Soil testing questions - need advice

Info about the issue would help tremendously. To me it seems hard to see soil making it all the way through veg with no issues whatsoever, then go bad in flower.

Info about the issue would help tremendously. To me it seems hard to see soil making it all the way through veg with no issues whatsoever, then go bad in flower.
Man, I hear ya. It’s frustrating as hell! One of these days I’m going to figure it out and it’ll be like one of those “ah-HA!” moments. I can’t wait for that. Lol! I wish tissue sampling was possible but it’s not in Prohibitionland and you can’t mail samples.

Here’s a pic of this Auto Ultimate with the horrid deficiency and the two healthy clones in the back. The clones have been in 3 gallons of Roots Organic soil since they came out of the tray. The AU is in 5 gallons with plenty of top dressing and biological babying. I neglect them and don’t feed them anything but water and compost tea. But I guarantee, if I flip them, I’ll start getting this same problem.
B590C699-5FA1-44EB-89AA-CA0983EF4B60.jpeg

50611A31-DEB8-45E8-9FF0-09099198D4A6.jpeg

Still producing big buds but those damn crispy deficient leaves. The hand is just to illustrate size of buds.
94FBF9DA-56B2-4250-A0F5-6E2873833180.jpeg

Besides lab soil testing I’m looking at getting some soil test stuff to monitor soil PH and EC, even though I’m not supposed to need to:
https://hannainst.com/halo-ph-electrode-for-direct-soil-measurement-hi12922.html

https://hannainst.com/hi98331-soil-testtm-direct-soil-ec-tester.html

And this new microbiology tester that Jeff Lowenfels recommends: https://microbiometer.com/

Have you tried transplanting in to a larger container for flower? Or watering a bit more as the plant moves further into flower? It could also be light stress from switching lighting types or light intensity....just throwing out some other options besides a nutrient issue that could cause that problem. Honestly it makes more sense it's something environmental based on the fact it keeps happening only in flower.

Just a thought mate . I don't think it is it is environmental , more of a nutrient issue [ lack of ] , as Auto Ultimate is a large pant in flower it would have a bigger need for flowering nutrients . may be up your tea inputs for flowering . needs adjusting and got to a 27 liter pot for the soil to be able to carry the spare nutrients . :thumbsup:

Just a thought mate . I don't think it is it is environmental , more of a nutrient issue [ lack of ] , as Auto Ultimate is a large pant in flower it would have a bigger need for flowering nutrients . may be up your tea inputs for flowering . needs adjusting and got to a 27 liter pot for the soil to be able to carry the spare nutrients . :thumbsup:

@hecno Ill try it. Do you have a recipe for a flower tea? I’ve been using EWC, malted barley, fish bone meal, langbeonite molasses, Mammoth P, EM-1 and Recharge. I had the same thing happen to me in the 27 gallon pots - with some photos, though. But that’s why I’m going to testing. At least with some pre-grow information on what’s in there and what’s available at the start, and post-grow information, I may be able to figure this out. The only reason I’m thinking it’s environmental is that this same thing happened even when feeding bottled nutes on a schedule.

Back