Outdoor Swans Fruity UK Outdoor Second Grow

Ok so this evening I had a half arsed attempt at making a tincture.

Over the last couple of weeks I've become more and more fascinated in what else can be done with this green godsend and have been reading about tinctures and salves and usage of roots too. As I will have a variety of plants to harvest and a reasonable harvest too by the looks of it I'm keen to vary how I put it to use.

So I took 10g of AVB and 50ml of 40% rum (see what I mean about half arsed! But this is just to get my feet wet so to speak and ready for further runs).

I soaked the AVB and rum for a few hours in a small jar then popped it in a water bath at 70-75 degrees C (the rum AVB mix was just bubbling at the point). Kept it on the heat for around 20 mins stirring occasionally and I could see the liquid lessening. I strained what was left and then added approx 40ml of nice local honey to improve taste and bulk it back out.

Popped the resulting liquid into brown bottles with droppers and put half a dropper (about 0.5ml) under my tongue and left it there for 5mins while I cleared things away.

Definate result of warmth and relaxation after just 5 mins from just that tiny amount so I'd say that was a success. Looking forward to playing with the dose and more so using some nice green bud from my new plants on the next run.

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

fuck me swan great job pal also sad about the dreaded mould i seem to spot it quite easy if i see a odd brown leaf in a nice green cola thats how i always spotted it i hope it makes sense i had 2 with slight issues this year and the same the year before just cut it out and monitor it pal and good luck for the rest of ya grow :slap:

Looking so good man. Shame about the rot. Were receiving typically Scottish weather up here. No mould for me yet trying to decide if my first ones good to go as it looks like a haven for mould. Interesting to read about your tincture experiments, are you using bud?

Same here, I'm trying to decide when to harvest, they are all close to ready and the weather is beginning to look unpredictable with rain showers so it's a nerve wracking time!

I used AVB for my tincture. Means the dose has to be bigger but it definitely works.

Once I've got this year's girls harvested I will make some tincture with fresh bud and the proper strength alcohol and it should have more potential!

Cheers
Swan

Good job Swann excellent.
The mold can be a mother. I hate the mold it's so hard to fight. I think I beat it this year though I think I got it figured out how to grow in my area and beat the bugs in the mold.[emoji817][emoji12][emoji89]

I had a bout with the mold too when I just harvested my Citrus super Haze every main colon had the infancy of Bud rot inside it it was close enough to harvest at 10 to 15% Amber so I got on it right away and took it in both plants and completed my outside grow Harvest by taking all the buds off from all the stems and putting them on a screen hanging from the ceiling to dry and every bud that had Bud rot on it was remove and revoved the fungi. I had also picked up some aphids on the White Widow and a little bit on the chem berry diesel and a very wee bit of powdery mildew it was all just coming on when I finished so next year I got a better plan.
I washed the whole Harvest in 3% hydrogen peroxide to water mix and then rinsed that off in clean Clearwater and then let hang dry in front of a fan until it was dry enough to hang in the drying room the outside drying room.
I wasn't going to take all that stuff possibly into the house if there was an egg left on there or something could contaminate my inside grow.
But all looks pretty good.
169e73a68c7663d39924da45143772ab.jpg
ceae21beac4dbc2152b5a04546eb1ec0.jpg
c0a733c25cc037d9142847c618f34dba.jpg
2680231c422d86b18bc8976b6cd32877.jpg
29a69d212c1340c65e4a918671a60be9.jpg
d323a57e49907462dc7b1b78836b979a.jpg
50dd30632ecc09e7ffa4dd8199f3e951.jpg
99ea93b9f54f3b4d307425fbf0b03af0.jpg
775ebd675cd1a561d9cea9f4f8d88eaa.jpg

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

Looks like mother nature did some LST to CBD lime v2.0....

The weather has gone to crap again, lots of rain and wind. The little seedling got blown over to horizontal and pinned down practically all day yesterday in the wind but she picked her head up this morning to point skyward.

Got this pic in a break between rain storms...

7655fefc9a1bea2f344e79b04a0df242.jpg

When this rain stops I may as well anchor the stem and start LST for real now that mother nature has started it for me.

Unfortunately my 3 flowering plants are soaking wet again [emoji852]️ this may force my hand into harvesting to reduce risk of more mould.

Cheers
Swan

Looks like mother nature did some LST to CBD lime v2.0....

The weather has gone to crap again, lots of rain and wind. The little seedling got blown over to horizontal and pinned down practically all day yesterday in the wind but she picked her head up this morning to point skyward.

Got this pic in a break between rain storms...

7655fefc9a1bea2f344e79b04a0df242.jpg

When this rain stops I may as well anchor the stem and start LST for real now that mother nature has started it for me.

Unfortunately my 3 flowering plants are soaking wet again [emoji852]️ this may force my hand into harvesting to reduce risk of more mould.

Cheers
Swan

Gutted to hear about the weather, I think it's about to break up here. Quite a few wet days coming so I think the end of my first one is nigh! Nice to see your young-un surviving the typically British weather.

Nice work Swan, everything is looking awesome. Sorry to hear of the rot. Still looks like you'll have ana amazing harvest. That love potion looks awesome! I have some of stitches gear and man they get big

well swan sorry the rain took a turn for the worse but going by the star newspaper today they recon were heading for the 30s again late on this week this is the worsed time for more mould just be vigilant

well swan sorry the rain took a turn for the worse but going by the star newspaper today they recon were heading for the 30s again late on this week this is the worsed time for more mould just be vigilant
Funny old weather hey mate. I dismantled my make shift lean-too after the last lot of rain as I thought we were over it.

Then mid last week I was sitting inside listening to the rain and getting pissed off so I went outside in the middle of the night with a torch in the pouring rain and built cover for my girls! They'll probably stay under there now till the end, it's clear polythene so still get good light.

Must check the trichomes tonight, life has been so busy I've taken my eye off the ball and need to pull my finger out and organise myself for harvest, dry and cure.

The CBD lime is looking awesome, can't believe it vegged for 75 days before flowering [emoji3]

Back