Indoor SS Blue Himalaya coco grow journal

I was wondering what everyone's preferred method of drying is? I have done the hang dry method before. I hung them for 3 days then trimmed the buds down and placed them in a paper bag with shredded paper for an additional 3-4 days. How do you do it?

IMG_3828.JPG
IMG_3829.JPG
IMG_3830.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3832.JPG
IMG_3833.JPG
IMG_3835.JPG
IMG_3836.JPG
It was a bitter sweet afternoon. She got chopped down. I am seriously impressed with the yield. I am guessing she produced well over 1 oz possibly close to 2 oz. I didn't bother with a wet weight. i have her a rough cut and she is now hang drying in the closet. In 3-4 days I will give her a close trim then toss in a brown bag for a bit before she cures.

Thanks Automan. They have been hanging since Friday. This afternoon I plan on giving her a nice close trim and placing in brown bags to finish drying.

I gave everything a heavy trim tonight and then layered the buds in a brown paper bag with some shredded paper. The buds weren't as solid as I hoped. Even the tops that were rock solid growing thinned out and were very fluffy. I can't complain too much, I am sure it will be decent smoke and I should have enough to last me awhile. I will report back when they go into jars and have a final weight. Thanks again everyone for your help!

I am pretty sure the buds could use another day or 2 of drying in the bags. I weighed the main buds and pop corn today and they totaled 74grams! That didn't include the sugar leaf trim. I will post back with final pictures of the haul this weekend.

Today I jarred everything up to begin the cure. The blueberry smell is VERY strong now that they are dried. After they first dried I was a bit disappointed in how they turned out. After a few days and getting another close look at the final product my feelings have definatly changed. I am rather impressed how much this plant yield and the smell is really nice. I am not in any rush to sample the goods. I plan on letting one jar cure for at least 6-8 weeks. I have a bunch of Boveda 62% and was curious when to add them to the jars. Should they be added right away or after the jars have had some time to cure a bit?

Back