Outdoor Swans Fruity UK Outdoor Second Grow

Time for an update.... Its raining!

I know we wanted some rain but 2 days solid is a bit much!

When the clouds started looming on Friday night I decided to put out some collection vessels to make the most of it so I blew up a couple of paddling pools, put out 5 washing up bowls and an old baby bath. Yep they are all full now!

Its been stormy and my gardens taken a beating. 3 of my 8 sunflowers got snapped, many of the flowers got shredded and garden furniture blew around the lawn.

My girls are out there still, I probably should have made some cover for them but I honestly didn't think the bad weather would last this long. As soon as the sun comes out I'll shake them all off then maybe set about making some shelter for if we have another round of wet n windy as I'm worried about the dreaded mould now [emoji852]️

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Swan, it is possible that autos get stressed in growth which force em to grow longer and exceed their flowering start or they're not fully automatic, this winter i had a AutoMazar while other were all into flower she only grew up to 1.6 meters, but no bloom and then boooom she flowered like helland very fast and gave about 140 gr. sometimes autos are a miracle:pass:

Swan, it is possible that autos get stressed in growth which force em to grow longer and exceed their flowering start or they're not fully automatic, this winter i had a AutoMazar while other were all into flower she only grew up to 1.6 meters, but no bloom and then boooom she flowered like helland very fast and gave about 140 gr. sometimes autos are a miracle:pass:

Yes I am thinking this is what might happen. She looks like she could flower very heavily with lots of bud sites!
I just want the sun to come out now and for it to stop raining.

Uh oh spotted some rot already [emoji852]️

Just went out to pick up some blown over pots and seen some rot on Blueberry. I'll go back out in the rain later and peg up some clear plastic and put the girls under. Its very windy so they should dry out and then stay dry.

And will have to cut out the rot to try and stop the spread.

Sorry to hear that. It's really great to have a greenhouse or a shed with a HPS. In august/september we typically have weeks with more or less rain every day here in Scandinavia and the grey mold breaks down tomato and potato foilage. I have a dehumidifier in my cellar which I plan to place in the greenhouse if needed. Lets hope that the sun gets back soon and the mold does not spread!

So I spotted mould this morning when looking at blueberry. I noticed some of the fan leaves going purple which I thought was cool but also noticed some of the sugar leaves on the buds going brown. I had a poke around and saw this...

7acee2e1204a3eb29e3672976dc025cf.jpg

So I've checked as much as I can and chopped out chunks like this where I've cut the whole top of the bud off...

3e7d07c7e716a093cc649cdedc7c70c8.jpg

After I did some chopping I made a quick shelter in the wind and rain and shoved the girls under. Its rough and ready but hopefully will keep them dry and still allow good airflow and get these suckers dry after 2 days of rain.

f0e958748dd4a48b1b623d9e6eb5a891.jpg

Luckily there's no signs on my other 2 flowering girls. Its day 76 and trichomes are milky so we probably aren't far away from harvest.
Cheers
Swan

So I spotted mould this morning when looking at blueberry. I noticed some of the fan leaves going purple which I thought was cool but also noticed some of the sugar leaves on the buds going brown. I had a poke around and saw this...

7acee2e1204a3eb29e3672976dc025cf.jpg

So I've checked as much as I can and chopped out chunks like this where I've cut the whole top of the bud off...

3e7d07c7e716a093cc649cdedc7c70c8.jpg

After I did some chopping I made a quick shelter in the wind and rain and shoved the girls under. Its rough and ready but hopefully will keep them dry and still allow good airflow and get these suckers dry after 2 days of rain.

f0e958748dd4a48b1b623d9e6eb5a891.jpg

Luckily there's no signs on my other 2 flowering girls. Its day 76 and trichomes are milky so we probably aren't far away from harvest.
Cheers
Swan

Man that sucks... [emoji35][emoji91][emoji88]
Go Get some hydrogen peroxide and water and mix up a 5% hydrogen peroxide to water ratio put it in your sprayer and spray your girls down with that once or twice a day for 2 days morning and night. The H202 will kill the mold the natural way and then you can dial it back to 3% hydrogen peroxide to water to use as a preventative for a few days after you initially killed it all. You can use it a couple of times a week as a preventative. And also uses for final wash to wash your product with before you hang it it's a wash off bugs mold a lot of other things that you don't want to smoke
Also go down and get yourself some baby wipes if you got them there in England and you can wipe the leaves down with the baby wipes and then discard them into a bag to be all the way you don't want the spores the fall on the plant.
I had to do it last year myself this works there's one other way that you can naturally use is two parts milk to 3 Parts water.
But I don't think you got enough Sun cuz you have to do it in the Direct sunlight or it won't kill the mold. The milk method kills powdery mildew. But this method requires Sun the Sun turns the milk into antibiotic which kills the powdery mildew.
Good luck man I do not envy you I had it on 5 big plants last year and I work every single day morning and night to keep them and save those plants read my journal grow to grows outside grow from the beginning to the end you'll see it was no fun but I saved them.[emoji120] thank the Canna Gods[emoji481][emoji482]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

Update Day 81:

Its been warm and dry again mainly here after all that stormy stuff we had last weekend and the start of the week.

I went away for 2 days so left my girls to it and just got back this evening to give them a drink and take some pictures....

They are all at day 80 and I've taken the ties off all of them now as some of the ties were getting enveloped in buds.

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry is purpling on some of the leaves and smelling good. I've had to pick some more mould out but we're nearing the end now so when I harvest I'll have a good look and chop the buds up small for drying:

720502b6c9b67f37dd6546ea9b567312.jpg

77be219bc3933f91fa8323eb5159a164.jpg

Here's Stitches Love Potion, looking pretty yellow, I'll be checking her trichomes this evening:

ee99c07a4e519490840ebdd6c52a9c4d.jpg

fcb5b2f1761ddb917f4ee16bce9ba550.jpg

Barneys Farm Pineapple Express Auto, smells nice and looking pretty green still. The buds are overtaking Love Potion for size and fatness. I'll check her trichomes tonight as well:

1e672a9a4f60fccc14fe4185529032b0.jpg

98641bf47f09d8eb8f84805381ffc996.jpg

Aaaannndd after I thought nothing was going to happen, here's Dutch Passion Autocompassion CBD Lime. She's pretty big, to be expected I guess as she vegged for about 75 days! She's been topped, supercropped and topped some more:

33e35d76850fecf45e86cd6b5a371052.jpg

7fb36ce4a76c8f9dc1b9f9f0a17a8a6e.jpg

Group shot, you can see CBD lime is almost double the size of the others [emoji3]

1bbaa4bf1063dc3a94b8333b10906945.jpg

73279707a94d3736d2bbb50f1db29fd8.jpg

Forgot pics of the CBD lime V2 but she's doing well at day 13, a little smaller than these girls were at day 13 but they had the benefit of CFL top up at night for a few hours. Will see what the next week brings and then start some LST.

Cheers
Swan

Back