New Grower Very First Grow 400W LED Dark Devil and Sour Deisel Autos!!!!

Day 24:
We have lady parts my friends!! Going to have to pick up the filter in a few days, the little room the girls are in is already pretty pungent.
Can't really get a snapshot of them so I apologize. The Dinafem is growing like a weed the past few days she's now bigger than the Dark Devil.

So I too am growing 2 dinafem sour diesel autoflowers! First was germed on Jan. 12, 2015 and is now approximately 7 weeks into flowering. Second was germed on Feb.2, 2015 and showed preflower on Feb. 25, 2015. I'm running a soil setup with a 600 watt HPS full spectrum inside a 60"x60"x80" grow tent. Albeit our lighting setups are different but I still believe my experience may help. Seeing how this is my very first post I will just begin by saying if you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to help along with the rest of the community to help and I'm definitely sticking around to see the end results! Good luck!!!!!

Day 33 from seed: (27 from sprout)
We had some stretching and Ca deficiency, but nothing too bad. Preflowers started around day 24 for Dark Devil and 29 for Sour Diesel. Last feed was GO Box nutes at 1/4 except CaMg+ which I did a full feed. Soil pH is a little low so we're trying to bring that up, run off is around 6.1 and going in is 7.0. Sour Diesel is a CaMg whore, always needs more and more. Did a foliar spray just before pictures, 1.25ml CaMg+ and .75ml Humic Acid in half liter. Soil is still damp so I went foilar route. Also added some CFLs to try and fill out from the stretch. 2x23w 6500k and 2x40w 2700k.

uploadfromtaptalk1427067094554.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427067113773.jpg
Sour Diesel. 26in tall 23.5 in wide. Slight Ca deficiency near bottom.

uploadfromtaptalk1427067176625.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427067191713.jpg
Dark Devil. 25in tall 17.5in wide. Stretched but healthy.

Day 47:
Both plants are giving me pH nightmares. They don't seem to be getting any nutes due to lockout. The Sour Diesel has been looking like it's going to die any minute for the last two weeks with all the pH spotting on the dying fan leaves that have now spread to the top colas leaves. The buds have been swelling like crazy but it doesn't look healthy.
uploadfromtaptalk1428768276005.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428768328485.jpg

The Dark Devil is a hearty beast! Even for a newbie with no idea what he's doing this plant will not get sick. She's shown some pH spots lately but nothing has died on this girl. The buds are slowly purple-ing.
uploadfromtaptalk1428768611448.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428768661424.jpg

Also it seems like my soil is really compacting. Is that normal? After just one run I already decided I'm never using FFOF ever again.. Going living organic all the way. I'm in an apartment so tossing out soil isn't gonna work and i cant compost my owb either. I'll be using Build-a-Soils Living Organic soil in a #5 Air Pot thought about adding some earth worms and I'll be using their flowering top dressing. My understanding is that even after my plants harvested I'll read compost the soil for awhile and use it again.

If it was me which it is not and I suspected lockout I would be placing this plant in the bathtub and flooding them with water , water and more water and then reintroduce nutrients . :goodluck:

ok listen here, you dumb, stupid mother fucking J, :jaw: .
lmao, I'm kidding

So first and foremost- HIGH! I'm Mz. W, hahah..and now that THAT'S out of the way lol

2- I love that you give the age of your plants in 'from seed' and 'from sprout'. I used to list a from sprout age and a 'since sexed' age.
3- I know that it happens sometimes, and maybe you didn't even leave it there, but in the day 33 pictures...the water droplets on your fans. Make sure that when that happens, you get the water off the leaves before you turn your lights back on. Other wise you'll end up with little burn spots where the water was. And thats no fun lol
4- I am, by any stretch of the imagination lol, NOT a guru...I'm lucky enough to get through my own grows lol but in that same set of pictures (day 33) I really want to say, the one whit the water on it...(I think thats the sour diesel?) looks over-watered. Those droopy leaves are whats making me go 'hmmmm'. And truthfully, droopy leaves can be over water or under water, but you mentioned the soil being compacted...and in my experience, when the soil is compacted its holding a lot of moisture, so Im going with over watered solely based on that lol. but again - i'm no guru.
uploadfromtaptalk1427067113773.jpg

just..you know. my 2 cents...btw...welcome! I hope you get your sitch-ee-ayshun worked out!

Yes, actually that was when the first signs of deficiency started and I gave them a foliar at lights off to try and get ahead of it..
I actually just did give them some water and waited an hour to test run off. We're still in range the Sour Diesel at 6.9 and the Dark Devil at 7.1.
They're going dry almost two knuckles every 3 days or so, the Sour is a thirsty girl for sure. I dont think they're overwatered because they're super light by the time I water or feed. I just don't want to over fert and cause more issues.
I've flushed them both around a week ago at 8 gallons of 7.0 each and thought that would help and did a light feed 3 days later at 6.5. Since we aren't too out of range today I'm hoping I'm getting it under control.
I really appreciate any advice I can get guys! Thanks! Hopefully we'll make it to harvest so I can witness a full cycle and be less worried next time around. Haha!
They're like my babies, every little change has me worried lol.
These photos just don't do justice. They're so frosty and oh god the smell!! Haha.

prolly need to feed at a lower ph. ;D

I'm thinking the same.. The water I'm using comes out at 8.0, I drop it to 6.5 and with all nutes it's around 5.5 and I bring it back up to 6.5.

Would I be better off not altering the pH before feeds and waters?

Will they even each other out?

I've also been going by feed-water-water but I was reading with the "veganic" you should feed-feed-water.

Any input guys? Buds are still swelling like crazy but the older leaves aren't healthy at all.

PH after you add nutes. As to feeding I feed feed feed feed if the tips dont burn they get more feed

Back