Dinafem White Cheese Autoflowering (Dinafem)

Which will perform best?

• Total voters
Update night 3/14

When I want to feel stressed or do something tedious I grow some PanCyans, whole reason I got into growing plants was it was not stressful :) Anyway light distance as of tonight was still at 24 inches RH is steady at 70% temps are steady at 74. I watered today no food no nothing just plain filtered rain water. The GSC (largest of 3) began showing her sex 3 or 4 days ago, the WhteCheese (smaller & in black container) seems to be kind of stretchy, my assumption is light distance. Lastly the EMC2 Critical (one in blue fabric container) is coming along, I have not figured out why she's curling ends of her leaves down, no it's not wind. Anyway I am not happy with all the problems and bs I've experienced with this grow in particular, I'll keep on keeping on. Here's all latest pics as of about 20 minutes ago. Any comments especially suggestions would be greatly appreciated View media item 6532View media item 6531View media item 6530View media item 6529View media item 6528View media item 6536View media item 6534View media item 6533View media item 6386

I treat all indoor lighting the same. Get it as close as possible. I do a simple hand check. If my hand does not feel hot after ten seconds, it should be good. Many growers that I have mentored on here have had issues with keeping the lights too far away. The diagram of your light, shows the PAR values drop off drastically after two feet.

Since you have two identical panels, do a side by side comparison. Keep one light under a foot away, and keep the other further. Then you are not relying on our speculation.
Expensive LED panels are not needed for phenomenal results. I only use Apollo Horticulture, Dirt Genius, and Vipar panels to grow. They are all cheap brands, yet my results are anything but cheap.

Since you have two identical panels, do a side by side comparison. Keep one light under a foot away, and keep the other further. Then you are not relying on our speculation.
Expensive LED panels are not needed for phenomenal results. I only use Apollo Horticulture, Dirt Genius, and Vipar panels to grow. They are all cheap brands, yet my results are anything but cheap.
Well if you were take apart a cheap led panel, and say a Kind, or Lumigrow many of the components are the same. Now that being said I do realize some drivrs may be more or less efficient, some fans may be noisier others quiet. From spec standpoint I mean I got what should be decent in so far as cheap lights go. Got 5 watt leds, almost exaclty half at wall draw of lights rated capacity. So I don't fault my lights it's user related problems. Under my T5 I usually veg with 2 10,000k bulbs, 4 6500k and 2 2700k. This mix spectrum has ALWAYS been great to me. Well then all of a sudden 3 weeks into their life I threw them under these leds, I don't know exactly what that did. Secondly I have heard the whole 24-30 inch from top of plant during veg with leds but I just son't see that as being optimal.

Almost all LEDs are made in China and Taiwan. Phillips is the only exception, I think. The technology is also constantly getting better. That makes it impractical to get the most expensive, when a lesser brand will surpass it soon. Epistar and Bridgelux are high quality, made in Taiwan brands. The plant does not know what the panel cost.

Almost all LEDs are made in China and Taiwan. Phillips is the only exception, I think. The technology is also constantly getting better. That makes it impractical to get the most expensive, when a lesser brand will surpass it soon. Epistar and Bridgelux are high quality, made in Taiwan brands. The plant does not know what the panel cost.
well lights are at 15 inches, you seen pics any salvaging this grow lol ?

I do not see that as optimal either. Cannabis is a summer crop annual. It is not afraid of intense light. I would rather burn a little and back it off, than not give it the most PAR it can consume. Many think it eats the nutrients, but its the light. Nutrients are sort of like their vitamins. I also find that the closer the lights are, the more nutrients the want.

I do not see that as optimal either. Cannabis is a summer crop annual. It is not afraid of intense light. I would rather burn a little and back it off, than not give it the most PAR it can consume. Many think it eats the nutrients, but its the light. Nutrients are sort of like their vitamins. I also find that the closer the lights are, the more nutrients the want.
My soil has plenty nutes, it's super soil ;-) so what I should drop light more?

I say get experimental. You can absolutely save those. I had five autos under one 28 watt cfl, there was a surprise this grow, lol. They stayed under that about two weeks longer than they should have. Once I moved them to a grow tent, under a giant photoperiod, they took off. I have a 300watt 5 watt diode Apollo Horticulture panel about four inches from them. It is tilted at a 35-45 degree angle. They doubled in size the first day. Autos are the most responsive plants I know of.

Back