds are in the starter cubes.

I mixed 1 gallon of my RO mixed water @ ~50 PPM with 1.5g of Part A and 2.5g Part B with 1/8 tsp of kelp PH to 6.0 with 1 drop of PH-down. 635 PPM.

Then I mix that in a bowl with distilled water until 210 PPM PH to 5.5. After soaking the A-ok Starter cubes the PH comes up to 5.9 and we are good to go.

View attachment 1265623View attachment 1265624View attachment 1265625View attachment 1265626
Mr. MoG----Great journal! I am appreciative of your efforts and details.
Will your feed schedule in your earlier post change/adjusted since you were aiming for 100ppm for "water" ?

Your grow preparation is the basis for your successes.

Bring on the babies!
:pass:

Mr. MoG----Great journal! I am appreciative of your efforts and details.
Will your feed schedule in your earlier post change/adjusted since you were aiming for 100ppm for "water" ?

Your grow preparation is the basis for your successes.

Bring on the babies!
:pass:
Yes if you go back to the first page I keep that nutrient chart up to date with what I am actually doing and log the actual numbers as I go. You will see that it now reflects the 50 PPM blend of RO and tap water.

RO water will absorb Co² from the air lowering the PH. I ran 25 gallons of RO mixed with 9 gallons of my tap water and overnight it dropped to 6.4 PH and 0 PPM. My EC meter does not read below 50 PPM so I need to just add a tiny bit more tap to get it back above 50 PPM. It is going to take a little trial and error to get used to the new RO water.
I'm not sure you can accurately measure the pH of RO or distilled water with a pen. I do know you can damage the pen's electrode if allowed to soak or stored in RO/distilled water.

I'm not sure you can accurately measure the pH of RO or distilled water with a pen. I do know you can damage the pen's electrode if allowed to soak or stored in RO/distilled water.
That is correct. It is one of the reasons I am blending some tap water back into the RO. The accuracy of the PH is stable at 50 PPM or above.

Back