Dinafem White Cheese Autoflowering (Dinafem)

Which will perform best?

• Total voters
The grow room look great mate. Can I ask what make are your led,s then we maybe able to help find a rep to give some advice on optimal distance for the plants-light distance :toke:

All looks great I must say I like how small and busy the GSC is :thumbsup:

D-M.
My initial observation, when it comes to LEDS I don't know what I'm doing, lol. Anyway after more many hours more of research I guess for these particular lights I need to have them about 12 inches or at 12inches my par would be 570, as opposed to a significantly lower amount if they were higher. As of last night I did in fact lower both (20 inches/16inches previously) The WhiteCheese she seems to love it excellent new growth last night, as for my GSC I don't know what to think about her I assume she is healthy but so damn bushy. I keep tucking the big sun leaves that's about all I can do, she has real complex branching yet none of it's long enough to manipulate.

View media item 6321View media item 6320View media item 6319Ok as previously mentioned I did not like the mounting hangers supplied with lights, nor did I like how much play they had just free swinging in closet. At a local thrift shop for $2.00 picked up a metal wire planter used or intended be used as a type of planter you'd secure to the railing of your deck/porch. WELL I REPURPOSED IT ASS SEEN IN PICS HAHAHAHA The little yellow thing on top is an actual working level. So not only are both lights stationary,equally spaced, equally 12 inches off top of canopy, they are also 100 percent level.

View media item 6321View media item 6320View media item 6319Ok as previously mentioned I did not like the mounting hangers supplied with lights, nor did I like how much play they had just free swinging in closet. At a local thrift shop for $2.00 picked up a metal wire planter used or intended be used as a type of planter you'd secure to the railing of your deck/porch. WELL I REPURPOSED IT ASS SEEN IN PICS HAHAHAHA The little yellow thing on top is an actual working level. So not only are both lights stationary,equally spaced, equally 12 inches off top of canopy, they are also 100 percent level.

Now that's getting creative :toke: . Nice job!

All the best

D-M.

Hay bro just got you message on YouTube rule of thump for Resonable powerful led grow lights is 30cm bloom 40-50cm veg.

Hay bro just got you message on YouTube rule of thump for Resonable powerful led grow lights is 30cm bloom 40-50cm veg.
Yes I'm going to raise lights more now. Here's my findings from last night at around 19 inches off the top of my largest plant (GSC) puts distance off the top of smallest plant at around 21 inches. It appears that the smaller of the three grew the most last night, so I deduce it's grow was a result of the greater distance. My intent is to raise light enough so that my GSC plant will experience comparable rate of growth. Thus far I am really questioning whether LED technology is a gimmick or not, it seems like my T5 set up blows LED out the water, but a lot of that may be my inexperience with LED.

Yes I'm going to raise lights more now. Here's my findings from last night at around 19 inches off the top of my largest plant (GSC) puts distance off the top of smallest plant at around 21 inches. It appears that the smaller of the three grew the most last night, so I deduce it's grow was a result of the greater distance. My intent is to raise light enough so that my GSC plant will experience comparable rate of growth. Thus far I am really questioning whether LED technology is a gimmick or not, it seems like my T5 set up blows LED out the water, but a lot of that may be my inexperience with LED.

If you get the right LED light in the right set up and environment it will beat any other lighting system.

If you get the right LED light in the right set up and environment it will beat any other lighting system.
Well at this point if I don't see vast improvement over the next few days Im going to put these leds aside for possibly supplemental side lighting use and stick my girls back under 12 Super high output T5 bulbs. My average is about 3 ounces off an auto at this rate I'm not going to be near that.

Well at this point if I don't see vast improvement over the next few days Im going to put these leds aside for possibly supplemental side lighting use and stick my girls back under 12 Super high output T5 bulbs. My average is about 3 ounces off an auto at this rate I'm not going to be near that.

I would give it at least a week mate just to give you and the plants time to adapt to the new lighting system. If it does fails you can go back to the t5,s :toke: Can I ask is this your first LED grow?

All the best

D-M.

I would give it at least a week mate just to give you and the plants time to adapt to the new lighting system. If it does fails you can go back to the t5,s :toke: Can I ask is this your first LED grow?

All the best

D-M.
Yes it's my first LED grow, and thus far I'm not impressed. Sure if I was a rich man and could spend 2 or 3 grand on some Black Dog leds I'd probably be real content, but I like most others in the current economy can't afford such luxury. Aside from a 9 degree change in room temp, and a less cluttered area I'm not seeing the value as of yet of using LED lighting. But I must see this all through from start to finish before I make such pessimistic views with regards to LED tech. :)

Haven't done a decent update over last several days, for that I apologize. Ok so not seeing new, aggressive, or any real great growth with LEDs. TodayI made a few changes see pic you'll notice the angle of the 2 led panels. Also I had an extra ultrasonic humidifier from my mushroom area figured plants needed it more. Current temps in the closet are running from 71-76 depending on time of day. RH is staying at around 55% All three plants seem to be really healthy so I'm optimistic. I know the new pics are not great, I didn't have a regular bulb handy sorry if I get a chance I'll put some regular ones up.View media item 6377View media item 6376View media item 6375

Back