Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

update Jpkindbud 6/12
UPDATE- girls are day 46 above soil. 5 days in their final home. All are still there and alive! Woohoo! Ive seen some growth but gotta give em a couple days for transplant recovery...looks like i didn’t stress them too bad
AEEED1CF-6CDF-4367-BE8E-2E589B9A0036.jpeg
80C47E33-EBB0-42CB-9D31-CC51AD938CC3.jpeg
48E331FF-801E-497F-8753-AEA070C3B45B.jpeg
first is white widow in the bucket, then 2 nd pic is gorilla girl and lastly is alaskan purple.

Hello afn, is it too late to join in the competition? I have some nice ace sativas tropical mix photoperiods growing outdoors.Unfortunately i dont have germination photos, the plants got started in may.
IMG_20200612_153320.jpg
IMG_20200612_153328.jpg
IMG_20200612_153333.jpg

Last edited:
Update number something. Day 31: still no real growth above the 4th/5th node on either plant, but the shorter one has shown me some pistoles! Hopefully we’ll be getting the sun back again next week, it’s been grey and raining for the last 4/5 days.
:smoking:bloody roller coaster weather! it does make for bogging down, and some annoying stretching,... The look to be going into survival mode, minimal branching,.... nothing to do but grind it out Sleeper, they look good otherwise!

>>> GTG, thanks for the wet-cure process review - :thumbsup: I can't say it's something I'd want to do, I'm too much of a purist and terp' snob I guess -:rofl:
...fortunately WPM hasn't been one of the plagues I've had to deal with, just botryits which is bad enough! Fucking bud gangrene,...:cuss:
Sun dried, I'm thinking the whole branch/plant untrimmed is the key here,... those fans and larger sugar leaves are in fact shading a good part of the bud, so light/UV destruction of the terp's and cannabinoids is lessened,... A couple strains I've run take on some golden color after cure regardless, Green Poison is one of them :shrug:
My best dry result to date was when we had perfect weather for it, room stayed mid 60's ave. and 40%RH, for a whole week... terp' preservation was amazing!
Girls are starting to look like cannabis plants I guess :shrug:...
:rofl: -- looks like cannabis to me too,...:pass:
Hello afn, is it too late to join in the competition? I have some nice ace sativas tropical mix photoperiods growing outdoors.Unfortunately i dont have germination photos, the plants got started in may.
Nice, ACE Tropi-Mix! We'll let the seedling stage slide mate, as I know those girls will be months and months before they are done,... Did you read the full rules set on post #1? End of Oct. is deadline, we might be able to wiggle a week or two more if needed but that's it, so just a heads up there.... If you get long bloom cycle pheno's, you may not finish in time...:eek1:

Nice, ACE Tropi-Mix! We'll let the seedling stage slide mate, as I know those girls will be months and months before they are done,... Did you read the full rules set on post #1? End of Oct. is deadline, we might be able to wiggle a week or two more if needed but that's it, so just a heads up there.... If you get long bloom cycle pheno's, you may not finish in time...:eek1:
Thanks, I love sativas and i know that they will take months and months , hopefully one of them will be ready by the end of Oct. , if not, well thats even better harvest i guess so its a win win for me!

I just wanted to throw in the rest of the garden today for fun.... Its raining pretty bad outside and I cant do any work stuck inside so Ill post some weed pics lol..
Fist up a clone from a budy that is replacing the auto Fast Flowering Green crack
Glue X

View attachment 1200952
Fast Flowering Green Cract HSO Auto that is really bothering me its been like this in flower for like over 2weeks its acting real strange not sure whats up with this one but she has a few more weeks to show me something then im getting rid of it if it doesnt start to move The Fast OGKZ that started to flower like 2 weeks after this one is already further along
View attachment 1200953
Fast Powerhouse CBD ( ACDC CBD x Blue Cheese Auto) One of my creations Im hoping to get a pheno that hits like 12 to 14 % CBD in 8 weeks flowering time! Also some strong THC to go with it thanks to the Blue Cheese....
View attachment 1200954
HSO Fast Flowering OGKZ #2 is about a week into flower as an auto..... The other one I thought could be flowering still looks ok and I think I was just going crazy seeing shit from these other 2.... Its a big ass auto and should get me some decent weight but all in all Im completely disappointed with HSO and not sure Ill ever want to give them another try.... Hopefully its some fire smoke and thats the only thing that could change my mind at this time. This one was crossed to Dinafem Blue Cheese going for an OG Cheese Auto since I already made my own photoperiod version of that...
View attachment 1200959View attachment 1200960

Gorilla Glue Clone from a friend that is looking quite nice... She is a prayer all day! She looks pretty mean and has potential to be a heavy yielder for me outdoors...
View attachment 1200961
OG Cheese ( OG Kush x Blue Cheese Auto x Sweet Cheese photo back cross) This one is going to be a good one to toke on come harvest!
View attachment 1200963
Snow White Fast Version ( Cinderella 99 photo x Walter White Auto) This plant is cool the new top leafs that grow out are growing out purple. They turn light green after a day or 2 but as they pop out new they are completely purple not much color anywhere else on her... The Cinderella 99 I crossed with had some nice color to it I never had any of the Walter Whites put on too much color other than White Frost!!!
View attachment 1200964
Everything I am Calling a FV are F1 auto to photo crosses except for the OG Cheese which I ran and back crossed to the sweet cheese photoperiod the sweet cheese is another of my crosses which originally came from a photoperiod blue cheese x sweet cream caramel. Ill be crossing all the photoperiods out in the garden this year with Blue Widow from Dinafem...
Nice crosses matey. I done a few photo x Auto crosses I'll be trying out next Aussie season.

Well we had some floods again this week I have a creak that is about 6 ft deep rolling through my yard on both sides of the road and the road was covered with about 2 feet of water on tuesday so I would say the girls got fed a few hundred gallons of water this week.... The rain has been crazy so far this year hitting hard and dumping tons of water every time... It has actually so far been a great growing season except for the extreme flooding so quickly kinda crazy for where I am at. We usually get tornadoes or severe thunderstorms but not a ton of rain and definitely not usually flooding... The garden sure doesn't seem to mind all the sun and flash rains we have been getting though no pm on any of the girls I have been keeping them cleaned out inside though to keep the air flow moving though them. Last year I had issues with PM from getting the plants too big and not keeping them cleared out enough inside of the plant for good air flow to move through them.

Well we had some floods again this week I have a creak that is about 6 ft deep rolling through my yard on both sides of the road and the road was covered with about 2 feet of water on tuesday so I would say the girls got fed a few hundred gallons of water this week.... The rain has been crazy so far this year hitting hard and dumping tons of water every time... It has actually so far been a great growing season except for the extreme flooding so quickly kinda crazy for where I am at. We usually get tornadoes or severe thunderstorms but not a ton of rain and definitely not usually flooding... The garden sure doesn't seem to mind all the sun and flash rains we have been getting though no pm on any of the girls I have been keeping them cleaned out inside though to keep the air flow moving though them. Last year I had issues with PM from getting the plants too big and not keeping them cleared out enough inside of the plant for good air flow to move through them.
I seen on the news the weather over there. Floods on the east and fire warnings on the west. Do you find most of the auto x photo crosses start flowering slot earlier than a normal photo period. I found that half started flowering a month after sprouting outdoors while the rest finished as the normal photoperiod females just started flowering

Back