Photography The Macro Thread

@Mossy WOW, I was just looking at that specific model of powershot,YUP,thats a nice one indeed. a straight up point n shoot deal.hard to mess up too. I found some really really nice tips n tricks video FOR that specific make of camera. also in the one video they talk about light shading. buy a cheap diffusion cloth or a small hand help pre made lioght softening and diffusion cloth to spread and soften the light up some and make the macro shots(or any brightly shot stills) look FAAAARRRR superior. just lemme know if your interested at all n ill send you a PM or post them here. Hope all is well n take it Easy Mossy :) *hugz*

hellz yeah @Mossy thats a nice wee piece of gear eh?! thought you would like it. a true point n shoot camera with quality AND some good small macro shots too. once practice sets in?! daaaamn yer gonna be full bore kicking ass on them macros LOL!

Yeah..the cheapest I could find them on Amazon was £189..so it was a Great Saving..:headbang:..

@Mossy this one and the fourth one are possibly the best two for you maybe? all of them are short and useful. hope they help some.

Cheers...as soon as I get the chance I'll have a look..:headbang:..I want to get the macros right for trics..

look FAAAARRRR superior. just lemme know if your interested at all n ill send you a PM or post them here. Hope all is well n take it Easy Mossy :) *hugz*

Much Appreciated..:bighug:..cheers for hunting them down for me...:bighug:..I'd Love to get some good water droplet shots..Instant photo appeal..even me weeds look good with morning dew on..:coffee:
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0487.JPG

:coffee:

Dew drops? Careful!....they can get addictive trying to get cool refractions as the focal point.

But just in case you want to have a play a dripping tap and some bright colourful background material is as much a rite of passage as back-lit leaves and bees on flowers for macro photographers. None of it is easy but it's all good experience.
:pass:

Playing with stacking the macros, and flash angles. I put velcro around my flash a long time ago for a diffuser, but can't find it. I found that a dryer sheet sticks perfectly to the velcro, and diffuses pretty well, two would be even better.

red solOG kush. 1 week flowers

_IGP0290.JPG

Attachments

• _IGP0288.JPG
    _IGP0288.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 57
  • _IGP0291.JPG
    _IGP0291.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 45
Playing with stacking the macros, and flash angles. I put velcro around my flash a long time ago for a diffuser, but can't find it. I found that a dryer sheet sticks perfectly to the velcro, and diffuses pretty well, two would be even better.

I use coffee filter, or cut milk jug to fit over pop up flash or hand held flash

Few more of my messed up Blue Himalaya (different strain to Himalaya Blue Diesel BTW)....
full

bh0103-2.jpg

bh0103-3.jpg

:pass:

PS. When putting diffusers or whatever over flashes make sure it's not right up against the clear plastic protecting the bulb as it can get discoulered by heat and ruin the flashgun. Or so I hear anyway:thumbsup:

Back