Outdoor Swans Fruity UK Outdoor Second Grow

Ello everybody!

I thought I'd update a little about a couple of things I did last week with some of my stash.

Oh and know I mentioned smoke reports so I really must get round to those. I have sat down with every intention then have got caught up in the moment and forgotten to write anything down! So my new plan is to do a voice recording and listen back to my ramblings the next day then write that up.
So far I've done one recording and it's 82 minutes long of me babbling on so I think I have some editing to do in order to extract any worthwhile info for a report!

Anyhow, I recently made some tincture and some hash so here's a few pics and notes.

Tincture was a very small run. I used 2g of decarbed bud (mix of CBD lime and Pineapple Express auto). The smell whilst decarbing in the oven was lovely!

0d1511169a06ba2de903b3f682b55dd7.jpg

I used 60ml of 95% spirit, mixed and shook well.

7e3f81b001021080a6c5d22589fa35fe.jpg

e4aad8d4a24249e26188e66efedf1b41.jpg

Then popped the jar in a pan of water on the stove and heated to 75 degrees Celsius. Didn't quite expect it to reduce so quick and before I knew it the volume had reduced ALOT!

I strained the plant matter out and had 10ml liquid. This reduced to 7ml after passing through a coffee filter. I guess some was lost/soaked up in the filter and the last bits of plant matter filtered out to reduce the volume?

So very rough calculations say this dropper contains 17mg of THC.

b265846774dfb7e0fe36e96dbdf1c8dd.jpg

Not sure if I have made it correctly, especially my decarbing as i was worried about over cooking it, but the proof will be in the pudding as they say so I will report back once tested.

I also made a bit of hash with the trim I saved from 4 plants. I was pretty selective and only saved decent sugar leaves and fluffy bits from lower branches. Hard to say how much trim in weight. I thought I weighed it but looking back at my photos I obviously didn't.

9eeb35de9f6d0ffe48ea30e4a10da90d.jpg

f10c01acaf061b104c7516d5db27518b.jpg

I used lots of ice and water and as I only have small bags did it in 2 runs. I used 220, 160, 120, 73 and 45 bag and ended up with this once dry.

53f93899f47abd21067b303e353b3094.jpg

Maybe could of run the lot again but was pushed for time.

Once dry I combined the 120 with the 73 but kept 45 separate. I warmed, kneaded and compressed into two cute lil lumps of hash that are now in a jar curing.

It's hardly a massive haul but "waste not want not" right?

c8acdd3865e560485470d295e20dcf0e.jpg

Again as a noob there are things I could do differently next time but it was fun and kind of magical to end up with something so cool from a few handfuls of plant leaves!

So I have 2 new things to try and I promise I'll record a smoke report on each of my strains then edit and type them up for here.

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Ello everybody!

I thought I'd update a little about a couple of things I did last week with some of my stash.

Oh and know I mentioned smoke reports so I really must get round to those. I have sat down with every intention then have got caught up in the moment and forgotten to write anything down! So my new plan is to do a voice recording and listen back to my ramblings the next day then write that up.
So far I've done one recording and it's 82 minutes long of me babbling on so I think I have some editing to do in order to extract any worthwhile info for a report!

Anyhow, I recently made some tincture and some hash so here's a few pics and notes.

Tincture was a very small run. I used 2g of decarbed bud (mix of CBD lime and Pineapple Express auto). The smell whilst decarbing in the oven was lovely!

0d1511169a06ba2de903b3f682b55dd7.jpg

I used 60ml of 95% spirit, mixed and shook well.

7e3f81b001021080a6c5d22589fa35fe.jpg

e4aad8d4a24249e26188e66efedf1b41.jpg

Then popped the jar in a pan of water on the stove and heated to 75 degrees Celsius. Didn't quite expect it to reduce so quick and before I knew it the volume had reduced ALOT!

I strained the plant matter out and had 10ml liquid. This reduced to 7ml after passing through a coffee filter. I guess some was lost/soaked up in the filter and the last bits of plant matter filtered out to reduce the volume?

So very rough calculations say this dropper contains 17mg of THC.

b265846774dfb7e0fe36e96dbdf1c8dd.jpg

Not sure if I have made it correctly, especially my decarbing as i was worried about over cooking it, but the proof will be in the pudding as they say so I will report back once tested.

I also made a bit of hash with the trim I saved from 4 plants. I was pretty selective and only saved decent sugar leaves and fluffy bits from lower branches. Hard to say how much trim in weight. I thought I weighed it but looking back at my photos I obviously didn't.

9eeb35de9f6d0ffe48ea30e4a10da90d.jpg

f10c01acaf061b104c7516d5db27518b.jpg

I used lots of ice and water and as I only have small bags did it in 2 runs. I used 220, 160, 120, 73 and 45 bag and ended up with this once dry.

53f93899f47abd21067b303e353b3094.jpg

Maybe could of run the lot again but was pushed for time.

Once dry I combined the 120 with the 73 but kept 45 separate. I warmed, kneaded and compressed into two cute lil lumps of hash that are now in a jar curing.

It's hardly a massive haul but "waste not want not" right?

c8acdd3865e560485470d295e20dcf0e.jpg

Again as a noob there are things I could do differently next time but it was fun and kind of magical to end up with something so cool from a few handfuls of plant leaves!

So I have 2 new things to try and I promise I'll record a smoke report on each of my strains then edit and type them up for here.

Cheers
Swan

Sweet! Nice looking pieces of hash!! So you know...running bubble hash you can get pretty much(pretty much, slight decrease) the same yield if you run it 4 times total.

Sweet! Nice looking pieces of hash!! So you know...running bubble hash you can get pretty much(pretty much, slight decrease) the same yield if you run it 4 times total.
Cheers for the info man.
In future I will run it multiple times for sure.

Well I've tried the tincture a few of times with mixed results.

First time I tried a dose under the tongue. Within a minute or two I got a massive headache and although I felt a small warm high it was very short but the headache lingered.

Second time, very similar story: got a headache and little else.

Third time I mixed the same dose amount with some yoghurt and my gosh after an hour I was so high! Like the highest I've been and for quite some hours.

The third try prooves the tincture must contain the good stuff so I wonder why under the tongue dosing does not give results?

Cheers
Swan

Back