Indoor Vapo's Skyline 400(Mk2) + CMH Adventure!!

TENT SHOT WOOOOOO:smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1:
20190614_155105.jpg

Hola AFN...:toke:..what is up my friends?..:bow:...is everything good??.....I hear YES!!..:d5:..ok, so it is all going down in Vapo town ladies and gentledudes..:bow:...3BOG got topped and JD got her first hooks...all the while the STB's are growing away, in the background now......building buuuud :woohoo:....just a couple of tags @BCBudlady thought you would like to see the 3BOG grow out....aaaand @Mossy @hairyman @Dudeski @Ripper @blue @Global Moderators ....here are some pics of the little ones...also I have stopped using perlite....thought it was worth a mention..:smiley1:
20190615_133514.jpg
20190615_133522.jpg

EDIT....can anyone recommend a cheap-ish light meter?......I am interested to see what is being thrown down.....also, my STB ladies are drooping about 2-3hrs before my lights go off, I know some plants do this....but what would happen if I were to cut the light schedule to suit this?....tbh looks like they have had enough for the day....they are only on 18/6 now....have a good day everyone:smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1:

@Vapo69
You would need a Par meter which measures photosynthetic active radiation.
These meters will give you the PPFD = Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density
You do not want anything that measures Lux
You do not want any thing which measures Lumens
The difference between the units lumen and lux is that the lux takes into account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. A flux of 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000lux.

Demystifying Lumens, Lux and PAR - copied and pasted from - https://www.lumigrow.com/demystifying-lumens-lux-and-par/

LED lights require new thinking about the way we measure light spectrum for use by plants. The typical rating most growers are familiar with is the “lumen.” The definition of the lumen is the total light produced within the range of the human visual response. It tells us nothing about the distribution of that light energy over the spectrum, and most importantly, it doesn’t tell us how much is useful for plants.

The problem with lumens is especially pronounced when measuring light at the far ends of the human visual response curve. Consider three lamps—red, green and blue—each emitting the same number of watts of optical energy. The red and blue lamps would have much lower lumen ratings compared to the green lamp, simply because the human visual response is very low at red and blue, and highest at green. That’s why a high lumen rating does not necessarily make a lamp better suited to growing plants. Similarly, light meters that measure in “lux” tell us very little about a lamp’s plant-growing power. The light sensors in lux meters have their own spectral response curves which may over- or under-measure light at various colors. This is why lux meters usually have different settings for “sunlight,” “fluorescent” and “incandescent” lamps. Again, because lux meters are meant for measuring the amount of light usable by humans, they don’t tell us anything about how plants will respond.

Plant biologists define light in the 400nm to 700nm spectral region as “photosynthetically available radiation,” or PAR. The unit for measuring PAR, micro-mols per second (μmol/s), indicates how many photons in this spectral range fall on the plant each second. Inexpensive PAR meters use sensors that respond over the entire 400-700nm spectrum, and have their own sensitivity curves that require different calibration for sunlight, fluorescent and HID lighting.All these systems are too broadly responsive to measure an LED’s narrow emission spectrum. They make HID light seem brighter by over-measuring yellow-green light, and make LED light seem dimmer by under-measuring red and blue light.

To properly measure the amount of energy present for photosynthesis we must use a spectroradiometer. This instrument measures energy in watts at each specific wavelength over a range of wavelengths. A spectroradiometer can provide a direct comparison of each lamp’s ability to produce light that plants can use for photosynthesis. Spectroradiometers are expensive instruments, not usually found outside laboratories. (A more common instrument called a spectrometer can show relative light output over a spectral range, but does not measure energy in watts.)

Manufacturers should publish spectroradiometric data showing the energy per wavelength produced by their lamps. This data will allow growers to accurately compare different lighting technologies—whether HPS vs. LED or different LED horticultural lights—and know how much usable light their plants will receive from each system.

A cheap quantum Light meter will cost around £100 but most ship from the USA, so there may be additional costs for shipping, tax and import duties, so check first before ordering on Ebay and then there is the Apogee . MQ-500 Full Spectrum Quantum PAR Meter will be £400 plus.
Apogee are really good PAR meters but they cost 4 x what a cheap par meter costs.

looking good @Vapo69 also @arty zan to the rescue your very knowledgeable pal

Hola AFN...:toke:..what is up my friends?..:bow:...is everything good??.....I hear YES!!..:d5:..ok, so it is all going down in Vapo town ladies and gentledudes..:bow:...3BOG got topped and JD got her first hooks...all the while the STB's are growing away, in the background now......building buuuud :woohoo:....just a couple of tags @BCBudlady thought you would like to see the 3BOG grow out....aaaand @Mossy @hairyman @Dudeski @Ripper @blue @Global Moderators ....here are some pics of the little ones...also I have stopped using perlite....thought it was worth a mention..:smiley1:View attachment 1071685 View attachment 1071686

EDIT....can anyone recommend a cheap-ish light meter?......I am interested to see what is being thrown down.....also, my STB ladies are drooping about 2-3hrs before my lights go off, I know some plants do this....but what would happen if I were to cut the light schedule to suit this?....tbh looks like they have had enough for the day....they are only on 18/6 now....have a good day everyone:smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1::smiley1:

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I wasjust going to say I Bet either @arty zan or @Ripper could tel you...

Talk of the Devi huh............?.............:devil:

How is the light doing..?

Have a great weekend.....:bighug:

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I was just going to say I bet either @arty zan or @Ripper could tell you...

Talk of the Devi huh............?.............:devil:

How is the light doing..?

Have a great weekend.....:bighug:
Honestly @Mossy, call me the devil..eh??? I don't know.....:shrug: some people eh?:pighug:
You do know that butter wouldn't melt .....right?:angel:
OK sometimes I'm a naughty boy and at other times I'm a very naughty boy but I also have a sweet angelic face and a smile that would melt the heart of the most hardened woman! Probably that's how I get away with it :yeah:LMAO

I do redeem myself though, by helping out members and pals in the forums whenever I can, I guess you could call that my penance!:hippy:

Have a great weekend @Vapo69 @St. Tom & @Mossy

Hola AFN...:toke:..what is up my friends?..:bow:...is everything good??.....I hear YES!!..:d5:..ok, so it is all going down in Vapo town ladies and gentledudes..:bow:...3BOG got topped and JD got her first hooks...all the while the STB's are growing away, in the background now......building buuuud :woohoo:....just a couple of tags @BCBudlady thought you would like to see the 3BOG grow out....aaaand @Mossy @hairyman @Dudeski @Ripper @blue @Global Moderators ....here are some pics of the little ones...also I have stopped using perlite....thought it was worth a mention..:smiley1:View attachment 1071685 View attachment 1071686

I got a cheap lumin meter from eBay. It worked well enough to allow me to adjust lights.

I got a cheap lumin meter from eBay. It worked well enough to allow me to adjust lights.
LED lights require new thinking about the way we measure light spectrum for use by plants. The typical rating most growers are familiar with is the “lumen.” The definition of the lumen is the total light produced within the range of the human visual response. It tells us nothing about the distribution of that light energy over the spectrum, and most importantly, it doesn’t tell us how much is useful for plants.

The problem with lumens is especially pronounced when measuring light at the far ends of the human visual response curve. Consider three lamps—red, green and blue—each emitting the same number of watts of optical energy. The red and blue lamps would have much lower lumen ratings compared to the green lamp, simply because the human visual response is very low at red and blue, and highest at green. That’s why a high lumen rating does not necessarily make a lamp better suited to growing plants. Similarly, light meters that measure in “lux” tell us very little about a lamp’s plant-growing power. The light sensors in lux meters have their own spectral response curves which may over- or under-measure light at various colors. This is why lux meters usually have different settings for “sunlight,” “fluorescent” and “incandescent” lamps. Again, because lux meters are meant for measuring the amount of light usable by humans, they don’t tell us anything about how plants will respond.

Hello and Thank you for all your answers, @arty zan a MASSIVE thanks for the mountainous amounts of info, just what I was after dude :bow:
@Mossy thank you for dropping by :thanks:...its not home until you have had a look lol
@St. Tom dude thank you for dropping by......its been too long since I dropped in on your thread dude, I will pop in soon :d5:
@Ripper thanks for the look in dude, I will check it out

Have a great weekend all:smiley1:

Hello and Thank you for all your answers, @arty zan a MASSIVE thanks for the mountainous amounts of info, just what I was after dude :bow:
@Mossy thank you for dropping by :thanks:...its not home until you have had a look lol
@St. Tom dude thank you for dropping by......its been too long since I dropped in on your thread dude, I will pop in soon :d5:
@Ripper thanks for the look in dude, I will check it out

Have a great weekend all:smiley1:
Always a pleasure to lend a hand pal!:pass::cheers:
The info supplied only offers the advice that needs to be said, knowledge is power but in order for it to be applied and therefore be useful, it needs to be understood! I know you will put this knowledge to great use!:d5::smoking:
I plan to buy an apogee quantum light meter in the near future as it will be very useful to measure the COBs I'm building, orders keep coming in but I'd love to give some actual PPFD details with them too, rather than just relying on spec sheets!:smoking:
when it comes to growing plants PAR is king!:thumbsup:

Back