Indoor Susitna's Autoflower Menagerie

One grow a spidey set-up shop on a big plant in the greenhouse. Eventually she got around to making a large egg sack. Plant wanted to late life nanner. Harvested a little early, Put as much plant with her and eggs as I could out in protected spot with the same sun exposure. She bailed on her project, that was a bummer.
Well hopefully the eggs hatched anyway. Not a lot of spiders up here so I try to leave them be when I can to help eat the mosquitoes and aphids :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday!

Quick update today

SODK and Orange Bud chilling in the tent, and the clones in pots. Looks like the Think Different clones didn't get taken early enough and have started flower lol, but the Mango Smile is looking good.
20220424_114956.jpg

Mango Smile and Think Different went outside the tent for some rays today
20220424_123828.jpg

Quite a different structure and leaf behavior between the two but both quite vigorous!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend :baked:

Good morning and happy Monday! Lol

I've been slacking on the updates, spring time is always busy, lots of yard work and getting toys ready for summer :thumbsup:

All the girls are doing well, even though I've been sticking them outside during the day for the last week. Been about 55F and breezy, but they are enjoying the sunshine.

Think Different is starting to stack some buds and drop some frost. She's one of the most vigorous and resilient plants I've grown.:
20220509_075709.jpg

Mango Smile started flower at 45 days lol, shes a bush for sure. Thankfully her sativa structure is fairly open:
20220509_075726.jpg

SODK is farthest along in flower, buds are getting super frosty and thickening up :eyebrows: smells kushy and a bit dank like old sneakers lol
20220509_075732.jpg

Orange Bud finally did some stretching so it's not cabbage lol, and she's started flower. The fabric pot gave out carrying her outside and I snapped a couple lower branches in my scramble to catch it...
20220509_075735.jpg

Cuttings are doing their thing, Mango Smile is a beast:
20220509_075738.jpg

Once they get a bit bigger I'll start STS on a couple to see if I can get some seeds.

Also, finished trimming and bagged the last 3 of the Holy Man girls. They all smelled really nice, a strong classic bud smell. First up is #4, the one that refused to mature after 120 days lol:
20220503_124616.jpg
20220503_124634.jpg

Next is #8, she was the biggest and matured nicely at 120 days. Nice dense long main cola(for a 3L pot lol):
20220503_125859.jpg
20220503_125247.jpg

And last but not least, #1, she was the mutant with double leaves and super thick stems:
20220503_131240.jpg
20220503_131318.jpg

That's it for now, looking forward to some seeds in the mail to start outside :eyebrows: Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Finally took time for an update lol, been busy with spring projects.

I should probably start putting these in an outdoor thread since all the plants are now outside.

Group shot, from left to right: Think Different, Mango Smile, SODK, Orange Bud
20220523_130215.jpg

Think Different is at 70 days, buds stacking nice, probably go to 90 days or so:
20220523_094541.jpg
20220523_094614.jpg

Mango Smile at 70 days is enjoying the outdoors too, surprisingly for a Sativa the cold hasn't bothered it. Crappy picture, this camera does not do well in bright sun:
20220523_130239.jpg

SODK also 70 days, has been flowering for a while and should be done soon. All ths time outside has really fattened up the buds:
20220523_094726.jpg
20220523_094808.jpg

Last but not least, Orange Bud at 63 days. She's still really thick and bushy so I'll probably have to give one more trim. Didn't top her like the rest since she wanted to grow into a cabbage :
20220523_094437.jpg
20220523_094503.jpg

They are all doing well despite nighttime temps around 45F. The Mango Smile and Think Different are beginning to consume lower leaves even though I've top dressed twice with Dr. Earth and fed with fish emulsion a few times. That's organic growing in pots I suppose lol

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

They all look awesome!
Do you take them indoors? Or under a shelter for protection against the rain?

They all look awesome!
Do you take them indoors? Or under a shelter for protection against the rain?
Thanks! I started out carrying them outside during nice weather and back inside the tent at night or if it got too chilly. I use the term "night" loosely as we don't really have one this time if year. Just 20+ hours of daylight and a few of twilight :crying:

Once night temperatures were over 40F I started leaving them out day and night. No shelter from the rain unless its really hard which we haven't had for the last week. Really only rained a small amount a couple times and it's usually pretty low humidity here so I'm not worried about rot yet. If I was using a greenhouse that would be different, easy to get rot there.

Rarely gets above 45% here unless its actively raining. August is our rainy month usually so I may have to figure something out for the girls that go in the beds....first time growing outside here so just have to see how it goes :thumbsup:

I use the term "night" loosely as we don't really have one this time if year. Just 20+ hours of daylight and a few of twilight :crying:
That's right. You we're the one living high up north :thumbsup:

Once night temperatures were over 40F I started leaving them out day and night.
Damn, that's cold. Brrrr...

Lol ya but believe it or not, I live in one of the best places in Alaska for growing. I have much respect for folks like @trailanimal managing to grow out on the tundra or @Jraven who somehow grows photos in the perpetual gloom of SE Alaska. I lived in Sitka for a while and have know idea how he pulls that off :toke:

Finally took time for an update lol, been busy with spring projects.

I should probably start putting these in an outdoor thread since all the plants are now outside.

Group shot, from left to right: Think Different, Mango Smile, SODK, Orange Bud
View attachment 1463396

Think Different is at 70 days, buds stacking nice, probably go to 90 days or so:
View attachment 1463402View attachment 1463403

Mango Smile at 70 days is enjoying the outdoors too, surprisingly for a Sativa the cold hasn't bothered it. Crappy picture, this camera does not do well in bright sun:View attachment 1463405

SODK also 70 days, has been flowering for a while and should be done soon. All ths time outside has really fattened up the buds:
View attachment 1463407View attachment 1463408

Last but not least, Orange Bud at 63 days. She's still really thick and bushy so I'll probably have to give one more trim. Didn't top her like the rest since she wanted to grow into a cabbage :
View attachment 1463409View attachment 1463410

They are all doing well despite nighttime temps around 45F. The Mango Smile and Think Different are beginning to consume lower leaves even though I've top dressed twice with Dr. Earth and fed with fish emulsion a few times. That's organic growing in pots I suppose lol

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Nighttime Temps 10° lower for me and I live in the desert southwest. Hooda thunk?

Lol ya but believe it or not, I live in one of the best places in Alaska for growing. I have much respect for folks like @trailanimal managing to grow out on the tundra or @Jraven who somehow grows photos in the perpetual gloom of SE Alaska. I lived in Sitka for a while and have know idea how he pulls that off :toke:
Pretty mixed results here for sure but a person just has to give it a try :smoking:. Was 41F overnight in the greenhouse but it looks like we get a day and a half of sunshine:headbang:

Back