Indoor THC Bomb Auto Fem / Pro-Mix / HID Grow For Noobs

I wasn't going to mention this because in the big picture Love and Peace will reign. I actually stopped my vehicle in traffic and made him get out.......:rolleyes1:
Hahaha! Ripping on someone's canna babies is a no no. Especially the ones that put a lot of love effort and time into them.

I landed here at AFN quickly myself, fortunately.

Since, I have come across other Groups when fishing the net for information. I have been shocked be the ripping that goes on at other sites. If you are new, you can quickly get run-off or humiliated by folks at most sites.

As mentioned by @Dudeski, the environment at AFN is one of education and friendship; not one of "WHO IS THE BEST." Heck, even at the BOM competition it is all friendly....for the most part...he, he, he.....
I agree. I've been to a couple of sites before I took the plunge, and this site is the only one that truly caught my interest. To meet others as humble as I am, is such a wonderful thing. It's rare. There's too much hatred in the world. The Internet has no bounds. I'm fine with a small circle of great people.

Since I am now officially

(I saw this one live while trippin........)

I suppose I could add a couple of more tid bits about our favorite little weed. I need to fill a bowl of hash and grab a beer anyway so while I'm up I'll take a pic and explain a few things I learned in my world along the way....

BRB :hookah:

Last edited:
Ok... two things to show you in the pic below... the first thing is early signs of simple nute burn, the very tip of the leaf turning yellow.

I'm have been running 2X the factory recommended strength to push and torture these girls to see how this strain reacts so I knew this would happen eventually. I was just getting ready to go to 3X but now i will hold off a bit longer on that.

If everything else is cool just back off your nutes a bit. And you want to catch it very early as shown in the pic or you can fry and crisp your leaves.

These are 4 heavy drinkers and they handle nutes well to have made it this long.

20160528_182846-1-1.jpg

The second thing that I wanted to show is something that will happen to you eventually and when it does you will search the net for it and you will find 36,000 different answers... but all of them will be wrong as this is not real common, but if you grow long enough it will happen to you eventually.

Notice how the leaves are folding upwards... like they are cupping up the length of both sides from the center. Cupping lengthwise so there are still fairly flat looking.....

This is called canoeing but some refer to it as tacoing. And it can progress to the point where the leaves just fold up lengthwise.

Catch it early as shown in the pic.

This is caused by 2 things generally. Your light is too close and you have a bit more airflow than you want right at that exact spot.

It generally happens on Sativa Dom strains or phenos more often, but it can happen on any.

And it usually shows on new growth first.

Just raise your light a bit and move the fan that is hitting that exact area a tiny bit in any direction and it will clear up in 3 or 4 days.

Basically this is the plants way of protecting itself when you force the old circulatory system into overdrive (learn the basics of how this weed draws up from the roots and that little comment will make sense and also help you read plants better)

Yeah, I know, I make ya do research instead of just telling you straight out.... it sux... have fun learning though ! :eyebrows:

Occasionally it can be caused just by your light being too close, even if your Temps are fine. But in most cases it is a light and wind combo problem.

Either way, your light has to be raised a bit.

SMOKE BREAK

Now where did I put my damn hash pipe ?

:frog:

Last edited:
Since I am now officially

(I saw this one live while trippin........)

I suppose I could add a couple of more tid bits about our favorite little weed. I need to fill a bowl of hash and grab a beer anyway so while I'm up I'll take a pic and explain a few things I learned in my world along the way....

BRB :hookah:

That had to have been epic. I was born in the wrong Era clearly.

Ok... two things to show you in the pic below... the first thing is early signs of simple nute burn, the very tip of the leaf turning yellow.

I'm have been running 2X the factory recommended strength to push and torture these girls to see how this strain reacts so I knew this would happen eventually. I was just getting ready to go to 3X but now i will hold off a bit longer on that.

If everything else is cool just back off your nutes a bit. And you want to catch it very early as shown in the pic or you can fry and crisp your leaves.

These are 4 heavy drinkers and they handle nutes well to have made it this long.

View attachment 576096

The second thing that I wanted to show is something that will happen to you eventually and when it does you will search the net for it and you will find 36,000 different answers... but all of them will be wrong as this is not real common, but if you grow long enough it will happen to you eventually.

Notice how the leaves are folding upwards... like they are cupping up the length of both sides from the center. Cupping lengthwise so there are still fairly flat looking.....

This is called canoeing but some refer to it as tacoing. And it can progress to the point where the leaves just fold up lengthwise.

Catch it early as shown in the pic.

This is caused by 2 things generally. Your light is too close and you have a bit more airflow than you want right at that exact spot.

It generally happens on Sativa Dom strains or phenos more often, but it can happen on any.

And it usually shows on new growth first.

Just raise your light a bit and move the fan that is hitting that exact area a tiny bit in any direction and it will clear up in 3 or 4 days.

Basically this is the plants way of protecting itself when you force the old circulatory system into overdrive (learn the basics of how this weed draws up from the roots and that little comment will make sense and also help you read plants better)

Yeah, I know, I make ya do research instead of just telling you straight out.... it sux... have fun learning though ! :eyebrows:

Occasionally it can be caused just by your light being too close, even if your Temps are fine. But in most cases it it a light and wind combo problem.

Either way, your light has to be raised a bit.

SMOKE BREAK

Now where did I put my damn hash pipe ?

:frog:
I've had my leaves start to do that. I raised my lights and it went away. I was confused because I thought leds couldn't do that, but they sure can!

I've had my leaves start to do that. I raised my lights and it went away. I was confused because I thought leds couldn't do that, but they sure can!

Any light can do it and it's not always heat related.

I got mine to do that for everyone while at 22" but with higher air flow.

Always move the light first, but it never hurts to knudge your fan a tiny bit.

Any light can do it and it's not always heat related.

I got mine to do that for everyone while at 22" but with higher air flow.

Always move the light first, but it never hurts to knudge your fan a tiny bit.
I keep them on the first setting and make sure the youngest ones only jiggle a little. I was playing that video and singing it I'm in my grow room and my husband walked by and said "you jamming out in there babe?" Hahaha

Back