Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

I'd be out there shaking the rain off em and blasting with a leaf blower :wall:

Haha, except then every cyclist, runner, granny and papa walking their dog in the park is going to be thinking:
"What's that girl doing out there, standing in the long grass, with a leaf blower...."
Gotta have ninja skills where I'm growing.
Katana scissors, shuriken stakes, okay, but no leaf-blowers...
They'll be good. These girls have grown up in the wild.

Yeah?! Have any journals here?
I'd love to hear how others deal with the seasons outdoors.
Temps are all good, but the rains and typhoons vs the sunshine, getting the timing right is critical.
My present ideal for autos is start around late April, veg through the rains of May, then flower in the sun of June before typhoons + sun in July.
Except these ones are going longer than anticipated, already into typhoon season.... eekkk!!!!
Yes I have a few journals but some are missing from a few years back. You got the right idea. I have dealt with some seasonal issues by growing in moveable 4-7 gal pots.

Haha, except then every cyclist, runner, granny and papa walking their dog in the park is going to be thinking:
"What's that girl doing out there, standing in the long grass, with a leaf blower...."

:crying: ppp

update SmokeyfromAu 8/4
Gotta have ninja skills where I'm growing.
Katana scissors, shuriken stakes, okay, but no leaf-blowers...
They'll be good. These girls have grown up in the wild.
That sounds funny, lol thinking of you standing with the leaf blower on the grass, the Thai she probably is used to the rain than Jacky. Sure hope you dont get that Typhoon, least it skirted you. Maybe some clear transparent top for them that the people can not see

----------
@Waira

Update, auto she is not so good the PM seems to be causing trouble and then the spray caused bud root and her whole top sort of wilted so i cut it off.

Other offerings , have in some way picked up with the organic 5in1 with added PK. Sooon will be leaving out the higher N 5in1 and back to Canna Flores

Week 6 today for them

Liberty Haze
P1270976.JPG

facing the sun
P1270981.JPG

I hope to do the same training with the next grows, wait till the 6th node before topping and then wait a bit and do a final crop

Super Lemon Haze
P1270965.JPG

That sounds funny, lol thinking of you standing with the leaf blower on the grass, the Thai she probably is used to the rain than Jacky. Sure hope you dont get that Typhoon, least it skirted you. Maybe some clear transparent top for them that the people can not see

----------
@Waira

Update, auto she is not so good the PM seems to be causing trouble and then the spray caused bud root and her whole top sort of wilted so i cut it off.

Other offerings , have in some way picked up with the organic 5in1 with added PK. Sooon will be leaving out the higher N 5in1 and back to Canna Flores

Week 6 today for them

Liberty Haze
View attachment 1220458

facing the sun
View attachment 1220459

I hope to do the same training with the next grows, wait till the 6th node before topping and then wait a bit and do a final crop

Super Lemon Haze
View attachment 1220460
Too bad about the top. Shoot I like those carts

update dabber 8/4
@Waira update did some more tie down :cooldance:lets see how she responds will update again this weekend
20200804_191615.jpg
20200804_191623.jpg
20200804_191701.jpg
20200804_191707.jpg

Attachments

• 20200804_191615.jpg
    20200804_191615.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 20200804_191707.jpg
    20200804_191707.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20200804_191701.jpg
    20200804_191701.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 37

Week 6 today for them
:passit: hey mate, how ya doing?
...hmmmm, I figured that troubled auto was going to be weak, hopefully you can fend off the rots from here out...:doh:... ironic, the spray making it worse, but if she didn't dry thoroughly by dark, that's a recipe for disaster,.. or maybe it didn't mate, could be it would have regardless... Keep in mind the spores are already there, buried in the bud, just waiting for the environmental cues to line up and activate it! :cuss:
As expected they ate them fans like chips! But upside, with them gone the inner buds are better exposed... and buds are coming along well - :d5:
Do you have a camera to do some night time flash pics (won't bug them a bit, far too short in duration)? Buds show best like this....
Keep on the feeds, and some N in there is good, they need it; as long as the PK numbers are 2-3x higher than the N you'll be OK! Keep the micro's coming regularly too, those are immobile and a steady low level supply is always best....

@Mustang92 :growing:Wooooo! Nice privacy hedge! That came outta no

where,..... I've been remiss, should have tagged you for updates sooner,... last one was 6/29? Anyway, check in with updates more often, 3/month is the minimum to be fair to the rest of the Comp'ers :thumbsup:
@Waira update did some more tie down
:cooldance:
lets see how she responds will update again this weekend
:crying:
A wrestling match as predicted!

:cuss: bugger and fek! ...good spot 'drew, definitely a save,... I took my OD Creeper the other day because of the same thing, it had gotten into the main stem and would have traveled the vascular system to invade more spots! If you had some cooler humid nights, that's usually the kicker,... With some luck you'll have cleared out the infected tissues and halted it mostly! It's like gangrene, right? If you have some Optic Foliar ATAK and Transport, you can spray it on the infected sites after clearing and it'll shut that shit down... only if it's deeper into the vascular path will it not stop it, but localized area should be good!
ROG is a throw-back rudi' finky pheno' I think, but tons of resin so extracts should be plenty good...

ChemD and MS are freakin' loaded! :drool:
..... Mate, get me some pics of that phat carnivore bowl there! :clapper:

Well had to take both the Hubbabubbahaze and Chemdogging down today (day 75) as I found a few more bits of rot before and during trimming. Both will be going towards bubble hash. Forgot to take a good picture of the HBHz buds but they look pretty nice, really frosty. Chemdogging was extremely frosty and made my gloves really greasy/oily rather than the traditional sticky like HBHz was. Do you know if this is common with Chemdogging? Never seen that before. Both plants were probably another 10-14 days from being truly ready with just some cloudy trichomes near the top buds. Also took down that small mango smile as it had trichs going amber, this one was planned for hash all along.

Definitely is the cool humid nights here. Checked the humidity the last few nights and its been high 70s low 80s. Haven't seen any dew or anything on the grass but thats gotta be it. Never heard of Optic Foliar before but looks like good stuff. Found a local place that sells it (apparently called Optic Foliar Elium now or maybe just here in Canada) so I'll look to grab some of that. Can you use it directly on the buds as a preventative or how would you recommend using? Ya that ROG is a weird one but smells amazing and is covered in trichs. Looks like its going to go at least another 3 weeks and hopefully stays rot free since its so airy lol. Ill keep a few buds for smoking if it can last that long.

Couple pictures here. Ill get a few better pics of the carnivorous bowl next couple days but they're still stuck in pots until I finish moving later this month.
Hubbabubbahaze
nmW95yS.jpg

a305whj.jpg

Chemdogging
7BSCoYJ.jpg

ESmWtbu.jpg

SJvBWO4.jpg

Back