Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

:bighug: Me too mate! :passit: You and your hefty ladiezz are truly missed in this Comp!.... It's weird not having you in,...:dammit:
I'll be in the mix next week I think, just another node or two for the photo girls and it's transplant time to final home, this weekend is the plan...
Time to test that KIS Nutrient pack soil :woohoo1:

Cool beans GTG! I've seen several pics of "mystery resin" blobs that were in fact sap, most were deep amber to reddish... One guy tasted it-- as expected, sweet! That is some fat-phat brix happening :coffee: ..... very good to see the Green Goddess shed some love on yah with that seed!

I think she's caught in the switches Jean-O, she can't decide if it's reveg' or bloom time... I'm not surprised at this reaction if she's an FV that went partly auto. As mentioned, some can be super sensitive to the light/dark hour changes, and this one is something of a misfire... The bitch is you can't tell that until it's growing and exposed! :cuss:

Did you get in touch with Mark? This is something they should know about! Either you have been very very unlucky, or their work on the Fast Versions needs better tuning... You know I'm a big fan of FV's, and when sideways stuff like this happens it's sets their (all FV's) whole reputation back!
Great to see you my good friend! Maybe next season I can buddy!

:wiz: @smokeyfromau -- mate you're making Winter magic there! They look fantastic, I was just at your thread in fact - :greenthumb:...forgot to mention, that cart is a cool ride Grow Daddy! :pimp:

'Haze can amaze, I think you're going to be shakin' your money-maker come harvest time! Imagine what the SLH would have done in huge pot during prime season time = :growing:... aroma possibility is making me drool, lemony/incense/floral is a delish' combo!
... BBK is robust as she should be, another solid grow on her,... LH has my pervy-eye though :rofl:
Hey @Waira Thanks mate hope the magic will run into spring and summer, so i need more magic dust maybe :rofl: They love their Grow Daddy carts - nice for drainage, we can town the smaller carts also and its a canna train then :hookah::frog:If i was picky, noticed a few brown spots on some leaves of SLH. Plan on growing her in prime season for sure. I got her in a 3pack, same as LH and BBK., they are doing well i winter, which shows the climate is not that cold, but summer true they would be almost twice the height, as the sun is more intense maybe 10 hours or so of light hours vs 6/7 of winter direct. I loveeeeeeeed SLH auto, she was a sick plant and still was sooo nice drool thinking of her:drool: BBK a shorter thick set girl, but should be good with her bud sites on top. LH as a strong performer from the get go, she's a fiesty girl and sounds like a good mix with SLH

Sleeper143 update 12/6
@Waira
Update number something. Day 31: still no real growth above the 4th/5th node on either plant, but the shorter one has shown me some pistoles! Hopefully we’ll be getting the sun back again next week, it’s been grey and raining for the last 4/5 days.
FF61007F-7282-4891-85C1-EAC351CA42DB.jpeg
A6EAEBAF-54D3-4859-A641-7F128C3BC793.jpeg
07FBAE4A-F6B9-47EA-835E-29DC27BE782C.jpeg

:wiz: @smokeyfromau -- mate you're making Winter magic there! They look fantastic, I was just at your thread in fact - :greenthumb:...forgot to mention, that cart is a cool ride Grow Daddy! :pimp:

'Haze can amaze, I think you're going to be shakin' your money-maker come harvest time! Imagine what the SLH would have done in huge pot during prime season time = :growing:... aroma possibility is making me drool, lemony/incense/floral is a delish' combo!
... BBK is robust as she should be, another solid grow on her,... LH has my pervy-eye though :rofl:

>>> GTG, interesting on the water cure! I think some of the terpenes are at least partly water soluble? The relation to that and ice water extracted kief rings a bell, the difference between that and dry sift/dry ice methods and the terpene profile changes,....

Gotta say I surprised by the Sun-dry buds! Contrary to what I've learned (light/heat exposure), though it's done that way in certain other old world countries...
Live, test, learn! :eyebrows:

Stall-outs, I get those on occasion too,... Freebies anymore - :finger: ... I've had more fragg' out on me than have ever worked out, save from Mephisto! They give you prime stock, fun crosses that are typical gold as anything in the catalog... At this point with limitations on what I can grow, they don't serve me well in any case, too many other cultivars are the Do-List to fiddlefuck around with unpicked ones!
Ahh, you got actual GDP seeds, that's what I was asking earlier,... I haven't looked at their line-up lately,... still want to try Honeydew! I've wondered for a while if it was named after a fly-speck town deep in the Humboldt Hills South of Eureka,... Back in the mid '80's I was in college at HSU, and my local friend's Dad was part of a grow consortium up there,.. Honeydew is where the grow property and dry/storage shed was :eyebrows: .... We'd drive up there in hard times, Pete had a 3gal mayo jar that he'd load up with pilfered buds while I hid in the car in the bushes - :crying:....fun times! Gods I wish I had some of those choice cultivars now, hardly see the likes anymore.... Awesome Indica types, super fat squat calyxes, really wide leaves, beefy stems, fantastic aromas,... "Halloween" was a beloved one, fruity-candy aroma. light green/orange pistils, frosty as hell.... fab' head and body high! All made by real deal hippies who cared - :rofl: :bow:
Hey there buddy I love the story man of the shed that's great pilfering some weed :rofl::haha::shrug:
I love that.

Hey man on that water curing.
So I was reading about that and a buddy of mine said he knew a guy that had tried it a few times and they liked it. And wounder if I've done it. So went to the books. I was reading up on it to find out what it was all about before I attempted it. So I made sure I knew how to do it right.

The method I used the 5 day water cure... but there's a 7-day water cure and as well a 3 day.
I have not tried those. And there might be a difference in the length of days and the final outcome. I've only done the 5 day.
So the process I understand is the help you get your product cured quicker and there's another alternative motives to this that I found out. It's used as a powdery mildew Lift-Off for your product. So what I understand is after I got educated at it. The water and time lifts the powdery mildew off the soaking weed. And that does work for sure.

So the process to it

1st
Manicure your weed same as you would regularly before drying at anytime.
2nd
Put the product in a bucket that will allow you the fully immerse the weed in the water.
3rd
Cover the weed with the distilled water or Rainwater or filtered natural spring water.
4th
Let the product stay immersed in the water for 24 hours.
5th
Repeat 2,3,4 this process every 24 hours for 3 days 5 days or 7 days. And then dry and cure as normally as you would any other time.

So change the water every 24 hours with fresh water and don't use tap water. Use distilled water or Rainwater. I used Rainwater.

So the process went for me.
I Put the trimmed Bud into a 5 gallon bucket of the Rainwater I put a top over the bucket. Let it sit for 24 hours and then change the water out. I screened the water out I screened the water in.
I suppose you could use filtered water or natural spring water. But I think the whole idea of using the distilled water was not to introduce any other foreign minerals to the process.
So at the end of the five days of changing the water daily. Then I dried and cured as normal. The product came out Dark Brown and smell different and of course I explain the taste difference in the final product. But the buzz or high that we gathered from all the folks that we consulted with. LoL My wife made cards out for everybody and OMG it was quite scientific for a bunch of stoners :smokeout::pass::cheers::baked::dizzy::pimp::drunks::smoker1::jointman: LOL...but the cards all had questions on them. Each question had a rating from 1 to 10 one being least preferable 10 being the most preferable. And this is how we came up with the test results. I do this every year at Harvest Time. To get a feel for what I need to grow next.
I thought about trying this water cure process as an experimentation at Harvest Time with the 3day 5 day and 7 Day with an oz of each strain I run this season.

Right
The sun dried.
That Is contrary to what everybody believes. But that's old-school ancient history drying processes.
Colombian gold...
Acapulco Gold...
Their gold color came from one reason.... they were all sun-dried.
I know that now from experience that all of the weed that that I got in the 70s n early 80s was sun-dried.
So last year's sun dried came out golden in color. And it was beautiful all of them beautiful buds hanging in the sun.
But some of the stuff that I sun-dried was just buds that fell off and I hung them on the cage roof and forgot about them. Some of that stuff sat out there for weeks in fact some until fall and were found when I was dismantling the cage and found them hanging there :haha::dizzy:. And they still come out great....So go figure that out :shrug::vibe::rofl:
So shit I don't know what to tell anybody man....other than it works. Maybe I'll try it on a whole plant.
20170924_160712.jpg
:coffee::pass:

Last edited:
Sorry for the absence the last week or so mates, usually winter is a pretty quiet time for me but this year it's been a little bit hectic :doh:...everyone's plants are looking fantastic :bow:.... @smokeyfromau your killing it this winter mate, great job so far:toke:. Keep it up and you'll be swimming in herb by the time summer even gets here :help::woohoo:.

the green bandit update 12/6
Girls are starting to look like cannabis plants I guess :shrug:..... outside in the sun of a day and back in under lights of an evening. I think I'll keep doing that for another couple of weeks until they go outside full time to flower...or until I start forgetting to bring them in, which ever comes first :coffee2:. Been feeding advanced nutrients grow, bloom and micro at half strength and foliar feeding with cal/mag and kelp every couple of days.
20200612_105143.jpg

Sorry for the absence the last week or so mates, usually winter is a pretty quiet time for me but this year it's been a little bit hectic :doh:...everyone's plants are looking fantastic :bow:.... @smokeyfromau your killing it this winter mate, great job so far:toke:. Keep it up and you'll be swimming in herb by the time summer even gets here :help::woohoo:.
Thanks GB mate ! Yes should have good late winter/spring bud, this time and hope to be swimming in bud, better than always running low :pass: :woohoo: :woohoo1:

Back