Indoor Winter Autos By MOG

Oh Shyte my inventory of seeds is not accurate. I do not have the Zambeza Blueberry or the SS StrarDawg :rofl: . They were both grown last year :doh: What to do What to do!
what ya got in the stash box ? or have you picked something already

Yes I have decided to go with two of Magic's seeds Bubba Trouble and GWKXBT (Grape Walker Kush (Mephisto) x Bubba Trouble).

I worked the nutrient numbers on the calculator for hours trying to make adjustments for my high PPM city water and it just does not work! I cannot keep the calcium levels in balance without throwing everything else out of where I want it to be. So I just bought a little Reverse Osmosis system. This is as simple a system I can find. I already have sediment and carbon filters in my grow water supply. I need about 25 gallons a week to mix with tap water 50/50 to get to ~100 PPM which is good for the nutrient schedule I want to use. It will be a bit of a PITA to use because I want the waste water to go into the sewer and not the garden. The nearest drain is in the bathroom! :shrug:The PPM of the waste will be over 300 PPM. This would eventually cause troubles in my garden soil.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 08 13.34.jpg

It just goes to show if it is not one thing it is another:crying:

The saga continues.................. I just got notice of when expect delivery of the RO system. The site's brick and mortar is in the same state as me and it is listed as in stock on the web; I just got notice to expect delivery in 4 to 6 weeks. :WTF::finger::backside: I canceled that order and got this off Amazon should be here in a couple of days.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 11.27.jpg

Dabs3.pngDabs please..................................

The fittings supplied for this unit are for a garden hose petcock and I just drain into my septic. The inside joke when running this system is the call out water. :yay1: This is my inside laugh because I or the Queen Bee has to manually shut the valves off and on :face: and son of a gun I have forgot it is running and yes water has overflowed on more than a few runs. I try to set a timer now. :cheers: Having it for our drinking water is mighty fine also.

Attachments

• 100_0635.JPG
    100_0635.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_0636.JPG
    100_0636.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 39
  • drain.JPG
    drain.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 32
The fittings supplied for this unit are for a garden hose petcock and I just drain into my septic. The inside joke when running this system is the call out water. :yay1: This is my inside laugh because I or the Queen Bee has to manually shut the valves off and on :face: and son of a gun I have forgot it is running and yes water has overflowed on more than a few runs. I try to set a timer now. :cheers: Having it for our drinking water is mighty fine also.
I have thought about that and most likely will rig it to a float valve. I have a 35 gallon top-off tank and I want to blend 55% RO to 45% non-RO. That should give me about 50 PPM calcium in the starting water along with other minerals. This is how I envision that working. The tank will have about 10 gallons remaining when I need to recharge it. I will run12 to 15 gallons of RO and top that off with tap water. I can use my Blue Lab Combo meter to dial in the PPM to 80 - 100.

I will need to run the drain line to the bathroom sink or tub, out the bedroom door through the hall and into the bathroom :crying: So most likely this will need to be done when Ms. MOG is away:crying: She is very tollerent of my gardening indoors but I don't want to push my luck.

Hmmm i think you have opened my eyes to something, my tap ppm is about 180-200 and i have been having potassium def in mid and late flower.
But maybe the excess calcium is causing me K lockout.

Anyway good luck with the grow man
Hey @woody Long time no see, how the heck are you? What are you growing? tag me in!

I got the RO system today. I have the feed plumbing done. One of the O-rings for a RO canister was pinched and deformed and I am afraid it will leak. I will take it outside tomorrow and check it out. You need to run it for a while without the RO filters to remove any carbon particles from the new filters. I have ordered some O-rings just in case. I made a float valve on a sliding mount so I can just clamp it at the level I want in the top-off tank.

_DSC3481.JPG
_DSC3482.JPG
_DSC3483.JPG

The drain line reaches the bathtub in the bathroom. If that O-ring holds I should have this running tomorrow.

Back