New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

Yeah I find I get most of the coco and bits of roots out, I just worry about excess nutrients still being in the cloth with me not actually washing them properly. With the washer I was worried that excess residue from previous detergent might get into the cloth and I didn't want that but if it works for you I will be giving it a go. Thanks again
I was really worried about the same things the first time I gave it a go, but had no problems. I'd be more cautious in soil but I don't think much as much transference happens with coco and the ecosystem seems far less delicate. Whilst writing this I thought it might be worth soaking them afterwards in PHd water, I guess that would be the ideal scenario but I've never bothered. I might do that next time!

Now that tangie does look lovely :drool: I'm with you on the leaf's i would leave them on, makes sense in my head too haha You grew a tangie for an uplifting smoke.......................:crying: that stuff will stick you to a chair and have you talking without words for quite a while :smoking: I don't think I would ever be able to let tangie cure properly it is just far far too nice a smoke and if it was giving good effects when rushed you and the Mrs are in for a treat.

Main advice with coco is to not water it too much at the beginning, I let my plants dry up until the pots are fighting gravity and then water until I can see it is fully moistened but not freely dripping from the bottom (cloth pots help as you can see the pot becoming saturated) I expect to see a tiny amount of run off. Once the babies reach full bud mode I then feed every single day, the amount i feed is dependant upon the weight of the pot but I try to keep it what I would consider full without too much run off.

Almost forgot when you first pot your seeds if the coco is moist I would avoid doing much watering, I find too much watering when first planting a cutting or seed especially in 100% coco does tend to water log it slightly and impede growth, I only use the water from the paper towel I germinated in once I pot the seed and wait until they show signs that they need more watering. Anyone having trouble with watering with coco should seriously consider a mix, I had the same problems when I switched to seeds which prompted me to start using 60/40 clay pebble mix, best thing I have done tbh.

I totally agree about AFN not only is it great to talk to like minded people and share ideas, just looking at other peoples threads or even your own from the past can answer the many questions that you keep wondering about.

Almost forgot something else haha my water comes out at roughly 6.8ph mate mentioning this tho has reminded me of something. On the last cycle after adding nutrients my mix would drop to below 6ph but now on the exact same schedule it only drops to 6.2-6.3 which is perfect, very strange.

that describes our Tangie taster on Saturday rather well mate...i think she'll have to dose it very lightly if she wants an uplifting/creative sativa effect from this lady. i have managed to resist the urge to pinch another bud and will try my best just to wait now - final countdown.

i was planning on 1 part perlite to 3 parts coco as i already have a bag of perlite kicking around. long term i'm thinking clay pebbles would be nice as the perlite creates more dust than you'd think it would. hopefully that's help avoid over watering, but honestly i suffer with under watering if anything...which will be a problem in coco i know.

your water - do you let it stand out to "gas off" the chlorine? if not then do you allow it to rise to room temperature? do you use a specific brand of coco? i'm looking at Canna Coco Professional Plus at the moment. then i need to prime it with goodies before i pop a germ'd bean in there?

Sorry, I mean Smart Pots (fabric) not airpots! I've never used airpots!

Yeah, i gotta take a break due to leccy bill but also due to travel plans. I need to save up a little bit. Also I really just have a fairly ridiculous amount of weed on hand now, no need for all of that so I'll need to wait a little while, but not too long!

Don't be hard on yourself, you've grown some fantastic looking plants, and the Tangie buds are looking great, it's not like you're smoking the fans anyway!

i thought that's what you meant :smoking:
they're nice and cheap so i think i'll pick up some fabric pots - i can experiment later and see which i prefer but i like the sound of fabric to help monitor watering.
okay okay just be sure to pop in and help me muddle my way through this coco gig!

There ya go! She looks beautiful! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the smoke. Seems like you're doing everything pretty perfectly, trichomes look great. I pulled mine when they weren't showing many ambers either, I'm pretty sure they keep going as they dry and cure to a degree though.

Happy to hear you're ordering the coco, i really think you're gonna love it!

trichs seem cloudier than on my first harvest so i guess she must be ripe with THC! getting very excited to chop her down now although i'm a bit worried about drying again...hopefully this damp English weather holds up to keep the rh more hospitable for a hanging plant. thanks dude.

Rog would swallow 2 Avt's and be looking for a snack. Mine was a full 4x4 wide and 4ft from dirt. With pot i had the light strapped to top bars of a 8ft tent I thought it was never going to stop.

i've certainly seen some AvT's that have gotten out of hand, but no doubt there's more Triangle Kush leaning ones that are smaller. cannot wait until they get restocked.

let's have a looksie at my Mephisto girls!

exactly 5 weeks yesterday, day 35;

Mephisto5weeks.jpg

so is Ripley's huge or is Stilton small? bit of both i think.

Ripley5weeks.jpg

deep green almost slimy looking leaves...contrast with the reddish fan leaf stems, she looks like something alien and i love it. there's some good branching in there but i don't think i have the space in the cupboard to stretch her out...those ties on her now are doing nothing at all but i might reattempt something.

Stilton5weeks.jpg

i was supposed to pull the main cola over the other day and strap it down...i forgot. by yesterday she was far too rigid to bend now so she will just end up an odd shape...makes little difference to me :thumbsup: she won't set the world on fire but she's nice enough. 4-5 days ahead of Ripley's in terms of bud development, and you can't see on the pics but she put out her first frost a couple of days ago too.

smells are coming but not intense enough to describe yet much beyond Ripley smells a bit like pickled onions or warm garbage but i'll know better in the next two weeks.

Attachments

• Cupboard.jpg
    Cupboard.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Mephisto5weeks.jpg
    Mephisto5weeks.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 29
That ROG will fill your space by the time it's done. Also water then an hour later you can wrap that plane around your finger. They get really bendy when saturated.

yeh she's really taking over already...probably a good thing the Sour Bubbly didn't germ and there's not a fourth pot in there already.

actually did i check that Bubbly bean yesterday? :confused1::confused1::confused1: oops

Hard to keep up with it all sometimes. But I could never give it up now. I'm am hooked for life. They say marijuana isn't addictive... Pshh try growing it!

agreed mate, can’t see me giving this up anytime.
I first toyed with the idea years ago and I wonder where I’d be if I’d have taken to leap then...
but we are here now and whilst there’s ups and downs, growing is proving to be a hobby of unparalleled enjoyment.

i've certainly seen some AvT's that have gotten out of hand, but no doubt there's more Triangle Kush leaning ones that are smaller. cannot wait until they get restocked.

let's have a looksie at my Mephisto girls!

exactly 5 weeks yesterday, day 35;

View attachment 1004345

so is Ripley's huge or is Stilton small? bit of both i think.

View attachment 1004348

deep green almost slimy looking leaves...contrast with the reddish fan leaf stems, she looks like something alien and i love it. there's some good branching in there but i don't think i have the space in the cupboard to stretch her out...those ties on her now are doing nothing at all but i might reattempt something.

View attachment 1004349

i was supposed to pull the main cola over the other day and strap it down...i forgot. by yesterday she was far too rigid to bend now so she will just end up an odd shape...makes little difference to me :thumbsup: she won't set the world on fire but she's nice enough. 4-5 days ahead of Ripley's in terms of bud development, and you can't see on the pics but she put out her first frost a couple of days ago too.

smells are coming but not intense enough to describe yet much beyond Ripley smells a bit like pickled onions or warm garbage but i'll know better in the next two weeks.

Pickled onions or warm garbage! :crying::crying:

Back