Outdoor Amnesia 7 in/outdoor grow

@Vapo: Yes , no, and yes. She didn’t miss a beat when I stripped her bare. But , I poked ,prodded and bent her some more until she broke. Cracked almost completely off at the main trunk. Well, I’ve been there before. Nothing a little masking tape won’t fix! She promptly recovered, narly missed a beat. What a weed! Next will be (gently ) tying down the branch off shoots after they develop a little more.
Can I ask why you prefer the third node? Does it work out better than the first or second? Pics to follow.
Phew, well done dude...the reasons I top at the 3rd are that I think it's best to leave her until she is strong enuff to take it....but with auto's you don't want to be leaving it too long, cause they won't wait for you dude, they get woody and unbendable quick style... and the third node is(I find!)just about the right time!........and the dude I learned from did it that way, I have tried it 1 node either way before but the 3rd works best for me 🙂

Edit:...just fyi dude, I grow in Coco for the faster reactions from the plant!

Last edited:
Third node it is then! The split stem has completely healed itself. I tightened the thumbscrews up. Thanks vapo, this is exciting!

IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_5667.jpeg
IMG_5669.jpeg
IMG_5670.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg
IMG_5711.jpeg
IMG_5706.jpeg
Day 36: All recovered from the break and topping. Never missed a beat. Very healthy. I’m removing some leaves from the inside to let light in.
I’ve started a Swaney Bean Lecter. She will get the Vapo treatment too. I’ll be starting a new journal for that grow, stay tuned.

I will be watching haha and btw dude.....I really like your propagation method with the coffee filters and just planting it with the filter around it, I mean.....why not?...makes sense to me!!

Thanks vapo! I’m starting to roll out my (evil) plan of growing four plants in my 2.3 tent. I’ll be staggering the starts by about 3-4 weeks. To achieve this, I will need plants to be low and crown like in shape. Your technique should work perfectly! I really don’t need huge harvests. I give most of my weed away. So, 3 ounces per plant would be very acceptable. Anyway, stay tuned. I appreciate the help!

View attachment 1696721View attachment 1696722View attachment 1696723Day 36: All recovered from the break and topping. Never missed a beat. Very healthy. I’m removing some leaves from the inside to let light in.
I’ve started a Swaney Bean Lecter. She will get the Vapo treatment too. I’ll be starting a new journal for that grow, stay tuned.
Just a heads up , lecter is fast with minimal branching and may not produce much if topped? I haven't topped lecter before so you may get away with it . 🤔

Back