New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

same, once the decision was made (i mean i got permission from the boss :eyebrows:) it was tougher to find the funds to get started than we thought. i sold a lot of stuff to get going but i'm sure the sacrifices will make the buds all the sweeter in the end. i might be able to squeeze in a 3 week cure for the smoking buds, but i'll be making a host of edibles ready also with the less-than-stellar buds. think i'll go the bubble bag route for hash too! can't wait dude. you'll be close behind with Val :thumbsup:

Tbh now the way she’s packing on weight and seeing others reviews saying trichs clouded almost as soon as the buds finished forming has got my hopes up a little for Val to be ready for eddies (like you, most of her is dedicated for the xmas morning biscuits for me, my nan (recovering cancer patient, helps her eat he big family dinner lol) and my Dad as i recently got him to stop drinking!

I have a Nova decarb machine coming soon, a little money saving gift to myself i’ve been after one for ages. after trying my mates i discovered its amazing ability to decarb fresh bud just as well as cured bud so i may not get my christmas smoke but i will at least get my xmas eddies hopefully!

can’t wait for it to get here, almost as excited for that as i am for chopping since i discovered how effective the Nova is

Btw your plants look fricking amazing man! they’ve really provided for the holidays, happy you get your wish. Fantastic buds.
I think you’ll find though encouraged bottom buds will make fantastic medical extract, from my experience those weird chunky bottom buds tend to have a heavier body effect that the other cuts of the plant!

Enjoy buddy,
wish i could be there to have a whiff and get sticky fingers, as much of a pain chopping is i do love it so much!!

okay real update this time

i set up the spare room like a photography studio again last night, complete with a :rolleyes1: from the missus
the 5000k light just seems too much though, even with those daft parasol things set up in front of it...but i tried at least to give the girls a nice final photo shoot.

Sour Livers at Day 75 - she's basically just buds on sticks at this stage - removed maybe a little more than half a dozen leaves on her in her life. chunky buds, but not super dense, at least compared to the CDLC. she's been a bit weird the whole grow but she produced. last picture is of her inflated bottom buds.

View attachment 979908

View attachment 979909 View attachment 979910 View attachment 979911
OooooooOOOoooh buddy she's looking killer. How does she smell? Somewhat stinky I hear? Are the berry-like smells there? I'm in two minds about what to pop next as I feel like I'm not making the most of my space and this is up on the list. Being in the UK I feel like I'm obligated to give this girl a go at some point.

Gonna be a nice Christmas around those parts for sure. Lots of fat tasty buds to enjoy! I can smell that CDLC from here! Nice work, man, and I love the photos!

thanks bro, appreciate it! i think me and the missus are gonna do just fine over Christmas :smoking:
if only those photos did the CDLC justice, man! all sorts of purples and greens in the buds beneath the greasy frost!
i'll aim to get a camera sorted for the next time the cupboard is full o'buds!

Looking lovely mate nothing beats a nice J of the livers and dog in front of a warm fire on a cold winters day. Very well done :d5: The cdlc looks so dense its dreamy haha I found with the Livers that the more it cures the tighter it seems to get.

won't be too much longer now until i can try! there's a small lower bud off the Livers drying out for a tester over the weekend. she's not a patch on yours, but when the time rolls around to grow the other Livers seed i'll have a bit of a clue what i'm doing!
i'm so excited to see how you get on with the CDLC's you bought!

Looking good @Froot n Fuel , I’m glad you didn’t throw her out either!:thumbsup:

bro you have no idea how close i was to chucking her in the garden! it was a risk keeping her, but it seems to have paid off :woohoo1:

Tbh now the way she’s packing on weight and seeing others reviews saying trichs clouded almost as soon as the buds finished forming has got my hopes up a little for Val to be ready for eddies (like you, most of her is dedicated for the xmas morning biscuits for me, my nan (recovering cancer patient, helps her eat he big family dinner lol) and my Dad as i recently got him to stop drinking!

I have a Nova decarb machine coming soon, a little money saving gift to myself i’ve been after one for ages. after trying my mates i discovered its amazing ability to decarb fresh bud just as well as cured bud so i may not get my christmas smoke but i will at least get my xmas eddies hopefully!

can’t wait for it to get here, almost as excited for that as i am for chopping since i discovered how effective the Nova is

i really hope she can produce for you, man! meds for the family would be great...i couldn't get my 'rents off the booze so you should be proud!

i looked at the Nova...she's pricey! but it does sound like an excellent piece of kit!
hoping i can get a rosin press this side of Christmas to make some chocolate on top of the baked goods we have planned.
there's gonna be some serious tolerance pushing here! :yay:

Btw your plants look fricking amazing man! they’ve really provided for the holidays, happy you get your wish. Fantastic buds.
I think you’ll find though encouraged bottom buds will make fantastic medical extract, from my experience those weird chunky bottom buds tend to have a heavier body effect that the other cuts of the plant!

Enjoy buddy,
wish i could be there to have a whiff and get sticky fingers, as much of a pain chopping is i do love it so much!!

thank you dude. they have their faults, but for a first go i'm pleased so far. i hope you're right about those bottom buds! they stink and are almost dripping they feel so full of oils :jump:
if our country wasn't so backwards bro, i'd love to share. it sucks my smoking buddies of well over a decade will not know it was my home grown goodies that'll be putting them on the floor this holiday! at least me and the missus can have a good giggle about though!

OooooooOOOoooh buddy she's looking killer. How does she smell? Somewhat stinky I hear? Are the berry-like smells there? I'm in two minds about what to pop next as I feel like I'm not making the most of my space and this is up on the list. Being in the UK I feel like I'm obligated to give this girl a go at some point.

oh darn i forgot to mention the smell!
she's stinky, but compared to how she was at 40 days, she's toned it down.
she's a little bit less "have you walked in dog poop?" than she was, and now more, what i would call, a traditional skunk when you pull the buds apart gently.
there's fruitiness to it as well, somewhere between a black cherry (y'know like almonds/marzipan kinda cherry) and a classic blueberry.
how much of this she retains after dry and cure, i'm not sure. due to my growing skill, she doesn't have the tightest structure or the most frost, but she's been very forgiving to this newbie and i'll grow her again along with a DG when i can run a smoother grow to get the most out of 'em.
she will be a stark contrast of rich organic odours to the CDLC's dramatic synthetic smell, i think.

Little lower bud got plucked off the Livers I think Monday, wrapped it up in a little kitchen paper and popped in the cupboard. gave it a go in the pipe earlier and for a crappy lower bud off my least potent looking plant...

:yay:

tasted way better than expected for a little dry time
felt good
missus was wondering around like a fart in a trance after a bong of it

but scared of the CDLC now :haha:

okay, okay!

no more sampling shenanigans...
well except for that little grape bud i plucked off a few days ago but shhh

the snips arrived on Saturday
the brown paper bags arrived this morning

so tonight i live out my lumberjack fantasies...here's a couple of pics from my winter wonderland before i hack 'em down;

finalcountdown.jpg

winterwonderland.jpg
CDLCwinterwonderland.jpg

and here's the soon-to-be-lonely Tangie'Matic at day 21, and my first attempt at some LST following some top advice from @NiceOption and @Medimadness...she's also the girl who is following @autobeast 's guide on giving auto's a great start - very happy with the results so far!

Tangie21.jpg

also arrived today, is an extra 12.5L air pot. time permitting, i'd like to get that pot filled and prepped ready to drop a Sour Bubbly.

annnnd then i just remembered the Mephisto store should have reopened today...

Fantastic buds and a really great job the the LST man, seriously neat work!
I messed up my hand the other day cycling so my bends haven’t been as good as that recently!
Have to give it a break until my knuckles heal from the other guys handlebars haha before new adjustments i think!

Back