Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

Hi guys,
I’m new around here first time grower at that too! I purchased some seeds from barneys farm. They are autoflowering wedding cake and zkittlez. I’ve never tried growing anything before so wish me luck! They are outdoors and 4 days old. Just wanted an opinion on how you think they are doing? Also the golden question that probably gets asked a million times, if they are kept outdoors what sort of yield would I be looking at? I’ve heard too many rumours hence why I joined here. Only used root stimulant on them so far and have some bio bloom for later. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike
73752484-8FC6-4D53-9ED7-FBCF4718AD44.jpeg

037044CF-62B3-4359-B7F1-B2949E1F2DE3.jpeg
A1CD7D73-7EDE-47AE-98D1-FDEA3676293C.jpeg
6A64F4B4-AE37-4B54-9226-0F43DBC6C40C.jpeg

Hi guys,
I’m new around here first time grower at that too! I purchased some seeds from barneys farm. They are autoflowering wedding cake and zkittlez. I’ve never tried growing anything before so wish me luck! They are outdoors and 4 days old. Just wanted an opinion on how you think they are doing? Also the golden question that probably gets asked a million times, if they are kept outdoors what sort of yield would I be looking at? I’ve heard too many rumours hence why I joined here. Only used root stimulant on them so far and have some bio bloom for later. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike
View attachment 1199838
View attachment 1199839View attachment 1199840View attachment 1199841
:smoking: Hey Mike! Welcome to AFN :pass:

So, for your first run ever it's a pretty steep learning curve, but getting the basics down should see you to a decent harvest... Nobody can say what your yield will be, that depends on a great many things... Your pot size and nutrients are primary determinants, Sun hours and temp's a close second...Plant genetics/behavior big factors too,...
What soil are they in? They will need veg' and bloom nutes unless you have a "super soil", aka water-only, but I gather that's not the case here.
Knowing your water is important! pH, EC/TDS (ppm) hardness is a big deal if you have very hard water, loaded with mineral CaCO3. this can drive pH out of range eventually...
And pH, in-pot that is, matters hugely! nutrients are available in only a limited range, if that get out of it some will become unavailable for uptake... Look into a good soil pH probe; the Accurate 8 (CPW) is a decent unit, mine has served well... More $$ Blue Labs model is very nice too, but works in an entirely different way, same as a pH meter (liquids only)... Soil pH about 6.4 give or take a few tenths is the sweet spot range.
A pH meter will help you make sure your feed inputs are in the right pH range, this will help keep in-pot in better stability as well,... this is a touchy instrument, and needs proper care! Otherwise it goes out of calibration, or get ruined.... Storage solution, and calibration solutions 7.0, and 4.0 preferably to keep it dialed in,... Most manufacturers have good info at their websites on this (Blue Labs, HM, et al).....
Anyway, lots to learn, but having the right tools and proper cannabis nutes is a solid start... Consider starting a grow thread in New Growers section! This is a Competition thread, so we don't want to clutter it up too much with off-topic stuff... :biggrin:
Poke around the nutrients section too and check out some nute lines to try.... research makes all the difference mate, gotta put your homework time in!

Xena Day 3 :smoking:

20200606_210318.jpg

clozin out her day under the porch lite, after gettin about 8h of direct 89f sun today :cool1: so far, so good, choo-choo! :headbang: ppp

cropped-logo-5.png
unnamed (4).jpg

:smoking: Hey Mike! Welcome to AFN :pass:

So, for your first run ever it's a pretty steep learning curve, but getting the basics down should see you to a decent harvest... Nobody can say what your yield will be, that depends on a great many things... Your pot size and nutrients are primary determinants, Sun hours and temp's a close second...Plant genetics/behavior big factors too,...
What soil are they in? They will need veg' and bloom nutes unless you have a "super soil", aka water-only, but I gather that's not the case here.
Knowing your water is important! pH, EC/TDS (ppm) hardness is a big deal if you have very hard water, loaded with mineral CaCO3. this can drive pH out of range eventually...
And pH, in-pot that is, matters hugely! nutrients are available in only a limited range, if that get out of it some will become unavailable for uptake... Look into a good soil pH probe; the Accurate 8 (CPW) is a decent unit, mine has served well... More $$ Blue Labs model is very nice too, but works in an entirely different way, same as a pH meter (liquids only)... Soil pH about 6.4 give or take a few tenths is the sweet spot range.
A pH meter will help you make sure your feed inputs are in the right pH range, this will help keep in-pot in better stability as well,... this is a touchy instrument, and needs proper care! Otherwise it goes out of calibration, or get ruined.... Storage solution, and calibration solutions 7.0, and 4.0 preferably to keep it dialed in,... Most manufacturers have good info at their websites on this (Blue Labs, HM, et al).....
Anyway, lots to learn, but having the right tools and proper cannabis nutes is a solid start... Consider starting a grow thread in New Growers section! This is a Competition thread, so we don't want to clutter it up too much with off-topic stuff... :biggrin:
Poke around the nutrients section too and check out some nute lines to try.... research makes all the difference mate, gotta put your homework time in!
Hi and thanks so much for your reply I have now posted another thread in the newbie section. Thanks again for the detailed response I very much appreciate it I have gone more in to detail of my grow in that thread if you care to take a look.

My first round even in the face of rain is doing ok!!!!hoping every one is growing well!!!
20200606_185102.jpg
20200606_185056.jpg

entry Green Hornet 6/7
Alright into the great outdoors. Hope there is room for my genetic anomaly (Partially White Black Domina) and a Stardawg.

Attachments

• paper.JPG
    paper.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Partially white Black Domina.JPG
    Partially white Black Domina.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Stardawg.JPG
    Stardawg.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 34
Back