Reaction score
Many times on AFN you can read someone's user name and it's very self explanitory, but others you read and say wtf does that mean, or maybe others have a different meaning to the user than you think...

Here is where Atrain comes from:
Anyone here who is prior army should understand. But in army physical training the morning runs are often times split into run groups A,B,C,D fastest being A slowest being D. I was always able to out run 99 percents of the folks in my units. I was placed in an E.O.D unit as company medic and had a SFC in charge of my platoon. In the mornings he would have me run the A group and I would run them til there tongues hung out but it was great excercise. For fun during runs I would literally run A group in circles around the other groups down the road during p.t so when that crazy fucker heard us coming he would start to yell.. "move over soldiers the motha fuckin A train is coming through".. a few months later he changed my name from doc to atrain and from there on out it stuck. My gear was sudsequently labeled with atrain so then after transfers it stayed with me... anyway that's my story .

I sometimes wonder bout folks when reading user names.... where did YOUR username originate?

Last edited:
Many times on AFN you can read someone's user name and it's very self explanitory, but other you read and say wtf does that mean, or maybe other have a different meaning to the user than you think...

Here is where Atrain comes from:
Anyone here who is prior army should understand. But in army physical training the morning runs are often times split into run groups A,B,C,D fastest being A slowest being D. I was always able to out run 99 percents of the folks in my units. I was placed in an E.O.D unit as company medic and had a SFC in charge of my platoon. In the mornings he would have me run the A group and I would run them til there tongues hung out but it was great excercise. For fun during runs I would literally run A group in circles around the other groups down the road during p.t so when that crazy fucker heard us coming he would start to yell.. "move over soldiers the motha fuckin A train is coming through".. a few months later he changed my name from doc to atrain and from there on out it stuck. My gear was sudsequently labeled with atrain so then after transfers it stayed with me... anyway that's my story .

I sometimes wonder bout folks when reading user names.... where did YOUR username originate?

Damn dude Cool back story.
I figured you were a Medic that was pretty easy. As for your name Atrain was either slang or the train you ride on. funny I was just reading your journal yesterday and was thinking what does Atrain mean?:cheers:

Yep I wonder bout people's names here all the time I'm glad to see a little paarticipation. I could have sworn trapper came from hunting/trapping. I see the camo and dead down wind gear in your plant pics.. all need for scent elimination while trapping or getting in close for the kill @Trapper

Last edited:
Back