New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

i've certainly seen some AvT's that have gotten out of hand, but no doubt there's more Triangle Kush leaning ones that are smaller. cannot wait until they get restocked.

let's have a looksie at my Mephisto girls!

exactly 5 weeks yesterday, day 35;

View attachment 1004345

so is Ripley's huge or is Stilton small? bit of both i think.

View attachment 1004348

deep green almost slimy looking leaves...contrast with the reddish fan leaf stems, she looks like something alien and i love it. there's some good branching in there but i don't think i have the space in the cupboard to stretch her out...those ties on her now are doing nothing at all but i might reattempt something.

View attachment 1004349

i was supposed to pull the main cola over the other day and strap it down...i forgot. by yesterday she was far too rigid to bend now so she will just end up an odd shape...makes little difference to me :thumbsup: she won't set the world on fire but she's nice enough. 4-5 days ahead of Ripley's in terms of bud development, and you can't see on the pics but she put out her first frost a couple of days ago too.

smells are coming but not intense enough to describe yet much beyond Ripley smells a bit like pickled onions or warm garbage but i'll know better in the next two weeks.

They look great dude, Ripley is beast! Definitely going to have to give her a go some day soon. I don't know why she's not really appealed to me in the past, looks like my kind of strain.

that describes our Tangie taster on Saturday rather well mate...i think she'll have to dose it very lightly if she wants an uplifting/creative sativa effect from this lady. i have managed to resist the urge to pinch another bud and will try my best just to wait now - final countdown.

i was planning on 1 part perlite to 3 parts coco as i already have a bag of perlite kicking around. long term i'm thinking clay pebbles would be nice as the perlite creates more dust than you'd think it would. hopefully that's help avoid over watering, but honestly i suffer with under watering if anything...which will be a problem in coco i know.

your water - do you let it stand out to "gas off" the chlorine? if not then do you allow it to rise to room temperature? do you use a specific brand of coco? i'm looking at Canna Coco Professional Plus at the moment. then i need to prime it with goodies before i pop a germ'd bean in there?

Just gonna jump in with my 2 here as well...

I line the bottom of my pots with clay balls then fill them with around 1 part perlite to 3 parts coco and give them a good soaking with a light dose of magne-cal. No nutes until they start growing leaves and then only a very, very light feed until the first few true leave show or they look a bit hungry when i just start feeding as per the instructions on the bottle. I use the General Hydro trio simple drain to waste chart and it's worked a dream so far. The only thing I've found is that the "grow" formula drops off a little quickly for autos so i run that a little higher during early flower.

I don't bother leaving it to "gas off" I probably should but haven't really had any issues.

Watering/feeding in coco would ideally be done twice a day in smaller quantities but I often just give a big one daily and it's OK, not ideal but OK. With the right mix you won't suffer any issues with overwatering.

i thought that's what you meant :smoking:
they're nice and cheap so i think i'll pick up some fabric pots - i can experiment later and see which i prefer but i like the sound of fabric to help monitor watering.
okay okay just be sure to pop in and help me muddle my way through this coco gig!

trichs seem cloudier than on my first harvest so i guess she must be ripe with THC! getting very excited to chop her down now although i'm a bit worried about drying again...hopefully this damp English weather holds up to keep the rh more hospitable for a hanging plant. thanks dude.

Yeah, the fabric pots are a great way to monitor salt build up as well as moisture.
I'd recommend starting in a smaller plastic pot without perlite first BTW. It helps quicken early growth and provides a good opportunity to load the transplant hole up with Great White. The perlite isn't much use at that point and i find it can get in the way of the seedling and makes it a bit harder to the roots to get a solid footing.

Hope that helps!

Pickled onions or warm garbage! :crying::crying:

I’m getting my hopes up she’s going to be vile! I like fruity sweet strains as much as the next guy, but rancid weed is my passion :eyebrows:

They look great dude, Ripley is beast! Definitely going to have to give her a go some day soon. I don't know why she's not really appealed to me in the past, looks like my kind of strain.

Ripley’s in coco :goodluck: haha she’d be beyond monsterous!!

Just gonna jump in with my 2 here as well...

I line the bottom of my pots with clay balls then fill them with around 1 part perlite to 3 parts coco and give them a good soaking with a light dose of magne-cal. No nutes until they start growing leaves and then only a very, very light feed until the first few true leave show or they look a bit hungry when i just start feeding as per the instructions on the bottle. I use the General Hydro trio simple drain to waste chart and it's worked a dream so far. The only thing I've found is that the "grow" formula drops off a little quickly for autos so i run that a little higher during early flower.

I don't bother leaving it to "gas off" I probably should but haven't really had any issues.

Watering/feeding in coco would ideally be done twice a day in smaller quantities but I often just give a big one daily and it's OK, not ideal but OK. With the right mix you won't suffer any issues with overwatering.

Yeah, the fabric pots are a great way to monitor salt build up as well as moisture.
I'd recommend starting in a smaller plastic pot without perlite first BTW. It helps quicken early growth and provides a good opportunity to load the transplant hole up with Great White. The perlite isn't much use at that point and i find it can get in the way of the seedling and makes it a bit harder to the roots to get a solid footing.

Hope that helps!

super helpful information, thank you so much.
I suspect I don’t really need to gas my tap water either, and as I move in to coco I’ll be using more water than before so cutting that process down to just allowing the temperature to come up will be nice. hopefully not long until I switch to RO anyway.

eeeek transplanting hey? that’s a new one for me too! those small solo cups any good or too small do you think? would I have to worry about it drying out during the day?

I think my shopping list is;

Fabric Pot — my cupboard is slim, I’m thinking I should go 3 gallon for my space...but I know you use 5 gallon. Plant width is really the big restriction in the cupboard, 55cm approximately. thoughts?
Clay pebbles - anything I need to know before buying the cheapest I can find?
Great White - I don’t think I have a question for this :biggrin:
Small container to start - see my Q above :haha:

in theory I could water/feed twice a day, if I mixed up the feed in the evenings ready to drop in the pots before work...I’m thinking coco will take the fluid more effectively than a pot of soil that’s been drying for a day of two.

that describes our Tangie taster on Saturday rather well mate...i think she'll have to dose it very lightly if she wants an uplifting/creative sativa effect from this lady. i have managed to resist the urge to pinch another bud and will try my best just to wait now - final countdown.

i was planning on 1 part perlite to 3 parts coco as i already have a bag of perlite kicking around. long term i'm thinking clay pebbles would be nice as the perlite creates more dust than you'd think it would. hopefully that's help avoid over watering, but honestly i suffer with under watering if anything...which will be a problem in coco i know.

your water - do you let it stand out to "gas off" the chlorine? if not then do you allow it to rise to room temperature? do you use a specific brand of coco? i'm looking at Canna Coco Professional Plus at the moment. then i need to prime it with goodies before i pop a germ'd bean in there?

Little tip bro if you buy a higher grade perlite it shouldn't be dusty, only the crappy stuff is normally. I never knew that as had always used the cheaper grade but discovered the last time all my hydro shop had was the more expensive grade and was actually a bit annoyed until I opened the bag and didn't choke to death :crying:

Mine was dear (like £6 10l £10 20l or around) but it doesnt just break apart in the scoop and even if it does it remains a granule like consistency which is fine to mix in whereas the dust does bupkis and a 10l bag turns to 8l. Don't have to use as much either!

Still clay pebbles would be nice but I've found them both harder to source and perlite is fine really

super helpful information, thank you so much.
I suspect I don’t really need to gas my tap water either, and as I move in to coco I’ll be using more water than before so cutting that process down to just allowing the temperature to come up will be nice. hopefully not long until I switch to RO anyway.

eeeek transplanting hey? that’s a new one for me too! those small solo cups any good or too small do you think? would I have to worry about it drying out during the day?

I think my shopping list is;

Fabric Pot — my cupboard is slim, I’m thinking I should go 3 gallon for my space...but I know you use 5 gallon. Plant width is really the big restriction in the cupboard, 55cm approximately. thoughts?
Clay pebbles - anything I need to know before buying the cheapest I can find?
Great White - I don’t think I have a question for this :biggrin:
Small container to start - see my Q above :haha:

in theory I could water/feed twice a day, if I mixed up the feed in the evenings ready to drop in the pots before work...I’m thinking coco will take the fluid more effectively than a pot of soil that’s been drying for a day of two.

I can help you out there, from what I've seen 3gal SPs are perfect for the smaller closets, especially the squared shape 11L smart pots with Coco as they have less tendency to run out of the sides.

Im only just getting on the 5 gals now that I've upgraded to the 4x4 and will be keeping the 3gals stictly in the 2x2s in future

Back