Lighting Testing, testing.

Great stuff step. Can't wait to see your results and determine what u like best. Is there anything in particular you were looking for purchasing the amare? Just trying to get equivalent results with less power or were u looking for more resin and dense bud? Just throwing some questions out to help with the report lol

Well Pete, its all of that. I'd been looking to upgrade for a while, but was really drawn to the cheaper LEDs cuz well that's all I could afford. Then I started looking at the high end lights"EXPENSIVE" but goddam look at some plants under Grownorthen lights.
Tang is growing beasts under 150w, to bad they don't come w a US plug.
Then looper and Jay came around with the Amares, they looked like nice lights and alot of guys were starting to use them.
Truth be told... I hit a jackpot on a 1¢ slot machine... So. I bought an Amare figuring I could test it out and see if I could pull off growing LED to save money and with the added ir and uvb maybe get a little more quality into my bud.

^^^and that my friends is how we got here testing this light! Lol I'm looking into more expensive lights myself but am very scared to dive into anything just yet lol plus who knows what will hit the market in the next 3 months. Talk of a new GN product. COB becoming very large. Production of IR and UVB chips increases add demand increases and price decreases. ...this year should hold a lot in the grow world. Steady advancing. Do u find the light to b pretty evenly dispersed? What distance is it from the canopy?

Yeah, it has nice even coverage. I got it hanging about 28" from the canopy. I hung it on 4 individual ratchets so can tip it a little on the corners if I have to.
The uvb light has its own cord so it can be put to a timer but I'm not sure how long to run it. Maybe a true LED grower might have a little insight for me??

Yeah, it has nice even coverage. I got it hanging about 28" from the canopy. I hung it on 4 individual ratchets so can tip it a little on the corners if I have to.
The uvb light has its own cord so it can be put to a timer but I'm not sure how long to run it. Maybe a true LED grower might have a little insight for me??
ive got all my lights on individual ratchets gives you a bit more head room I think @loopy looper runs his for as long as his light is on I'm sure he will drop by to tell you :pass:

Ahaha!
The tagging system works great here lol!
Ok you'll hear some say on only for a couple hours a day, some say 15 min on 15 min off consecutively all day.
I just leave mine all all day with the light lol.
Some say it makes the plants not grow as much with the uvb on always cause it's in constant protect mode. I've not noticed any such issues, only issue I've noticed so far is my fuggin trimming scissors Gummin up every 3 minutes from the trichs. Haha!

This is what they look like now
IMG_20160206_175621868.jpg

IMG_20160206_175627268.jpg

IMG_20160206_175655569.jpg

IMG_20160206_175718651.jpg

Let's see what a couple weeks does for them

So you've noticed a Pretty big change in them since u put them under the amare products?

Back