Thanks for the feedback on the soil critters. I have been dosing with BTI a few times now plus I added some spinosad I forgot I had. I got the microscope out earlier and all I can see is potworms and springtails which are supposed to be ok. I'm guessing I killed this round of the fungus gnat larvae. A few flyers on my sticky traps but certainly not a lot of them. I just planted two sprouted Forum Stomper seeds so wish me luck.
PS my soil is home made organic and this is my second run.
So I think my soil critters were not the problem. I've caught a small number of gnats on the sticky traps but most of the life in the soil is non-harmful. My issue was low soil temps I think. My seeds did break soil but just sat there for 3 days doing nothing. I always use a heat mat and I like my soil to be 24º to 25º, which I thought it was, except my probe was under the pot instead of in the soil. I moved it last night and the soil was only 20º. Definitely not conducive to healthy seedlings. Adding to the problem is my dialled right-back LED providing almost no warmth to the leaves. So I assume there was no photosynthesis possible and no root exudates being produced. After adding heat (Soil 24º, Air 25º and Hum 70%) 12 hours later they are looking alive at least and I expect them to take a day or two to get going. I've only lost a few days on my two Forum Stompers but it's not ideal.
Time will tell. It's good to own my fuck ups as every one is a learning opportunity!

So I think my soil critters were not the problem. I've caught a small number of gnats on the sticky traps but most of the life in the soil is non-harmful. My issue was low soil temps I think. My seeds did break soil but just sat there for 3 days doing nothing. I always use a heat mat and I like my soil to be 24º to 25º, which I thought it was, except my probe was under the pot instead of in the soil. I moved it last night and the soil was only 20º. Definitely not conducive to healthy seedlings. Adding to the problem is my dialled right-back LED providing almost no warmth to the leaves. So I assume there was no photosynthesis possible and no root exudates being produced. After adding heat (Soil 24º, Air 25º and Hum 70%) 12 hours later they are looking alive at least and I expect them to take a day or two to get going. I've only lost a few days on my two Forum Stompers but it's not ideal.
Time will tell. It's good to own my fuck ups as every one is a learning opportunity!
hi bro I start every one of my girls in solo cups I'm not sure if its any help but maybe for future reference also what you saying low temps make a huge difference early on but I've got tube heaters for both my tents

What ones would you suggest?
I've used these guys before, I just used this and it worked a treat. There's a few to choose from depending on the bugs you want removing.

hi bro I start every one of my girls in solo cups I'm not sure if its any help but maybe for future reference also what you saying low temps make a huge difference early on but I've got tube heaters for both my tents
I'm doing the whole organic no-till thing so trying to keep it simple with my sprouted seed going into it's final pot. I've had success before but it always stresses me out lol. My heat mat heats the soil just fine when the probe is actually in the soil, not under the pot!

I've used these guys before, I just used this and it worked a treat. There's a few to choose from depending on the bugs you want removing.

Awesome! Thankyou

Gooddddday Gromies.
Question please, has anyone grown out the new improved FastbBuds Cheese? Better than ever! An upgraded version of this extremely pungent strain, the hard-hitting terps now insanely loud.
The description is making this Vegetarian hungry :pop:

Anyone on PS4, PS5, xbox steam or pc gaming.
If you have the option to add a gamer tag add “AFN” I have across all my games I play online fingers crossed so hopefully some of us can game together?

Anyone on PS4, PS5, xbox steam or pc gaming.
If you have the option to add a gamer tag add “AFN” I have across all my games I play online fingers crossed so hopefully some of us can game together?
I'm currently hammering season2 MW2 & WZ,

Back