New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

okay, okay!

no more sampling shenanigans...
well except for that little grape bud i plucked off a few days ago but shhh

the snips arrived on Saturday
the brown paper bags arrived this morning

so tonight i live out my lumberjack fantasies...here's a couple of pics from my winter wonderland before i hack 'em down;

View attachment 981723

View attachment 981724 View attachment 981725

and here's the soon-to-be-lonely Tangie'Matic at day 21, and my first attempt at some LST following some top advice from @NiceOption and @Medimadness...she's also the girl who is following @autobeast 's guide on giving auto's a great start - very happy with the results so far!

View attachment 981726

also arrived today, is an extra 12.5L air pot. time permitting, i'd like to get that pot filled and prepped ready to drop a Sour Bubbly.

annnnd then i just remembered the Mephisto store should have reopened today...
Oh me oh my. :drool:They're some beautiful snow capped buds. My mouth's watering!

That is some top notch training on the Tangie, I think she'll be rewarding you handsomely! She a quick grower right? I think you're taking the right approach with her as she likes to stretch, had a pretty long-ish veg time too so you'll have enough time to really work that LST. I'm super impressed with how she's coming along! Looks like you picked up a tip from @Medimadness along the way too eh? Her and Tilda are not looking too dissimilar.

Fantastic buds and a really great job the the LST man, seriously neat work!
I messed up my hand the other day cycling so my bends haven’t been as good as that recently!
Have to give it a break until my knuckles heal from the other guys handlebars haha before new adjustments i think!

ouch bro, you gotta be careful with those green thumbs :greenthumb:
she's a little bit grumpy about all the laying over and bending, slowed her up a bit i think. need to try and bend the main stem around back toward the pot again otherwise her mass will be about 8 inches off centre to the pot haha

Looking chunky and frosty. And your little tangie is all grown up.

she's got a lot of space to fill so i hope she's got some more growing to do yet! :bighug:

I'll be glad to help you smoke it!

:pighug: come for New Years in England my man, be nicely cured by then :cheers:

Oh me oh my. :drool:They're some beautiful snow capped buds. My mouth's watering!

That is some top notch training on the Tangie, I think she'll be rewarding you handsomely! She a quick grower right? I think you're taking the right approach with her as she likes to stretch, had a pretty long-ish veg time too so you'll have enough time to really work that LST. I'm super impressed with how she's coming along! Looks like you picked up a tip from @Medimadness along the way too eh? Her and Tilda are not looking too dissimilar.

they were looking rather juicy yesterday morning :smoking: thanks bro.
the fast growing has slightly held up since i started pullin' her around but she's looking good, might have to snip another fan or two yet as come of the potential colas are in the shade still.
very citrus odour from touching the stems :greencheck::greencheck::greencheck::greencheck:

baggin.jpg

so trying to harvest the CDLC and the Sour Livers in one night was...foolish. :whew:

i just about finished the Chem an hour after usual bedtime... :snooze:

fb01ca2d-d3ac-4dac-b697-831f67a8ccdf_text.gif

so next time, i'll have the foresight to wear gloves...i mean i've heard of sticky-icky-icky but :pass:my fingers smell like Foot Locker after a dozen washes.

no weights until dry, but i got about 30-40 FAT nuggs of the Chem alone, and i was being very selective - the trim is in the freezer and there's a lot of thicccccc and greasy bottom buds mixed in with it all. ordering some bubble bags today to run it all through. i think she gave more than i anticipated. the Chem surpasses all my expectations of what top shelf bud should look and smell like, hopefully passes the taste and effect tests in due course!

there was a spring in my step on the way to work this morning! :frog:

Lunchtime i'll go and fill a pot ready for a new seed. Tonight, the Livers falls. Maybe the Double Grape, too.

I would normally give rep for finishing a great run, but apparently, I have to spread some rep around before I can give you more. Congratulations on getting to the end of your grow. Top job. Those nuggets look amazing. Now that you’ve done this yourself, you’ll never pay to have someone else grow it for you again. So...a couple of notes:

1.) If you get some gloves, buy the nitrile or latex free gloves. The resin from the buds you are cutting will not stick as well to them.

2.) Once you get around to testing the CDLC, you might want to take it easy. She’s apparently pretty strong.

3.) What are you growing next?

Grats on your first harvest! Buds looking great, see you went with paper bag drying. Heard good things about that method, haven't tried it myself yet so please share your thoughts when it's done. That CDLC will be good meds for sure! You did a really good job.

Hey M8 :smoking: just found your thread lol great work.. ladies look v tasty :d5: subbed up.. congrats on the harvest :cheers:

welcome, brother! :bighug:

thank you very much mate, there's a few more buds here than anticipated so hopefully i can dry them okay!
thanks for subbing up! got a Tangie in her third week to carry out on the show, and if i wasn't useless i'd already have another seed in a pot...but this trimming game is much more time consuming than i had originally thought!

I would normally give rep for finishing a great run, but apparently, I have to spread some rep around before I can give you more. Congratulations on getting to the end of your grow. Top job. Those nuggets look amazing. Now that you’ve done this yourself, you’ll never pay to have someone else grow it for you again. So...a couple of notes:

1.) If you get some gloves, buy the nitrile or latex free gloves. The resin from the buds you are cutting will not stick as well to them.

2.) Once you get around to testing the CDLC, you might want to take it easy. She’s apparently pretty strong.

3.) What are you growing next?

really appreciated mate! you know how nerve wrecking the first grow is and it’s been very reassuring having you watchin’ my back :thanks:

here’s hoping this little haul will keep us going until the next!

as soon as I get a spare 5 minutes I will be filling a pot ready for a Sour Bubbly :pass:
then i’ll try and keep ‘em staggered for as long as feasible. I’m buying some Ripley’s :)bow:) very soon and my missus has requested a heavy indica to go along with it...i’m thinkin’ Toof Decay but there’s those darn Nuggets that just have to be ran so still deciding there...
can’t wait!

Grats on your first harvest! Buds looking great, see you went with paper bag drying. Heard good things about that method, haven't tried it myself yet so please share your thoughts when it's done. That CDLC will be good meds for sure! You did a really good job.

thanks for the kind words @nicojellic and for lookin' in here at harvest time!
can't believe i have some lovely buds here in just 80 days! hopefully the bags work out...i'm sure i ordered larger bags than i got...:baked: so i ran out whilst bagging up the Livers. half a dozen nugs will just sit in the cardboard box loose with the bags. still another plant to go...i'll figure something! :doh:

pulled a nice salad bowl off the Livers!

LiversSalad.jpg

she was a tough trim, but i'm happy with the buds. strangely, she wasn't particularly stinky on the initial trim, but by the time i'd filled the bowl, they really started secreting some strong odours - a tad green maybe but definitely a sprinkle of road-kill in there too along with a sweet berry. still very organic!

scissor hash is a rather nice reward for the efforts :smokeit::smoking:

Double Grape bought herself an extra day. let her pot dry out and she's turned straight up yellow - looks lovely!
she, and her modest yield, will be chopped tonight. first in, last out.
she's got very sativa looking buds and she stinks of mangoes but has developed a very surprising earthy tone the past couple of weeks, she was all sweets an fruit up until then.
she smells stronger than my Livers which seems to contradict lots of what i read about Double Grape...maybe 'cause she's short n stunted?

Sour livers looking great! I bet a nice cure will have flavors and scents set in and optimized? Did you decide on the drying technique, Froot?

Back