Indoor Tropical Outdoor: White Widow Max, AK47, Cheese, Great White Shark, Northern Lights

Hmmm, reading up, it says that calcium deficiency is on new and growing leaves.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium-deficiency-cannabis

Maybe this issue is just from back when it was fairly young.
I wonder if that mini flood leached out a lot of nutrients from the small pot.
But now that it has been re-potted, with new nutes, and no leaching, that it's largely solved.

Probably just fooling myself with that line of thought, huh?............

Hi @Maria Sanchez they look great!!! Do put some Vaseline on those stems, that keeps the bugs from crawling on the stem... plus rain cant get it off. Neem oil works great for the top of the plants..
Crush those egg shells in a bag with a hammer and some chicken shit would really green those girls up.. :pass:

I'm not sure about the nutrients problem ,,but do know that the girls are dancing:frog:. They really look sooo different to mine both the ak47 and LSD, mine have the stems growing out, I guess it is a sub strain thing.. oh the egg shells put in heavy plastic bag, roll up a news paper...hit them till tender :greenthumb:

Thanks, @The Elvis and @i want a green thumb!
:bighug:

Here's the process so far.

The basic shells, pre-crush (leaving these for second batch):
Eggshells crushed.jpg

Steeping (after being crushed, boiling water with a little cooking vinegar added):
Eggshells steeped.jpg

This is from the top, so bigger pieces. No more than 2-4mm in size.

From underneath it looks like this:
Eggshells steeped 2.jpg

I'm a bit hasty. Should have crushed finer. But want to use it as soon as possible.
Hope I can put it out tonight.

Now it's actually a bit sunny here, between the clouds.
Weather reports totally inaccurate up here in the mountains, I think.
But good for the ladies in the bush!

Hi @Maria Sanchez they look great!!! Do put some Vaseline on those stems, that keeps the bugs from crawling on the stem... plus rain cant get it off. Neem oil works great for the top of the plants..
Crush those egg shells in a bag with a hammer and some chicken shit would really green those girls up.. :pass:

I neemed them top, bottom and sides, and also the earth on the tops of the pots.
Apparently, according to the web, if it gets into their water, they'll take up into the actual plant leaves and stems itself.
Then it really can't get washed off, and works from the inside. Here's hoping!

I have some scorpion chilis that I could add to the neem oil spray, too.

I'll try the vaseline thing, too. I use a menthol product, but pretty much the same.
Haven't had slug / snail problems yet, but there are some huge snails around here.

I put the eggshell steeped water out for just the AK47 and the WWM last night.
Left the crushed shells in the pot around the base of the stem.

Midnight -- a short but heavy downpour of rain. More at dawn.

Hope it didn't just wash it all away. It's like doing a flush at week 5. Who needs it?

In the good news, when I checked them last night,
the AK47 was maybe about 17"-18" = 43cm-45.5cm tall,
the White Widow Max maybe up to 15"+ = 38cm tall.
Both are fairly straight, branching is minimal but the side nodes are starting to bud up.
Looks like they will both largely be straight single cola ladies, with a couple of little buds at the bottom.

This is Day 30 for those two. How much have they grown in the last... 7 days? Checking back to page 11...
AK47 was about 25cm -- so, 20cm in 7 days, about 2.8cm / day = 1.1" / day.
WWM was about 20cm -- so, 18cm in 7 days, about 2.5cm / day = 1" / day.

If they keep stretching to the end of week 6 (day 42) or so (according to @Muddy's Life Cycle thread), then projected:
AK47: 45cm + 2.8cm * 12 days = 45 + 32 = 77cm = 30" tall.
WWM: 38cm + 2.5cm * 12 days = 38 + 30 = 68cm = 27" tall.

Well, projections are projections, let's actually see what happens.
The rain has at least stopped for now. Though still very cloudy.

Love and hugs,
Maria
:love:

Nutrient Issue:

A question for the experts out there. The bottom leaves on the AK47 look like this:
View attachment 626346
(Never mind the bug chewed edges, that's another matter....)
It looks like a calcium deficiency to me, and / or perhaps magnesium.
(The color up top is fine, it's on the older leaves, down low.)

I'd always appreciate a second opinion, though. I almost never had this issue doing indoors.
@budelee ? @912GreenSkell ? @The Elvis ?

The soil is some regular potting soil, with about 10%+ coco.
Added some light N fert, slow release organic stuff.
I added a bit of dolomite lime with the soil mix, but not much, really.

So, I'm going to prepare my egg shells today. I don't have a decent grinder.
Think I'll use the steeping method, but will just add the shells on the soil when I use the steeped shell water.
Suggests and comments always appreciated!!

Hello,catching up finally...have you thought about a phos deficiency.The rust colored spots on older growth...just a guess on my part since i dont know your complete nute regimen... @Waira will be able to get you on the right path...

Thanks, @The Elvis and @i want a green thumb!
:bighug:

Here's the process so far.

The basic shells, pre-crush (leaving these for second batch):
View attachment 626401

Steeping (after being crushed, boiling water with a little cooking vinegar added):
View attachment 626402
This is from the top, so bigger pieces. No more than 2-4mm in size.

From underneath it looks like this:
View attachment 626405

I'm a bit hasty. Should have crushed finer. But want to use it as soon as possible.
Hope I can put it out tonight.

Now it's actually a bit sunny here, between the clouds.
Weather reports totally inaccurate up here in the mountains, I think.
But good for the ladies in the bush!
another idea for the eggshells is put em in a blender if you need them finer,its alot quicker too...

Hello,catching up finally...have you thought about a phos deficiency.The rust colored spots on older growth...just a guess on my part since i dont know your complete nute regimen... @Waira will be able to get you on the right path...

I had thought about that. Still not sure. I think one my issues is that due to the rains here -- very heavy in short period of time -- there will be a lot of nute leaching.
If I then water with nutes after the rain, then they'll get too water logged (if they aren't already...)
So I think that slow release type nutes, on the top of the pots, will be best.
The rains will bring them down into the pot.
I don't have to add water on top of the rain water.
It'll stay there slowly over time.

I'll check the P deficiency symptoms too, and check then big girls again soon.

Love ya, @budelee!

Back