Indoor THC Bomb Auto Fem / Pro-Mix / HID Grow For Noobs

@HashMaster i believe being able to read your plants is one of the most valuable things to know how to do in growing... im glad you are gonna include this for ppl that dont know about it!

Agreed. Once you can read plants you can do most anything to these weeds that you want.

Then you can have the fun of manipulating them to do what you want much easier and with a better yield as well.

This is great for me. I am dealing with this right now.

I recently moved a group of gals from Veg to Flower tent; I keep a flow, stashing up for the apocalypse.
The gals are 30 days old. I have them about 12" off my 1000W HPS.
Yesterday my friend was riding me about moving the light closer, I did not. Most charts say around 11" - 12" at closet.
I now have heat stress.
I see you are at 20" for a similar age. Do you stay at 20" or move closer after flowering is more developed?

:slap:

I'm actually moving them around a lot.

Sometimes several times a day as I'm playing with the stretch at this stage.

For distances with 1000W you never want to be closer than 18"

I prefer 20" for the closest myself if im not playing around as you can get 2" of growth in a day with autos.

So unless you want to be constantly adjusting your light height like I am right now on purpose 20" just works better for a set height.

Even if Temps are fine at 12" you still shouldn't go closer than 18" with a 1000W as you can bleach the tops.

Get closer than 18" with a 1000 and you can start to have a detrimental effect on leaf development, or bud and resin production.

You can actually make an albino bud if you want to by running a 1000 close enough.

Albino buds suk....

Last edited:
A pic of yellow stickies in case anybody ever reads this that wonders what they are....

Yellow attracts critters. Place these around your grow room and you will know about potential critter problems before they turn into critter headaches.

20160526_220441-1.jpg

Now I better send Ralphie out to get me a beer

Spider_insect_q3.gif

I'm actually moving them around a lot.

Sometimes several times a day as I'm playing with the stretch at this stage.

For distances with 1000W you never want to be closer than 18"

I prefer 20" for the closest myself if im not playing around as you can get 2" of growth in a day with autos.

So unless you want to be constantly adjusting your light height like I am right now on purpose 20" just works better for a set height.

Even if Temps are fine at 12" you still shouldn't go closer than 18" with a 1000W as you can bleach the tops.

Get closer than 18" with a 1000 and you can start to have a detrimental effect on bud and resin production.

You can actually make an albino bud if you want to by running a 1000 close enough.

Albino buds suk....

"you can get 2" of growth in a day with autos."

Light set at 12" and a nice growth day is exactly what happened!!!!!

"you can get 2" of growth in a day with autos."

Light set at 12" and a nice growth day is exactly what happened!!!!!

True, thats the problem.... but you would have had the exact same growth if you had been at 20" but without the possible harmful side effects if every thing else stayed constant.....

Just like everything else though there are variables involved so I better clear that up...

18" is the closest you want to run a 1000W HPS bulb assuming it is a brand new good quality proper spectrum bulb.

Cheap bulb, kinda sorta right spectrum, or a used bulb you can get away with closer.

I haven't bleached a plant in decades so I don't have any pics. I think I'll go see if I can find one on the net...

(IE: SMOKE BREAK...... :jointman: )

Ok, found an albino bud pic.....

You can actually do a lot more (not heat related) damage than this by running a 1000W HPS too close.

This is just a weird looking example that many don't know about.

cannabis-light-bleaching-white-bud-tip-1.jpg

Ok, found an albino bud pic.....

You can actually do a lot more (not heat related) damage than this by running a 1000W HPS too close.

This is just a weird looking example that many don't know about.

View attachment 575217

I am surprised this did not happen to me with my Round 1.

I had serious ambient temp issues under the hood because of exhaust issues.

Back