Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

Been busy
0DFCA995-9544-4153-8291-9B7F25DD2DD0.jpeg
04EDE03F-D3CD-405B-B2C7-E95F48FF44D7.jpeg
C3D910ED-7740-4FF9-8ADC-519C80977FEC.jpeg
31A8406E-D3EE-4CAF-A742-B49E56BFBD71.jpeg
:deadhorse:

10 gallons water 50 grams MC 25 grams per 5 gallon = 5 grams per gallon about to top her off with some new soil Monday and get ready for the tie down
:drunks:She's a heavy drinker mate, could be a bad influence on ya- :rofl:

>>>
Ok then, my sativas and I are in for the competition! Let's have fun! 2 Ace tropical mix and an Amnesia Haze by Linda seeds. They are all in 25lt bags. No Feedings just REALLY good soil and lots of mediterranean sun. The AH has been topped and manifolded to have 8 tops and the aces have 4 tops at the moment since they are younger. Maybe i'll go for 8 maybe I'll stay at 4.
(these pics aint great, they are mostly for the sign to be visible, better pics will soon follow.)
:greenthumb::cooldance: Excellent! We have several ACE fans here, I'll tag then in so they can enjoy some landracey action!
...fingers crossed for speedier pheno's :goodluck: ...definitely want to see you finish with at least one contender!

This girl here is certainly a monster. And has grown much larger than her mother seed plant. Her buds are forming nicely. And all is on track with this plant. She's almost touching the cage roof now has she only has about 6 in left I hope not to have to pull her over I think that her stretch is slowing down and she won't stretch
....the whole place is starting to disappear under the lushness GTG :growing:... DB has really reached up fast, you may need to kink her neck after all!

@Waira yes the move went awesome, new gig is awesome and wife is loving the new home. Did t have a lot of time until recently to really write much about my endeavors indoors as that’s not my normal mode of operation. But getting a lot better at it and also doing a Bobby’s Widow journal.

I wasn’t sure how well these girls were going to do outdoors. They stalled for about 3wks after transplant and then took off after our first day in the 80’s. Nice thing is I have barely watered. The line up is SuperAuto Sativa (I think I mixed up some seedlings) from the big cola in 2018 and Dinafem Gorillas. Their right in good ole amended dirt and top dressing organically which I typically do with my veggie garden.

Hope all is well with you too!

I have had 1 out of 8 of my auto photo crosses go full auto on me and so far I have not noticed any of my F1 auto x photo crosses to have any weird light sensitivity from changing my indoor veg to going outdoors veg with cutting the light time. I did however have a lot of trouble with HSO fast versions of Green Crack and OGKZ flowering or autoing with the light hour change. I do have a back cross with the O.G. Cheese that seems to be pretty stable but I am just testing that one out now. The more you work the genetic line the more stable you can get it and decrease or eliminate the possibility of autoflowering or light sensitivity. My understanding of a FV is that it should handle just like a photoperiod but only difference is to flower in less time. This is my first year playing with FV's so im still learning about them and with my growing technique im not sure if they will have a place in my outdoor grow but could be worth while indoors. I have read that you can expect around 25% of an F1 auto photo cross to be autoflowering. From what I have seen so far I would agree that roughly a quarter will be full auto but all of the rest that handled like photoperiods did flower much quicker than the original photoperiods that I had crossed with. I have mixed emotions so far about FV's but then again they are just another tool in the shed I just have to figure out how to use them properly.....I would imagine if I was using light dep outside they would be amazing or for my indoor grow they would probably yield better than the auto's possibly. Im not sure they are for growing big outdoors though. What are your thoughts on them? Have you bought FV's from any breeders?
I haven't bought fv,s from breeders. I'm more interested in making my own. I'm going to grow out a few this season and see how they go in full sunlight . I used a Sunshine daydream male and pollinated a Ripley og and dark devil Auto. I enjoy grow auto x photos because they don't mature all at once more of a staggered harvest throughout the outdoor season. I've only ever got them about 5 foot tall. So if like to see how big these ones get. Last time I grew skylotus X ww XXL auto. Was very happy how they turned out.

Morning all,
Put two beans in the dirt yesterday. Some Tyrone Special some kind person gifted me. Needed something quick in the beds because I am so late to the show. I do have the white christmas photos out there in pots too. Here's hoping for a speedy germ!

update DMH 6/16
-Update-
Lil' Mobstar auto 6 weeks above soil
Starting the frosting:thumbsup:
20200615_061157.jpg

I guess last weekends "drought" did do it's damage, the leaves that never stopped drooping this week are dropping off quick :doh::haha: yet the lowest fan is still green:shrug:
20200611_064128.jpg
20200615_114816.jpg

Happy growing everyone :goodluck:

update Quentin 6/16
Week 8+9 update. Been 2 weeks since my last one. All looks great on a whole. The ultimates have started flowering. So has the critical but its so tiny and sick, she's like a little bonzai lol. Non comp ultimate #3 has been getting munched on quite a bit. I've been spraying with a garlic/oil mix every few days. Pretty green in there though.
20200615_175729.jpg

^ultimate
20200615_175734.jpg

^daiquiri lime
20200615_175741.jpg

^critical
20200615_175746.jpg

^non comp ultimates. Right ones being attacked.
20200615_175749.jpg

^non comp daiquiri lime
20200615_175844.jpg

Happy growing everyone.
Q

Back