Indoor tXr's Winter grow

When you guys top, do you remove the 6th node or what?
I've been following advice posted by the late Budelee, the first thread I read on topping here at AFN. So I've been topping at about 3 weeks old, as long as there are a few nodes already. I just cut off the smallest node I can identify, when it's only an inch long. It could be above the 4th, 5th, or 6th node (whatever's available). Here are some from my history collection (Gold Leaf, Moth Man, Mango Smile, day 18-22)
GL.3_day18_topped.jpg MM.1_day22_topped.jpg MS.1_day18_topped.jpg

I've been following advice posted by the late Budelee, the first thread I read on topping here at AFN. So I've been topping at about 3 weeks old, as long as there are a few nodes already. I just cut off the smallest node I can identify, when it's only an inch long. It could be above the 4th, 5th, or 6th node (whatever's available). Here are some from my history collection (Gold Leaf, Moth Man, Mango Smile, day 18-22)
View attachment 1560028 View attachment 1560029 View attachment 1560030
Cool beans! The two meph girls are 22 and 21 days this morning so that's within your time frame for topping, and they both had 6 nodes. That makes me feel a lot better about topping the Skywalker!

Day 31 for the DGxCDLCxMS(wiill be referred to as DCM in the future) and SW.
Day 20 for the Rucu Cucu and Kush Kush

The Skywalker needed some redirection of two future colas... :headbang:
IMG_20230207_171244.jpg

Last edited:
oh very nice - they have really shot up
Yes they have shot up, especially the meph freebie (double chem mango)! It is kinda neat to look back at the other DCM I grew as my first desktop Bonsai grow and compare it to this one, lol

Back